Unable to install / update / move any games in Xbox app for past 3 weeks

Discus and support Unable to install / update / move any games in Xbox app for past 3 weeks in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For over 3 weeks now any time I try to install update or move a game in the Xbox PC app I get an error code x80070490 and no download or installation... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CiaranKennedy, Sep 3, 2023.

1. Unable to install / update / move any games in Xbox app for past 3 weeks

For over 3 weeks now any time I try to install update or move a game in the Xbox PC app I get an error code x80070490 and no download or installation takes place. I’ve tried restarting the PC, reinstalling / repairing and resetting the Xbox app and game services app, checking for Microsoft store errors with the troubleshooter, checking for windows system errors with DISM and sfc /scannow, tried changing the locations I’m trying to install to, including to different drives (all of which have more than enough space) and everything else mentioned in every support article. I’ve contacted help over a week ago who said it would be escalated to a higher level of technical support and I would be contacted by email, but I never was. I’m currently paying for a service I can’t access and have gotten zero support for my issues.

:)

CiaranKennedy, Sep 3, 2023
  2. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello CiaranKennedy,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello CiaranKennedy,

We appreciate you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

We understand that you've been experiencing issues with installing, updating, or moving games in the Xbox app for the past three weeks. I understand how you are feeling right now dealing this from you. No worries, we will give it a shot and trying everything else we could.

The error code x80070490 usually indicates that there is a problem with the Windows Update components on your computer. Here are some steps that you can try to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Run the Windows Update troubleshooter

- Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.

- Click on Update & Security.

- Click on Troubleshoot.

- Click on Additional troubleshooters.

- Click on Windows Update.

- Click on Run the troubleshooter.

- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check for Windows updates

- Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.

- Click on Update & Security.

- Click on Check for updates.

- Install any available updates.

Step 3: Reinstall the Xbox app

- Press the Windows key + X and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

- Type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage

- Type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.XboxApp | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

You can also visit this link for further options and steps: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows

After completing these steps, try installing, updating, or moving a game in the Xbox app again and see if the issue has been resolved.

If the issue persists, please let me know right away.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Isaiahb0 Win User

New PC Installation of Windows - Unable to Install Xbox Games

Jumping in to say I also have the same issue as OP, cannot install any new games from Xbox app or Windows Store. I also receive Error Code 0x80070002 when trying to install a game. This is clearly an issue with the Xbox app, probably a new update as this just started happening within the past week for me.

Please release a fix/update because the Xbox/Store app is clearly non-functional right now!!!!
  5. LukasLukasLu Win User

Error 0x80070424 while launching Xbox App on PC

Hello, thank you for quick reply.

Unfortunately, none of the proposed solution worked.

An additional information:

The Windows updater works and installs windows updates.

For past week Xbox App was showing error 0x80070426 but did start after few tries.

At some point Microsoft store stopped getting updates for all of the other apps, and when it showed available updates, It was unable to start downloading them.

After I uninstalled xbox app and Microsoft Gaming Services all the other updates started downloading and installing. Now after reinstalling the Xbox app and enabling gaming services, everything works apart from the Xbox app which shows error 0x80070424 and doesn't start.

Kind regards

Lukas
  6. Ross NCC1701 Win User

Never Alone download doesn't complete

Well, after nearly 3 weeks, we are still unable to download, update, install or play a game that we have paid for.

Is there nobody at Xbox Support that could at least inform us all of what is happening and if we are likely to ever be able to play this game?
Thema:

1. Unable to install / update / move any games in Xbox app for past 3 weeks - Similar Threads - Unable install update

2. Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7: It keeps installation stopped warning . I have gigabit internet speed. In the same time if i install forza 6 it installs without any issue. Forza 6 took only 30-35 minutes to complete install It...
  3. Fallout 76 unable to install: "Access is Denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005)"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fallout 76 unable to install: "Access is Denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005)": I redeemed a copy of Fallout 76 through a code, however it is unable to install onto my D drive and I am met with the "Access is Denied" code and I don't know if there is anything I need to do on...
  4. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  5. Unable to install apps on Xbox 1s

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install apps on Xbox 1s: I have tried to download apps such as Spotify or YouTube, it shows that I own it but whenever it comes to installing it, it just doesn't do anything, I've pressed it multiple times, I've tried...
  6. Unable to install xbox from store or online installer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install xbox from store or online installer?: I bought a new laptop from acer. Its windows 11 updated to latest version. On installing xbox app from microsoft store I am getting error code 0x80070490 and from installing from online install I...
  7. I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store: This new laptop arrived and I wanted to install video games on it, such as Minecraft. I have been trying to troubleshoot and fix the problem, but this has not worked. Every single time I try to...
  8. Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...: Hello, after recently buying a new computer I noticed that I'm unable to log into Xbox Live. Whenever I attempt, the following error appears: To sign into Xbox, please install this framework...
  9. Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely: Hi, I was wondering if anyone has come into trouble of games and apps not being able to update or install on their Xbox one. I have tried everything, a reset leaving the power cord out for...
  10. Error 0x80070002 Unable to install or update, library missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x80070002 Unable to install or update, library missing: I cannot install any new games onto my F drive. I can install on other drives, but they are full. I also have 1tb of games not showing in the app. but still show in file explorer (F:\WindowsApps)....