Unable to launch A plaque Tale Requiem

Discus and support Unable to launch A plaque Tale Requiem in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently got game pass, and installed A plaque Tale Requiem, and I am unable to launch the game, just get a black screen with game using system... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DRG_197, Dec 27, 2022.

1. DRG_197
    DRG_197 Guest

Recently got game pass, and installed A plaque Tale Requiem, and I am unable to launch the game, just get a black screen with game using system resources. Ive reset the xbox app, services, re-installed the apps, and game. drivers are up to date. it's the only game i have installed from game pass that won't load. I installed it on a second pc, lower spec system, and it loads. Tried calling support, only to be told twice that the game was only available for the S/X, to which i replied, how was I able to install it on PC then if there is only an S/X version for game pass. while attempting to have the agent connect to investigate, we were disconnected. it was a terrible connection, I was hardly able to hear what either agent was saying.
    I would rather not have to format my pc just to play one game, when it clearly is able to work, theres just something unique about this issue and I am unable to figure it out.

System is a ryzen 5900x, 32gbs ram, 3090, win 10 pro 21h2, 1440p resolution

:)

DRG_197, Dec 27, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello DRG_197, as you mention that you have your system up to date, just confirm that you have all the optional 22H2 system updates.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.

After this, try this procedures below.

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

chkdsk

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

The system will ask you if you want to run CHKDSK after restarting the system, press S on your keyboard and then type "Exit" and restart the computer, it will scan in DOS mode.
  3. Nicholas Gardner1 Win User

Microsoft Sweepstakes

The sweepstakes stated that it would be drawn today. However, when you go through the conformation email to access the results, nothing shows up for the "A Plague Tale: Requiem Custom PC Bundle".
  4. karl_Sefni Win User

plague tale requiem error

I use a Windows 10 PC .not only in this game I also can't run the death stranding game and always got same error
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Karl_sefni

Additional information is needed, please tell me:

Is this happening on Xbox or PC?
    If it’s on Xbox, what console do you have?
    If it’s on PC, are you using windows 10 or 11?

In any case:
    Do you know if your device received recently an update?
    Are you using an insider build / beta OS in your device?

Is this happening only with this game or if you try a different game something similar happens?
    And, what did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  6. karl_Sefni Win User

I can still play the other 2 games, Middle Earth and Watch dogs, but these two still don't work
Thema:

1. Unable to launch A plaque Tale Requiem - Similar Threads - Unable launch plaque

2. Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app: I recently bought "Microsoft Flight Simulator" on Amazon, with an activation key on the Microsoft Store, but cannot seem to get it to run. System details Windows 11, Version 23H2 (OS Build...
  3. unable to launch java

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to launch java: i just downloaded minecraft java edition on my laptop (windows 11) and have run into an issue launching the game. when in try to launch the game i am given this message Unable to locate the Java...
  4. I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...: Windows 10. Tried repairing/reinstalling gaming services. Windows is up to date. I have found similar threads with no final resolution. This is the most recent string of suggestions I've tried...
  5. Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through xbox app: Unable to launch Cloud Gaming through Xbox app on Windows 11. The app and everything is up to update. [img] 2921a489-e740-47f4-befe-ece5e477ebe2
  6. Fallout 76 error message: unable to launch multiplayer session due to account setup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 76 error message: unable to launch multiplayer session due to account setup: how can I log on. to Fallout 76. I have checked setting already. Worked this morning but now I get this error message "unable to launch multiplayer session due to account setup"...
  7. Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up: " I cannot play multiplayer fallout 76 due to this massage “you cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your account is set up” I’ve followed the suggested option of Allow in...
  8. How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...: I was playing Fallout 76 a couple hours ago fine on my Xbox one, but now when I try to play it I get this popup. If I press ok it has me put in my password, and then a popup asking me if I want to...
  9. You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is...: You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. I have followed al the safety instructions. I have game pass ultimate. I can not open my online...
  10. I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session..."

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session...": I am attempting to play Fallout 76, I have GP Ultimate, and for the first time I got a message before I was able to sign in that reads, "You cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of...