Unable to install xbox from store or online installer?

Discus and support Unable to install xbox from store or online installer? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop from acer. Its windows 11 updated to latest version. On installing xbox app from microsoft store I am getting error code... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Anjali Singh2, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Unable to install xbox from store or online installer?

I bought a new laptop from acer. Its windows 11 updated to latest version. On installing xbox app from microsoft store I am getting error code 0x80070490 and from installing from online install I am getting the same error code. On help site it just says that unexpected error occured.

:)

Anjali Singh2, Jan 3, 2024
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Anjali,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're trying to install the Xbox app on your new Acer laptop. Error code 0x80070490 usually indicates that there is a problem with the Windows Update components on your computer.

Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

Run the Windows Update troubleshooter:

• Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters > Windows Update > Run the troubleshooter.

Reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press the Windows key + R, type "wsreset.exe" and press Enter.
    • This may take a while, please wait until the Microsoft Store launches on its own.

Check for updates:

• Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and check for any available updates.
    • Install all updates including Optional Updates.

Perform a clean boot:

• Press the Windows key + R, type "msconfig" and press Enter.
    • Go to the Services tab, check the "Hide all Microsoft services" box, then click "Disable all".
    • Go to the Startup tab and click "Open Task Manager".
    • Disable all startup items, then restart your computer.

If issue persists, try power cycle your PC and see if you can install Xbox app:

To power cycle your Windows device, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds until the device shuts down, and then turn it back on.

Let us know the following details once the steps above are completed.

1. Can you install other apps/games from Microsoft Store?
    2. Can you download any files from a browser, or you will get the same error message?
    3. May we ask for a screenshot of the issue? Please conceal your personal information like full name, gamertag and email address.

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Vanessaez Win User

Hello Anjali,my name is Vanessa, I will be happy to help you.

I am very sorry for what you are going through, there are several things you can try to solve this problem:

Restart your computer. Sometimes a simple restart can fix minor problems.

Check that you have enough disk space. The Xbox app requires at least 500 MB of free disk space.

Make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements. The minimum system requirements for the Xbox app are as follows:

Windows 11 or Windows 10
    Intel Core i3-4300 or AMD FX-6300 processor
    4GB RAM
    500 MB free disk space
    Check that your Internet connection is stable.

Installing the Xbox app requires a broadband Internet connection.

Try installing the Xbox app at a different time of day. If the problem only occurs at a specific time of day, it may be a problem with network traffic.

If the information is not helpful to you, I will leave you this link so you can learn more about the topic.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/errors/error-code-0x80070490

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Vanessa.
  5. strawberryowl Win User

Xbox Live sign in doesn't work, unable to sign in to minecraft (error code: 0x89235107)

Thank you for your help, however I am currently unable to access the minecraft launcher (it can't be opened/launched, is still showing up in the windows search bar, cannot be uninstalled).

Every time I try to download it again from other places (microsoft store application, minecraft installer application, minecraft launcher from the xbox store), I get an error and it tells me it is unable to install
  6. ArkadiumSupport Win User

Can not bring Taptiles up any more!

Thema:

1. Unable to install xbox from store or online installer? - Similar Threads - Unable install store

2. Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7: It keeps installation stopped warning . I have gigabit internet speed. In the same time if i install forza 6 it installs without any issue. Forza 6 took only 30-35 minutes to complete install It...
  3. Fallout 76 unable to install: "Access is Denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005)"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fallout 76 unable to install: "Access is Denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005)": I redeemed a copy of Fallout 76 through a code, however it is unable to install onto my D drive and I am met with the "Access is Denied" code and I don't know if there is anything I need to do on...
  4. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  5. Unable to install apps on Xbox 1s

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install apps on Xbox 1s: I have tried to download apps such as Spotify or YouTube, it shows that I own it but whenever it comes to installing it, it just doesn't do anything, I've pressed it multiple times, I've tried...
  6. I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store: This new laptop arrived and I wanted to install video games on it, such as Minecraft. I have been trying to troubleshoot and fix the problem, but this has not worked. Every single time I try to...
  7. Unable to install minecraft from microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install minecraft from microsoft store: Maybe its a problem on my end but, two years ago i got minecraft from the microsoft store and i havent been able to install it, i bought it for the computer but when i click on the thing to...
  8. Suddenly unable to install any games from the Xbox app & Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Suddenly unable to install any games from the Xbox app & Microsoft Store: I've spent so much time on this issue for the past few days. I am unable to install games on my PC via the xbox app & the microsoft store. Microsoft store install button does nothing. I have...
  9. Unable to install app's on Microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install app's on Microsoft store: When I try to install any app and press the "Install" button It goes gray for a bit and then return to orange. https://youtu.be/vSs1G9LvC0Y Edit : It's not only Minecraft launcher. It's *any*...
  10. Unable to install Games Pass games via XBox or Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install Games Pass games via XBox or Microsoft Store: On Microsoft store app: - It simply sits there, on "pending", nothing happening, no errors or anything. Other apps (eg Netflix) download just fine, the problem seems to be specific to games pass...