Unable to install games through Xbox app or Microsoft App.

Discus and support Unable to install games through Xbox app or Microsoft App. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have gone through every forum post and reddit thread that has anything to do with this issue. At this point i have done everything you could... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Michael Sturt, Aug 29, 2023.

1. Unable to install games through Xbox app or Microsoft App.

I have gone through every forum post and reddit thread that has anything to do with this issue.

At this point i have done everything you could possibly do with the Gaming Services, whether it be manually removing and re-installing or just using the repair and reset functions built into Windows.

I've tried resetting my PC and re-installing windows, I've made sure every single driver is up to date. I've tried changing my region or just making sure my region and date and time are all exactly correct.

I've tried disabling ipv6 and disabling Microsoft Defender (This is my only anti-virus).

I've deleted and re-made the XboxGames folder multiple times in order to get rid of stuck downloads.

Everytime i cancel a download, i have to restart the gaming services service for it to update in the app and get rid of it from the downloads tab.

THE WEIRDEST PART ABOUT THIS IS THAT THERE IS EXACTLY ONE GAME ON THE STORE THAT I HAVE FOUND THAT SEEMS TO NOT CARE ABOUT THIS PROBLEM. I AM ABLE TO DOWNLOAD AND PLAY ASTRONEER PERFECTLY FINE WITH NO ISSUES OR DELAYS TO ANY OF THE PROCESSES THAT SEEM TO BREAK WHENEVER I TRY TO INSTALL LITERALLY ANY OTHER GAME.

So because of this I am completely stumped. I have no idea why it all just works for this one game and for nothing else. I have no idea why following every solution that seems to work for everyone else has not worked for me, and trust me when i say i followed all of them to the letter.

It's going on at least 6 hours worth of troubleshooting and attempting to resolve this issue and i am no closer to an answer. Please someone tell me something new that could fix it.

Download stuck at 0%, no game gets past this except Astroneer

Unable to install games through Xbox app or Microsoft App. [​IMG]
    This is what it looks like whenever i close and re-open the Xbox app, the stuff on the left never loads and it cannot locate any installation locations.

When I restart this service specifically (restarting the one with trigger start doesn't do anything) will then fix this issue and both screens from above will look normal again, but still have the issue of not being able to install games.

And when I then click on a game like this to install the install button stays greyed out with the loading animation indefinitely until i restart that same service again. That is when it changes to the green install button and allows me to start installing, but having it get stuck at 0% like shown in the first screenshot

If anyone needs any extra screenshots or info to help with this please let me know.

:)

Michael Sturt, Aug 29, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Unable to install games through Xbox app or Microsoft App.