Unable to join Xbox Live Party on Xbox 360

Discus and support Unable to join Xbox Live Party on Xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A friend and I (both on Xbox 360) can no longer join an Xbox Live party created by the other. We receive the message: "Can't connect to the Xbox Live... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ray Sunshine, May 7, 2020.

1. Ray Sunshine
    Ray Sunshine Guest

A friend and I (both on Xbox 360) can no longer join an Xbox Live party created by the other. We receive the message: "Can't connect to the Xbox Live Party. There may be network problems."

First noticed the issue on April 30th. (Worked fine before that.)

Additional Info:

• Xbox Live status is all good (tested on Xbox 360)
    • Network stats: 63ms latency, 0% packet loss, 5Mbps upload, 35Mbps download
    • I am able to host/join parties with another friend on my XBOX ONE.
    • Both of us have an active Xbox Live Gold account.
    • Possibly related... we can no longer play head to head in Madden 17. (Receive an error that the session no longer exists.)

Solution attempts:

• Cleared cache
    • Switched from wireless to wired connection. (on my 360)
    • Held power button for 10 seconds during shutdown.
    • Restarted Router
    • Unplugged Xbox 360 from wall for minutes
    • Reset network configuration on the 360
    • Contacted Support (and repeated these steps)

Any other suggestions?

:)

Ray Sunshine, May 7, 2020
  2. The1337gamer Win User

Switching your router off.

I don't have any problems joining parties. I switch the router off every night when i'm done. Maybe it's a NAT issue if you're unable to join xbox live parties.
  3. NiteTimeOwl3533 Win User

Troubleshoot Xbox 360 NAT errors

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Hardware-Network/connect-network/xbox-360-nat-error

Try this 'reset your router to factory setting'

When you restore a router to factory defaults, all of the router settings return to the way they were when you purchased the router. To reset your router, follow these steps. (If you have trouble restoring your router, contact
    your router manufacturer for assistance.)

1. Inspect the back or bottom of the router for a button or small hole. The button or small hole should be labeled "Reset."
    2. Press the button or insert the end of a paper clip into the small hole and hold for at least 10 to 30 seconds.
    3. When the lights on the router blink, the router has been reset to factory settings.

That's it!

To reset your internet connection, following these steps:

1. Unplug the power cord from your modem.
    2. Disconnect the internet connection cable from the modem. Typically, this cable comes out of the wall.
    3. Unplug the power cord from your router
    4. Wait at least one minute.
    5. Connect the power cord and internet connection cable to your modem.
    6. After the lights on the modem have returned to normal, connect the power cable to your router.
    7. Wait at least one minute, and then verify that you are connected to the internet.

If the steps above do not match your specific hardware, refer to your device documentation or the manufacturer's website for help resetting your hardware.

After resetting your router, test your connection again (Settings >
    System Settings > Network Settings, select your wireless network, then select
    Test Xbox Live Connection). If you don’t get a NAT error, you’re done!

This is the final step of this solution. If you are still getting a NAT error, Contact us by using the
    Still need help? section on the right side of this page.
  4. BT843 Win User

Delay when changing lobbies or joining on invites

Yes. This is happening to me as well. Also, alot of the times I cannot join and get an error saying unable to join over and over again. Also, having trouble joining friend's xbox live party when they are in a mw3 lobby.
  5. ALTtehasianhobo Win User

Can't connect to any game

No, I have no problem staying connected to xbox live. I'm unable to join any of my friends games (any multiplayer game), but I can get into parties or games by myself.
  6. smileskybird Win User

Will there be an Xbox Live Party mode for One?

I agree too. Xbox 360 has Xbox Live Party & Video Kinect. The joy would be partly gone if Skype-Call were to wash Xbox Live Party out as a chat app/feature on the Xbox One. Xbox One should continue the Xbox Live Party legacy/heritage so to mention. I mean
    look at how many people join an Xbox Live Party and love it's name XD :)
Thema:

1. Unable to join Xbox Live Party on Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Unable join Live

2. Students using 1.20.81 unable to join each other's worlds

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Students using 1.20.81 unable to join each other's worlds: I am teaching a Minecraft-based class to a group of students using Minecraft PE (not education edition). As of about three weeks ago, they can no longer join each other's worlds. Do you know of a...
  3. On xbox one I am unable to join a game that I get an invite for? Game is battlefield...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    On xbox one I am unable to join a game that I get an invite for? Game is battlefield...: On xbox one I am unable to join a game that I get an invite for? Game is battlefield hardline d845b8b4-7188-4cfc-9a0a-afdbd03eee1b
  4. How to fix "There was a problem posting you looking for group" and "Unable to send join...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix "There was a problem posting you looking for group" and "Unable to send join...: So, I've been trying for a while to post a looking for group, and it does not work, so I wanted to join other posts, and it also does not work. I have read other rensponses to this question but...
  5. I am unable to join parties on my pc and it says my profile is unable to use parties but i...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to join parties on my pc and it says my profile is unable to use parties but i...: I have been trying for months to join my friends on my pc but it says i am unable to use parties because my profile can't, why am i having this issue on my pc but not my xbox...
  6. Why does it say “unable to connect to world. The world is no longer available to join.”...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say “unable to connect to world. The world is no longer available to join.”...: I am trying to join a friends world on minecraft (he’s on Nintendo switch and I am on Xbox) but every time it just says “unable to connect to world. The world is no longer available to join.” Can...
  7. What does it mean when someone trys to join my world and it says "unable to join the world,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What does it mean when someone trys to join my world and it says "unable to join the world,...: For some reason whenever my friends try to join me it says this and I am on nintendo switch by the way 5b7b296b-15ae-4805-b98f-f991203d9a78
  8. Unable to join and talk on xbox parties

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to join and talk on xbox parties: I have been told that my xbox profile is not able to join parties but i have no active suspensions. I went into my settings and everything is allowed. I still cannot hear my friends. Ive reset my...
  9. Minecraft education says “we were unable to connect you” when joining others’ world D:

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft education says “we were unable to connect you” when joining others’ world D:: Hi! I’ve been trying to join other people’s worlds in Minecraft Education for a while but it always gives me this message.: “We were unable to connect you” With the ok button. I tried to take a...
  10. Why am I unable to send a request to join a game

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I unable to send a request to join a game: Why am I unable to send a request to join a game 362095e8-71e6-4041-9847-79fe6a08f98f