unable to locate the java runtime

Discus and support unable to locate the java runtime in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm trying to run Forge 1.12.2 on Minecraft so I can use certain mods, but this error popped up. I've seen multiple errors but I just can't figure this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by nancy marrero, Jan 8, 2024.

1. unable to locate the java runtime

I'm trying to run Forge 1.12.2 on Minecraft so I can use certain mods, but this error popped up. I've seen multiple errors but I just can't figure this one out.

:)

nancy marrero, Jan 8, 2024
  2. MargaretWoods3 Win User

Unable to locate the java runtime

Thank you. Following Java's directions very carefully, I uninstalled all traces of Java - I did this several times, then I went to Windows Offline and installed the latest Java 64-bit. I rebooted my computer and Java works perfectly now.
  3. Devon Overbey Win User

where is options???? i can't find it anywhere. just settings
  4. Kyle Robbins Win User

I found a solution to my problem after a few days. I will paste a link to the support page that helped me greatly.

https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCL-23025

here is the portion I found useful...

For Missing Java:

• 1.18-1.19: Download Java 17: https://github.com/adoptium/temurin...nJDK17U-jdk_x64_windows_hotspot_17.0.6_10.msi, run that, find the javaw.exe file in C:\Program Files\Eclipse Adoptium\jdk-17.0.6.10-hotspot\bin. Click on Installations in the Minecraft launcher, click Edit Installation on your installation, click more options, and set the Java Runtime to be directed to the javaw.exe.
    • 1.17: Download Java 11: https://github.com/adoptium/temurin...JDK11U-jdk_x64_windows_hotspot_11.0.18_10.msi, run that, find the javaw.exe file in C:\Program Files\Eclipse Adoptium\jdk-11.0.18.10-hotspot\bin. Click on Installations in the Minecraft launcher, click Edit Installation on your installation, click more options, and set the Java Runtime to be directed to the javaw.exe.
    • 1.8.9-1.16.5: Download Java 8: https://www.java.com/en/download/, run that, find the javaw.exe file in C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_351\bin. Click on Installations in the Minecraft launcher, click Edit Installation on your installation, click more options, and set the Java Runtime to be directed to the javaw.exe.

For those who can't find "options" and "advanced settings..."

Open the launcher. Go to Installations. Then click Edit ( . . . ) and then "More Options"

Another problem I had was being unable to find my "AppData" which was a part of the path I needed to follow to install my nonexisting files. I used Windows + R to open "%appdata%" and then I followed the path my Minecraft Error Sceen told me to do.

I hope this helps. The first link I sent also has other methods that can prove useful. I only tried the one, because it worked for me.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

try the instructions from above

• Start the launcher, and open up the launcher options
    • Navigate to Launch Options and find the “Java executable” option and un-check it
    • Save settings, this will ensure the launcher runs with default runtime it came with.
    • Open launcher again and try launching the game

If this fails then best to go to the minecraft.net forums for assistance.
  6. Adam Clyde Win User

I have the same issue. I've looked for "options" and "advanced setting but i cant seem to find it. i just got it today so it might be because it is a newer version
Thema:

unable to locate the java runtime

1. unable to locate the java runtime - Similar Threads - unable locate java

2. I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests

in XboX Insiders
    I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests: I’m unable to see any chat requests; I’ve restarted my console, manually logged out and back in, factory reset my console (while keeping installed content), and disconnected the WiFi then...
  3. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  4. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  5. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue: Recently I've been having a lot of issues with being unable to join my family in Minecraft. I am trying to get a Nintendo Switch to join a PC world. They are both on bedrock edition, both have...
  6. Unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to internet: I've had internet issues in the past because of my ISP, but today after disconnecting the Ethernet cable from my series S, I can no longer connect to the internet, already tried both 2.4 & 5 GHz...
  7. unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet: what should i do i already cleared cache system i did check alerts i dont know what to do my xbox 360 cant connect to xbox live 8074ae89-f382-4f8c-9921-5b008a1a835b
  8. Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7: It keeps installation stopped warning . I have gigabit internet speed. In the same time if i install forza 6 it installs without any issue. Forza 6 took only 30-35 minutes to complete install It...
  9. Unable To Locate The Java Runtime

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable To Locate The Java Runtime: I just recently started having this issue, I play the Java version with shaders and mods. I use the Forge 1.19.4 version currently and I keep getting the same error "unable to locate the java...
  10. Unable to locate java Runtime

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to locate java Runtime: Unable to locate the Java runtime. Error details: 0x00000000 - system: The operation completed successfully. Filename on disk: Path: . Exists: Directory Ive tried to start playing mc after a...