Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely

Discus and support Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if anyone has come into trouble of games and apps not being able to update or install on their Xbox one. I have tried everything,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Damon CONWAY, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Damon CONWAY
    Damon CONWAY Guest

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has come into trouble of games and apps not being able to update or install on their Xbox one.

I have tried everything, a reset leaving the power cord out for 5mins, trying to install without internet, checking my network connection which was strong.

Within the “manage queue” section games have been shown to be “queued” when it’s the only game in the queue, it has been showing “installation stopped” then “installing” going back and fourth between the two over and over, the percentage bar has never gone past “0.0%” and finally there is no internet speed shown at all. I was wondering if anyone else had any fixes, thanks

:)

Damon CONWAY, Nov 20, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

Hi Damon CONWAY,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're having trouble installing or updating games and apps on your Xbox One. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Check your internet connection: Make sure that your Xbox One is connected to the internet and that your internet connection is stable. You can try resetting your router or modem to see if that helps. To check, follow the steps: Xbox Settings>General>Network Settings>Test Network speed and statistic. It would be great if you can send me a screenshot of the result.

2. Clear the cache: Clearing the cache on your Xbox One can sometimes help with installation issues. To do this, go to Settings > Disc & Blu-ray > Persistent Storage > Clear Persistent Storage.

3. Check for updates: Make sure that your Xbox One is up to date with the latest system updates. To check for updates, go to Settings > System > Updates & downloads > Console update available.

4. Try a hard reset: Sometimes a hard reset can help with installation issues. To do this, hold down the power button on your Xbox One for 10 seconds until it turns off, then unplug the power cord from the back of the console and wait 10 seconds before plugging it back in and turning it on again.

5. You may try to connect your console through wired connection by using an Ethernet cable. This will give your Xbox console a secured network speed.

For more information you may check this support article: Troubleshoot game or app installation problems on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

I hope this will help you. We look forward for your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. TristUK_ Win User

Installation Stopped

Do your games install at all? No games or game updates install at all. Always start and immediately switch to installation stopped at 0.0%

Apps and console updates both install perfectly.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

I bought a game and during installation, laptop went into reboot loop. What to do now?

That's great, as the game bar came already installed with the system you don't need to uninstall it, you should try to update the system and any app, after that install the Xbox app again and try to install the games, but do it on a different storage device
  5. Ariel Acu Win User

Windows 10 Xbox App Crashes When Uploading an (in-app) Trimmed Game Capture

Thank you for the reply. We're doing our best to investigate the issue so that we could identify what's causing you unable to post trimmed captures in the Xbox app. May I know if the issue started after installing the Windows Update on your computer? We're
    suspecting that the update is affecting the functionality of the Xbox app. Also, can you check if there's an update available for Xbox Game Bar in the Windows Store?
  6. BCrowley1 Win User

Download problem

It shows ready to install, goes to 0.0% then says download stopped.
Thema:

1. Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely - Similar Threads - Unable install update

2. Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7: It keeps installation stopped warning . I have gigabit internet speed. In the same time if i install forza 6 it installs without any issue. Forza 6 took only 30-35 minutes to complete install It...
  3. Fallout 76 unable to install: "Access is Denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005)"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fallout 76 unable to install: "Access is Denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005)": I redeemed a copy of Fallout 76 through a code, however it is unable to install onto my D drive and I am met with the "Access is Denied" code and I don't know if there is anything I need to do on...
  4. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  5. Unable to install apps on Xbox 1s

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install apps on Xbox 1s: I have tried to download apps such as Spotify or YouTube, it shows that I own it but whenever it comes to installing it, it just doesn't do anything, I've pressed it multiple times, I've tried...
  6. Unable to install xbox from store or online installer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install xbox from store or online installer?: I bought a new laptop from acer. Its windows 11 updated to latest version. On installing xbox app from microsoft store I am getting error code 0x80070490 and from installing from online install I...
  7. I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store: This new laptop arrived and I wanted to install video games on it, such as Minecraft. I have been trying to troubleshoot and fix the problem, but this has not worked. Every single time I try to...
  8. Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...: Hello, after recently buying a new computer I noticed that I'm unable to log into Xbox Live. Whenever I attempt, the following error appears: To sign into Xbox, please install this framework...
  9. Unable to install / update / move any games in Xbox app for past 3 weeks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install / update / move any games in Xbox app for past 3 weeks: For over 3 weeks now any time I try to install update or move a game in the Xbox PC app I get an error code x80070490 and no download or installation takes place. I’ve tried restarting the PC,...
  10. Error 0x80070002 Unable to install or update, library missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x80070002 Unable to install or update, library missing: I cannot install any new games onto my F drive. I can install on other drives, but they are full. I also have 1tb of games not showing in the app. but still show in file explorer (F:\WindowsApps)....