Unable to manage Xbox live account on Xbox one

Discus and support Unable to manage Xbox live account on Xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! I am the mother of a child who is having issues with his Xbox One. After speaking to customer support I was informed to post a msg to this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xXMadXMaddieXx7, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Unable to manage Xbox live account on Xbox one

Hello! I am the mother of a child who is having issues with his Xbox One. After speaking to customer support I was informed to post a msg to this forum.

I'm the administrator account manager for SuperPrestige28 [child account]

Every time my son tries to sign in with this particular account his Xbox One shuts off automatically. My son is a part of the preview program and started having these issues after something was rolled out at the end of Dec. I have dealt with Xbox support
    on several occasions, resetting his Xbox, downloading all kinds of things, etc...

I was told to mention that his Xbox is no longer under warranty but was advised that this issue could be resolved at no charge because he is a part of the preview program.

I thought this problem was resolved until my son asked me to purchase several games I knew we had already purchased for him. Come to find out that it was not fixed at all. The only way my son could get back onto his Xbox was to create a new logon/sign in.
    Once he did this he had no issues and his Xbox works fine.

The problem is that he can't access any of the games that we purchased and downloaded right from Xbox. I am being told the only resolution is to send his Xbox in for repair. How is this going to help when the issue is the account and nothing else. I am
    beyond frustrated with this situation. They can clearly see all of the games we've purchased/downloaded.

Why can't they just merge the accounts together/transfer the licenses????

My son suffers from a Rare Bone Tumor disease and his Xbox is the one thing he can play with his friends/keeps him connected to his friends that doesn't put him at risk of breaking bones. It also is his go to when he needs to keep his mind off of the pain
    he suffers from everyday!! How is this fair to take this away from him when Xbox is the one that caused this issue to begin with. There has got to be another solution!!!! It's not fair, nor is it right to take this away from him for 15 days.

I can provide medical documentation if need be.

I can be reached via phone: [Mod Removed - Please do not post personal information on these public forums.]

Thank you!

:)

xXMadXMaddieXx7, Feb 8, 2016
  2. SwinBob72
    SwinBob72 Guest
    changing email address associated with xbox

No, don't do it!!!

I tried to do exactly this 5 months ago with my old gamertag, and it completely borked my XBL account. My account ended up not being able to 'purchase' anything from the xbl store (including free stuff, games with gold freebies & demos), unable to log in on any other device/system/webpage except the xbox itself, and unable to redeem codes or manage payment options so I couldn't even renew my gold sub, when it ran out last month.

All this has been going on for 5 months and MS can't seem to fix it. I would find it easier to take (the fact that they can't/won't fix it that is) if it was only me it was happening to, but there are a lot of people who have had the same problem, there's even a 49 page thread about it on the support forums Unable to download items, view account details or access website. - 03 - Managing my Xbox Live Account on Xbox 360 - Xbox 360 Support - Xbox.com Forums - Xbox.com and MS just seem to be unable to work out how to fix it.

Some of the guys on there's accounts have been bust since July last year. I've ended up creating a new account, just so I can actually use my XB1.

SwinBob72, Feb 8, 2016
  3. Error code 0x80bd0006

My internet is working fine and I tested my connection several times... Played xbox last night no problems. i have seven months xbox live left on my one and I just turned my console on I am unable to connect to anything online though it says I have internet
    connection still. Unable to see my account info as we'll through the xbox. When I clicked on manage my account recieved error code 0x80bd0006 please help!

LookingGlass666, Feb 8, 2016
  4. Unable to manage Xbox live account on Xbox one

That's a strange issue , I would make sure that he is not "restricted" for some reason and that is what is switching him off , this link will show you where that can be checked ...

support.gtm.xbox.com/.../core-family-safety-features

ususally , a profile can be fixed by removing it from the console , shutting down the console , restarting the console , then re adding the profile (make sure you have the email and password)

also , you mentioned "resetting the xbox" , do you mean you restored it to factory settings like when it was new ?

and IF it had to be repaired , they should be able to send you an "advanced exchange" and you send yours back when you receive it (they will put a hold on your credit card until the return is received though)

RobertBuckalew, Feb 8, 2016
  5. Hey there, Maddie! I'm incredibly sorry to see the situation that you guys are in. I've been working with another customer that is suffering the same symptoms as your son's account is. We're unsure what the cause is right now.

Is there a way that your son can try his account on another Xbox One console? I do not believe this is a console issue, but an account issue. Let us know if he can try his account on another console, and we'll be able to continue from there. Unable to manage Xbox live account on Xbox one :)

Misses Quinzel, Feb 9, 2016
  6. Hi Misses Quinzel! I had my son call a friend and he logged on to his Xbox One with Bryce's sign on and the same thing happened. His Xbox shut off.

xXMadXMaddieXx7, Feb 9, 2016
  7. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    Hi there,

just to be sure, what happens when your son's account logs in at
    https://account.xbox.com
    ?

If that is working also try:
    account.xbox.com/MyGames
    to see if the previous purchased games show up.

It may be useful information, for any further assistance Misses Quinzel is the best option, being official support and all Unable to manage Xbox live account on Xbox one :)

WPAK, Feb 9, 2016
  8. Unable to manage Xbox live account on Xbox one

Alright, Maddie. I 100% appreciate you guys trying that out for me! It definitely seems an issue with the account itself.

It looks like you've been in contact with support recently. I highly suggest reaching out via email to the agent that you guys were previously working with to see if they can get you sent up to the right teams. If you cannot find that email, please give
    phone support a call at 800-4-MY XBOX and explain the situation. If they are unable to assist you, please send me a private message with the reference number from that situation. You can send me a private message by clicking on the envelope at the bottom of
    my post.

Hopefully they are able to sort you all out! If not, I will make sure we get you to the right people. :3

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  9. Misses Quinzel Win User

Alright, Maddie. I 100% appreciate you guys trying that out for me! It definitely seems an issue with the account itself.

It looks like you've been in contact with support recently. I highly suggest reaching out via email to the agent that you guys were previously working with to see if they can get you sent up to the right teams. If you cannot find that email, please give
    phone support a call at 800-4-MY XBOX and explain the situation. If they are unable to assist you, please send me a private message with the reference number from that situation. You can send me a private message by clicking on the envelope at the bottom of
    my post.

Hopefully they are able to sort you all out! If not, I will make sure we get you to the right people. :3
  10. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

just to be sure, what happens when your son's account logs in at
    https://account.xbox.com
    ?

If that is working also try:
    account.xbox.com/MyGames
    to see if the previous purchased games show up.

It may be useful information, for any further assistance Misses Quinzel is the best option, being official support and all :)
  11. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, Maddie! I'm incredibly sorry to see the situation that you guys are in. I've been working with another customer that is suffering the same symptoms as your son's account is. We're unsure what the cause is right now.

Is there a way that your son can try his account on another Xbox One console? I do not believe this is a console issue, but an account issue. Let us know if he can try his account on another console, and we'll be able to continue from there. :)
  12. xXMadXMaddieXx7 Win User

Hi Misses Quinzel! I had my son call a friend and he logged on to his Xbox One with Bryce's sign on and the same thing happened. His Xbox shut off.
  13. RobertBuckalew Win User

That's a strange issue , I would make sure that he is not "restricted" for some reason and that is what is switching him off , this link will show you where that can be checked ...

support.gtm.xbox.com/.../core-family-safety-features

ususally , a profile can be fixed by removing it from the console , shutting down the console , restarting the console , then re adding the profile (make sure you have the email and password)

also , you mentioned "resetting the xbox" , do you mean you restored it to factory settings like when it was new ?

and IF it had to be repaired , they should be able to send you an "advanced exchange" and you send yours back when you receive it (they will put a hold on your credit card until the return is received though)
Thema:

1. Unable to manage Xbox live account on Xbox one - Similar Threads - Unable manage live

2. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  3. Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.: As the title reads, I’m unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility through Xbox 360. The issue started yesterday and I just thought the servers were down but it turns out it...
  4. Unable to start Xbox app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to start Xbox app on PC: Greetings! Since roughly 2 weeks ago I am unable to start the Xbox PC app and thus unable to access any games through my gamepass. The problem shown is the following: Upon starting up the Xbox...
  5. On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...: [img] I have tried reinstalling the Xbox app, Gaming services and even the Microsoft Store. The only windows update I need is the 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  6. why am i unable to right click on games?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i unable to right click on games?: so before this issue, i was trying to fix the game bar not running in background and then shortcuts not working. but after i fixed them suddenly whenever i right click on a game in my game library...
  7. Unable to access audio settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to access audio settings: So I just connected my razer nari ultimate to my xbox series s and im unable to access my audio settings (mic monitoring, headset chat mixer and headset volume) and I was just wondering if there's...
  8. I am unable to buy realms due to family manager

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to buy realms due to family manager: when ever I try to press the button to start the free trial It doesn't allow me, it pops up with the message: "You aren't able to buy this item: your family manager won't be able to complete this...
  9. My Gamertag is linked to an EA account that I no longer am able to manage and I'm unable to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Gamertag is linked to an EA account that I no longer am able to manage and I'm unable to...: My current gamertag is linked to an EA account I created from my Xbox 360 13 years ago to play one of the early Battlefront games. My personal info and email address have since changed and I no...
  10. Unable to find Advanced management features

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to find Advanced management features: I cant find advanced management features no matter where i look, and i cant find any articles that explain how to do i submitted by /u/Lost_Video_5025 [link] [comments]