Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app

Discus and support Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought "Microsoft Flight Simulator" on Amazon, with an activation key on the Microsoft Store, but cannot seem to get it to run. System... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shyam Sridar, Apr 3, 2024.

1. Shyam Sridar
    Shyam Sridar Guest

I recently bought "Microsoft Flight Simulator" on Amazon, with an activation key on the Microsoft Store, but cannot seem to get it to run.

System details

Windows 11, Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3296)
    Microsoft Store Version 22402.1401.4.0 (latest as of 03 Apr 2024)
    XBox app Version 2403.1001.2.0

Gaming Services version 19.87.13001.0
    Game Bar version 7.124.3191.0

I activated my CD key and hit install on the MS Store product page. It installs the 2GB launcher in the S:/ drive (with 900GB free on that drive).

Once installed, clicking "Play", whether it's on the XBox app or the Microsoft Store app, does nothing. No error message, no processes running in the Task Manager, no freezing, just no response at all.

What I've tried
    Looking at previous help articles on related subjects, I have tried the following :

- Restart XBox service hosts

- Log out and log back in to the MS Store

- Reinstall and repair MSFS

- Update Windows to its latest version

- Update all Windows apps to their latest version

- Repair and Reset Gaming Services

- Uninstall Gaming Services

- Reinstall Gaming Services using the Gaming Services Repair Tool

- Reset the Microsoft Store (wsreset)
    - Re-registered apps on the Microsoft Store (

https://www.makeuseof.com/reregister-microsoft-store-apps-windows/)

And finally, when nothing else worked, I reset my Windows installation and installed it from a download.

I tested the same on my work PC (Windows 11, same versions of the MS Store) and the launcher started immediately without any issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Shyam Sridar, Apr 3, 2024
  2. aridair Win User

Flight Simulator 2020 won't launch to complete install

Same problem. Flight Simulator won't launch from MS Store and reports this error. Also on Dev build 20190. How will we know when Microsoft resolves this issue?
  3. EdgarTakakura Win User

Flight Simulator 2020 (Press any key to start)

1) I downloaded the game through Microsoft Store

2) Launch the game with same problem (press any key to start) agian & again

3) then close the game!

4) download Xbox (beta) from Microsoft Store

5) launch Xbox (beta)

6) launch Flight Simulator from Xbox (beta)

7) problem sloved with (press any key to start)

now looks like updating or something?

Still unable to play!
    In my case, I uninstalled Xbox Game pass and Flight Simulator, install both again and run

After 5 hours (91GB download) everything was ok!
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

No MS Flight Simulator 'Launcher Button'.

You just go to Microsoft Flight Simulator in the start menu like anything else

You can also launch it from theXbox app
  5. RickRussell4 Win User

Flight Simulator 2020 (Press any key to start)

1) I downloaded the game through Microsoft Store

2) Launch the game with same problem (press any key to start) agian & again

3) then close the game!

4) download Xbox (beta) from Microsoft Store

5) launch Xbox (beta)

6) launch Flight Simulator from Xbox (beta)

7) problem sloved with (press any key to start)

now looks like updating or something?

Still unable to play!
    In my case, I uninstalled Xbox Game pass and Flight Simulator, install both again and run

After 5 hours (91GB download) everything was ok!

Same method worked for me. It's like it didn't recognize that I was signed in to Xbox Game Pass until I uninstalled everything, reinstalled Xbox Game Pass app, reinstalled FS 2020, then finally the "Press Any Key" problem was gone. At this point I will just
    have to wait until tomorrow for my first flight because the rest of this download will take several hours.
  6. Dave Clark1 Win User

Re-install of MSFS can't get past available space complaint.

Hi Josef;

Please see my previous posts about how things went with Flight Simulator from the MS App store.

I'll look at the link.

THanks,

Dave
Thema:

1. Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app - Similar Threads - Unable launch Microsoft

2. unable to launch java

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to launch java: i just downloaded minecraft java edition on my laptop (windows 11) and have run into an issue launching the game. when in try to launch the game i am given this message Unable to locate the Java...
  3. I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...: Windows 10. Tried repairing/reinstalling gaming services. Windows is up to date. I have found similar threads with no final resolution. This is the most recent string of suggestions I've tried...
  4. Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app: Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through Xbox app on Windows 11. The app and everything is up to update. [img] 2921a489-e740-47f4-befe-ece5e477ebe2
  5. Fallout 76 error message: unable to launch multiplayer session due to account setup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 76 error message: unable to launch multiplayer session due to account setup: how can I log on. to Fallout 76. I have checked setting already. Worked this morning but now I get this error message "unable to launch multiplayer session due to account setup"...
  6. Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up: " I cannot play multiplayer fallout 76 due to this massage “you cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up” I’ve followed the suggested option of Allow in...
  7. How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...: I was playing Fallout 76 a couple hours ago fine on my Xbox one, but now when I try to play it I get this popup. If I press ok it has me put in my password, and then a popup asking me if I want to...
  8. You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is...: You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. I have followed al the safety instructions. I have game pass ultimate. I can not open my online...
  9. I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session..."

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session...": I am attempting to play Fallout 76, I have GP Ultimate, and for the first time I got a message before I was able to sign in that reads, "You cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of...
  10. Unable to launch anything on my Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to launch anything on my Xbox: I am having an issue since the last alpha skip ahead update. The issue I am having is everything is taking to long to start, even report a problem takes to long to start. I've done a restart...