Unable to join minecraft multiplayer through xbox live due to how my account was set up ...

Discus and support Unable to join minecraft multiplayer through xbox live due to how my account was set up ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to go onto a server it says 'You cannot play online multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set up. This can be changed... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by xander011, Oct 24, 2018.

1. xander011
    xander011 Guest

Unable to join minecraft multiplayer through xbox live due to how my account was set up ...

When I try to go onto a server it says 'You cannot play online multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy & online safety settings on Xbox.com' however I cannot access these settings as the account
    is a child account and I haven't been able to get a 'Microsoft Family'

I was able to play multiplayer before hand, and I don't see why I should be barred from it for something I did not choose to turn on/off. I only have a Microsoft account as the student discount was helpful, and so I don't see what setting that could have
    triggered, and would like Microsoft to just turn off the settings that are barring me from playing games with friends as this is just ridiculous.

:)

xander011, Oct 24, 2018
  2. jaylenyancy
    jaylenyancy Guest
    Minecraft realms not working.

Im trying to join my Sisters account to a Minecraft realms but it keep giveing an error about how her Xbox Live account is not set up for Multiplayer or something like that. Ive added her to my family on my account and changed all the Xbox Live settings
    and it still doesnt work.

jaylenyancy, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Calexgo
    Calexgo Guest
    Xbox live settings won’t allow multiplayer

So I have a One S. I open Minecraft to play local LAN or multiplayer game, but it says I cannot due to how my account is set up. It says to change it on my Privacy settings on my account. I go on my account and all the settings For Xbox one are on ALLOW,
    including “join multiplayer games”. Well just to make sure I turn the setting off and on again. I still can’t join multiplayer. Any help?

Thanks.

Calexgo, Oct 24, 2018
  4. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest

Hey Xander,

I'm sorry to hear about the account settings not letting you play Minecraft Online. I'd be happy to try and help.

It's rare to come across a child account that does not fall under a Family or has an adult account not tied to it as I believe its a step in child account creation to link it to a Family. Issues where you can't manage your account comes into play because
    child accounts cannot do that. It's what we call an orphaned account and you may need to create an adult account to correct this.

Was the last time you played online before or after the recent October system update?

Do you have any similar issues trying yo play any of your other games online?

Is this on Xbox One or on a Windows 10 PC?

Let us know so we can further assist you!

XBF Diego M, Oct 24, 2018
  5. xander011
    xander011 Guest
    Ok now its saying I need to authenticate to Xbox live

xander011, Oct 24, 2018
  6. xander011
    xander011 Guest
    It was after I believe, and I am playing on a tablet, decided to try fixing the issue by buying the game again as when I checked the account it said I did not own Minecraft, but now it says I need to authenticate to Xbox Live. can you explain?

xander011, Oct 24, 2018
  7. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hey Xander,

So if you're playing on a tablet what version of Minecraft are you playing and where did you buy the game? If you bought it through Microsoft, you'd need to make sure you have the Xbox app downloaded to your tablet and check the Xbox Live Gold subscription
    for your account on account.live.com and then select the "Subscriptions and Services" header.

Also the system update I had mentioned earlier is irrelevant because you are not playing on an Xbox.

I have not seen the authenticate to Xbox Live error message before, is this a message you get in-game?

XBF Diego M, Oct 24, 2018
  8. xander011
    xander011 Guest

I am playing on the Kindle Fire and originally got it through the amazon store, but since I noticed that Minecraft wasn't listed on my xbox account, I bought it through the microsoft store to make sure that wasn't what caused the original problem (I believe
    it was) and then the aforementioned message came up in game when I try and join a server.

I currently don't actually have Xbox Gold.

xander011, Oct 24, 2018
  9. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hey Xander,

If you bought it through Amazon then it will not be listed on your Microsoft account. Unless Amazon provided you a 25-digit Xbox Live code for the game and you redeem it from an Xbox or Microsoft.com, it will not appear on your Xbox account.

Xbox requires an Xbox Live Gold subscription to play Minecraft on it's platforms, which includes the Xbox 360, the Xbox One, and Xbox on Windows. So the original error you were receiving was due to your account not having an active Gold subscription.

I'm not sure what the original issue was with the game license you got through Amazon, but on the Xbox side of things you will need a subscription to play Minecraft on the Xbox servers.

XBF Diego M, Nov 2, 2018
  10. XBF Diego M Win User

Unable to join minecraft multiplayer through xbox live due to how my account was set up (apparently)

Hey Xander,

If you bought it through Amazon then it will not be listed on your Microsoft account. Unless Amazon provided you a 25-digit Xbox Live code for the game and you redeem it from an Xbox or Microsoft.com, it will not appear on your Xbox account.

Xbox requires an Xbox Live Gold subscription to play Minecraft on it's platforms, which includes the Xbox 360, the Xbox One, and Xbox on Windows. So the original error you were receiving was due to your account not having an active Gold subscription.

I'm not sure what the original issue was with the game license you got through Amazon, but on the Xbox side of things you will need a subscription to play Minecraft on the Xbox servers.
  11. xander011 Win User

Unable to join minecraft multiplayer through xbox live due to how my account was set up (apparently)

It was after I believe, and I am playing on a tablet, decided to try fixing the issue by buying the game again as when I checked the account it said I did not own Minecraft, but now it says I need to authenticate to Xbox Live. can you explain?
  12. XBF Diego M Win User

Hey Xander,

I'm sorry to hear about the account settings not letting you play Minecraft Online. I'd be happy to try and help.

It's rare to come across a child account that does not fall under a Family or has an adult account not tied to it as I believe its a step in child account creation to link it to a Family. Issues where you can't manage your account comes into play because
    child accounts cannot do that. It's what we call an orphaned account and you may need to create an adult account to correct this.

Was the last time you played online before or after the recent October system update?

Do you have any similar issues trying yo play any of your other games online?

Is this on Xbox One or on a Windows 10 PC?

Let us know so we can further assist you!
  13. XBF Diego M Win User

Hey Xander,

So if you're playing on a tablet what version of Minecraft are you playing and where did you buy the game? If you bought it through Microsoft, you'd need to make sure you have the Xbox app downloaded to your tablet and check the Xbox Live Gold subscription
    for your account on account.live.com and then select the "Subscriptions and Services" header.

Also the system update I had mentioned earlier is irrelevant because you are not playing on an Xbox.

I have not seen the authenticate to Xbox Live error message before, is this a message you get in-game?
  14. xander011 Win User

I am playing on the Kindle Fire and originally got it through the amazon store, but since I noticed that Minecraft wasn't listed on my xbox account, I bought it through the microsoft store to make sure that wasn't what caused the original problem (I believe
    it was) and then the aforementioned message came up in game when I try and join a server.

I currently don't actually have Xbox Gold.
Thema:

1. Unable to join minecraft multiplayer through xbox live due to how my account was set up ... - Similar Threads - Unable join minecraft

2. Students using 1.20.81 unable to join each other's worlds

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Students using 1.20.81 unable to join each other's worlds: I am teaching a Minecraft-based class to a group of students using Minecraft PE (not education edition). As of about three weeks ago, they can no longer join each other's worlds. Do you know of a...
  3. On xbox one I am unable to join a game that I get an invite for? Game is battlefield...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    On xbox one I am unable to join a game that I get an invite for? Game is battlefield...: On xbox one I am unable to join a game that I get an invite for? Game is battlefield hardline d845b8b4-7188-4cfc-9a0a-afdbd03eee1b
  4. How to fix "There was a problem posting you looking for group" and "Unable to send join...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix "There was a problem posting you looking for group" and "Unable to send join...: So, I've been trying for a while to post a looking for group, and it does not work, so I wanted to join other posts, and it also does not work. I have read other rensponses to this question but...
  5. I am unable to join parties on my pc and it says my profile is unable to use parties but i...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to join parties on my pc and it says my profile is unable to use parties but i...: I have been trying for months to join my friends on my pc but it says i am unable to use parties because my profile can't, why am i having this issue on my pc but not my xbox...
  6. Minecraft education says “we were unable to connect you” when joining others’ world D:

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft education says “we were unable to connect you” when joining others’ world D:: Hi! I’ve been trying to join other people’s worlds in Minecraft Education for a while but it always gives me this message.: “We were unable to connect you” With the ok button. I tried to take a...
  7. Unable to join the minecraft server "LOGIN TO XBOX TO JOIN THIS SERVER".

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to join the minecraft server "LOGIN TO XBOX TO JOIN THIS SERVER".: Please Help me as i made a java pe crossplay server but my pe players are unable to join there is a pop up showing LOGIN TO XBOX TO JOIN THIS SERVER please help me fast. We have tried by updating...
  8. "Unable to join realm" Minecraft Bedrock error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Unable to join realm" Minecraft Bedrock error: When I open Minecraft bedrock, the first 4-5 times of opening it it will be "Unable to join realms". Only fix is to quit and restart multiple times until it suddenly can join again. No other...
  9. Why am I unable to join minecraft nintendo switch world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to join minecraft nintendo switch world: Hello, I am trying to join my sister's minecraft world she plays on switch and I play on xbox she can join my world but I can't join her world I have tried restarting my xbox doing a power cycle...
  10. "Unable to join world" Minecraft PE - tried everything

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    "Unable to join world" Minecraft PE - tried everything: Hello! My sister and I have been trying to join each other's Minecraft worlds for weeks now with no luck. Each time we tried to join each other, it'll load for a bit, and then give us the message...