Unable to launch Metro Exodus after latest update - Xbox Game Pass for PC

Discus and support Unable to launch Metro Exodus after latest update - Xbox Game Pass for PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey Guys So it seems Metro was updated in the last week. I ran into issues updating the game at all (It would just not allow me to update? Kept coming... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Mechalol, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Mechalol
    Mechalol Guest

Hey Guys

So it seems Metro was updated in the last week. I ran into issues updating the game at all (It would just not allow me to update? Kept coming up with an error) until I checked for updates to my OS in Windows Update and installed a new security fix.

Now the game has updated but won't launch at all. When I click the game to launch in Xbox game pass....nothing happens.

Anyone got any ideas?

:)

Mechalol, Jun 1, 2020
  2. HaraldHoerwick Win User

Error 0x80070780

Having the same issue. Attempting to install games with the new Xbox Game Pass for PC (notably Metro Exodus and Wolfenstein II) will result in an error (0x80070780). I have no idea what to do. It's very frustrating
    as I only signed up for game pass to play Metro, and I am currently unable to do so.
  3. J Schmi Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate/Xbox Live login problem!

Hi.

Yesterday I have bought XGPU, downloaded windows 10 update, Xbox (beta) launcher and Metro Exodus.

Today I am trying to play Metro, it starts buy after a while of the intro Xbox (beta) window pops up and says something like: "we were unable to login you to your Xbox live account".

I can't do anything! The game keeps telling me it can't login over and over again.

Also I cant quit the game - only way is to log out of Windows.

Pls help.
    I was able to launch Metro from the start menu, not from the Xbox app. I then chose launch from safe mode from the dialog box that appears and waula - Moscow. Xbox pc Game pass is super finicky. Its possible, good luck. Oh, before that, restart your internet
    router through your browser and after it comes back up go into settings/Network & Internet and click Network reset. Restart your pc, give it a moment and then launch the " Metro Exodus app " from the start menu as described above.
  4. nielubiebudyniu Win User

Metro Exodus - Launch nothing happens PC

HERE IS A WORKING SOLUTION TO Metro Exodus crashing in XBOX Game pass for PC. This worked for me 100% each time the game crashed, and after trying to uninstall it I got stuck with unplayable game, unremovable game files. I went through points 1-5. I managed
    to beat the game after several crashes and remove it recovering 60 GB disk space ;) .

So if anyone has issues with Metro Exodus crashing on PC/XBOX GAME PASS and is unable to sucessfully uninstall the game and free the disk space do this:

1. Uninstall XBOX Game Pass for PC APP
    2. go to your Windows 10 Update Menu and Press Update
    3. restart Windows
    4. Install Xbox game pass App again
    5. Open Xbox game pass App and Press Install Metro Exodus (it will not take long because the game is already there, just a tiny part of it will be brought back).
    This way the game should be playable again or , if you wish you may NOW finally unistall it and free your disk space.

This will not stop the ME from crashing but will make it playable und uninstallable :)

The tricky part is that when the game crashes and we want to uninstall it, some part of the Windows update is removed with it but not the game so the disk space cannot be freed nor game started untill you do the points 1-5 and get your Windows updated again.

This problem has been known for a few weeks now but no patch from XBOX so far.

I hope this will help :)
  5. Elshiznitski001 Win User

Xbox game pass for PC

Hey there, It looks like unfortunately Metro Exodus is only for the Xbox One consoles for Game Pass, and not for PC yet.
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Metro Exodus (Windows) 当前在你的帐户中不可用。错误代码: 0x803F8001 (如果你需要的话)[Metro Exodus (Windows) is currently not available in your account. Error code: 0x803F8001 (if you need it)]

Hi yumeyumeko,

Thanks for your post. I understand you purchased Xbox Game Pass and are experiencing issues with downloading Metro Exodus on PC. Have you attempted to install any other games provided by Game Pass?

Please keep us updated.
Thema:

1. Unable to launch Metro Exodus after latest update - Xbox Game Pass for PC - Similar Threads - Unable launch Metro

2. Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app: I recently bought "Microsoft Flight Simulator" on Amazon, with an activation key on the Microsoft Store, but cannot seem to get it to run. System details Windows 11, Version 23H2 (OS Build...
  3. unable to launch java

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to launch java: i just downloaded minecraft java edition on my laptop (windows 11) and have run into an issue launching the game. when in try to launch the game i am given this message Unable to locate the Java...
  4. I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...: Windows 10. Tried repairing/reinstalling gaming services. Windows is up to date. I have found similar threads with no final resolution. This is the most recent string of suggestions I've tried...
  5. Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app: Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through Xbox app on Windows 11. The app and everything is up to update. [img] 2921a489-e740-47f4-befe-ece5e477ebe2
  6. Fallout 76 error message: unable to launch multiplayer session due to account setup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 76 error message: unable to launch multiplayer session due to account setup: how can I log on. to Fallout 76. I have checked setting already. Worked this morning but now I get this error message "unable to launch multiplayer session due to account setup"...
  7. Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up: " I cannot play multiplayer fallout 76 due to this massage “you cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up” I’ve followed the suggested option of Allow in...
  8. How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...: I was playing Fallout 76 a couple hours ago fine on my Xbox one, but now when I try to play it I get this popup. If I press ok it has me put in my password, and then a popup asking me if I want to...
  9. You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is...: You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. I have followed al the safety instructions. I have game pass ultimate. I can not open my online...
  10. I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session..."

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session...": I am attempting to play Fallout 76, I have GP Ultimate, and for the first time I got a message before I was able to sign in that reads, "You cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of...