Unable to install gaming services for Xbox

Discus and support Unable to install gaming services for Xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox app on pc cannot function because there is an error with the gaming services app. In the Xbox app it registers as an 0x8007007e error. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AlvinT_22, Sep 10, 2023.

1. AlvinT_22
    AlvinT_22 Guest

My Xbox app on pc cannot function because there is an error with the gaming services app. In the Xbox app it registers as an 0x8007007e error.

I have attempted to install from the prompts within the app, as well as using Windows Powershell commands -

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

in particular the first command results in an error-

remove-appxpackage : Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor. Deployment Remove operation with target volume C: on Package Microsoft.GamingServices_13.80.25001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe from: failed with error 0x80070002. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing app deployment issues. At line:1 char:46 + ... AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: Unable to install gaming services for Xbox :)) [Remove-AppxPackage], COMException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Comman ds.RemoveAppxPackageCommand

I have also attempted the instructions in this similar thread (What is GamingServicesNet.exe & GamingServices.exe and why does it - Microsoft Community) , running the gaming repair tool (https://support.xbox.com/en-SG/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/gaming-services-repair-tool), reinstalling the Xbox app and attempting to repair and reset the gaming services app to no success.

Please see the error for the repair tool below.

Unable to install gaming services for Xbox [​IMG]

I cannot pinpoint the exact point the issues started but i did attempt at deleting the 'GamingServices' registry files in an attempt to fix my inability to select drives when installing games in the Xbox app.

I am running the windows 10 home with all the latest Microsoft updates

:)

AlvinT_22, Sep 10, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: