Unable to install games through the Xbox App, into my desired drive.

Discus and support Unable to install games through the Xbox App, into my desired drive. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Within the Xbox app, under general settings, I am trying to select the D: drive under change where this app installs games by default. Every time I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Cameron ., Jun 10, 2023.

1. Cameron .
    Cameron . Guest

Within the Xbox app, under general settings, I am trying to select the D: drive under change where this app installs games by default. Every time I click on the D: drive however, it just immediately selects the c: drive again. I have another f: drive and it allows me to select that one no issues. I have tried repairing, resetting and redownloading the Xbox app. I ensured that I had full permissions to my D: drive. I made sure that the XboxGames folder existed within my D: drive. and I restarted my computer. So far, nothing has resolved the issue. I tried to download a game anyway on my D: drive and it allows me to do so, but it won't even download a percent without giving an error message after a few seconds saying "Something happened to this app. We're working to fix the problem." The error code is 0x80070002. I will say that my f: drive, has a windows boot installed onto it, but my new drive is now the primary drive with a new windows boot. Perhaps that is what is messing with it, but all my other apps, including steam, are easily able to access and download onto the D: drive. Overall, I am not sure. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Cameron ., Jun 10, 2023
  2. Pxlz22 Win User

Hello Cameron! I'm Nicolas an Independent advisor i will try my best to help you with your issue.

What you can do is change the default drive where the apps install going into:

Profile icon>> Settings >> General >> Change where this app installs by default.

And select the correct drive you want to use then restart your computer and check if that helps!

If it doesn't you can go to the system app on your pc and click on:

Storage >> Advanced storage settings >> Where new content is saved

And select the correct drive in "New apps will save to" apply changes and restart to see if that does work.

Please notify me if this helps if not i will keep looking for possible fixes.
  3. SammyVS Win User

Install issue not detecting hard drive

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Go to settings>system>storage>click change where new content is saved change to desired drive and save. Then try installing a game again through the Xbox app or through the Microsoft Store app on your Windows.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

flight simulator from game pass will not download to a external hard

Hi, if the desired drive is not formatted as NTFS please format it
    I ask this because most of the newer pc xbox app games requires this file system in order to be installed on another drive
  5. MistarAbde Win User

Installing Games/Apps onto D Drive through Xbox app/Windows Store

I am trying to install games and apps onto my D drive instead of C drive through the Xbox app and Windows store on Game pass.

I have set the default drive to install apps to through Windows settings

I have set the default drive through the Xbox app settings

I get a notification when going to install the game, asking which drive to install to, and instruct it to install to the D drive

Every time though, it ignores this and installs to me C drive.

If I try to move the app through settings, the "Moving" notification and progress bar appears for a split second before disappearing, with no error information, but not having moved the file.

There are some apps that are installed on my D drive, and the pattern seems to be apps that require Admin approval are the ones not install onto my D drive.

Could someone try and resolve the issue, as it's incredibly frustrating for a service that is no longer in beta.
  6. Pavan AdityaMS Win User

Can't install "Administrator Approval" games on Xbox App

I was struggling on the same from almost 3 days.
    wsreset, setting automatic trigger for xbox services, updating to the latest windows, repair and resetting the apps, troubleshooters, running powershell commands, uninstall-install gaming services nothing helped me solve my problem.

The reason for this error is because we are trying to install our game into a different drive other than the C drive. The other drive is not being the default installation drive for our system, the administrator privilages can't be provided for installing games into that location.

For this to be made possible, either we should free up our C drive and install the game into it or can follow another compromised approach as follows,

1. Open Settings > System > Storage > More Storage Settings > Change where new content is saved.
    2. In there by deafault all the storage locations are set to Local Disc (C:). Change the 'New Apps will save to:' option to Local Disc (<respective drive letter>:).
    3. This should allow you to install your game to the desired drive. Even after doing this if the xbox is not allowing you to install the game to your desired drive, please continue with the next steps.
    4. For this we need to install the 'Xbox Game Pass' app on your mobile phone. Login with the same account as on your PC/Laptop.
    5. Open Forza Horizon 5 (or your desired game) and select the 'Install to' option in your mobile app.
    6. That will prompt you with all the PCs on which your account is logged into xbox app.
    7. Select the desired PC/Laptop and click 'Install to this PC'.
    8. This should automatically start your game download on your PC.
    9. If you are still struggling with the error, please go to PC Settings and "repair and reset" your 'Microsoft Store' and 'Xbox' apps and then repeat from step 4.
    Hope solves your issue.

Enjoyy Gaminggg!!!!!!!!!! šŸ˜
Thema:

1. Unable to install games through the Xbox App, into my desired drive. - Similar Threads - Unable install games

2. I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store: This new laptop arrived and I wanted to install video games on it, such as Minecraft. I have been trying to troubleshoot and fix the problem, but this has not worked. Every single time I try to...
  3. Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...: Hello, after recently buying a new computer I noticed that I'm unable to log into Xbox Live. Whenever I attempt, the following error appears: To sign into Xbox, please install this framework...
  4. Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install or update games and apps, Installing bar at 0.0% indefinitely: Hi, I was wondering if anyone has come into trouble of games and apps not being able to update or install on their Xbox one. I have tried everything, a reset leaving the power cord out for...
  5. Unable to install games on non-windows drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install games on non-windows drive: I am currently having an issue where i am unable to install games from the Xbox app on windows on my secondary hard drive (non-boot drive). I have attempt to change the default install location to...
  6. Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...: On PC with updated win11, nvidia drivers, Win Security is green. Xbox app installs game (Starfield) after downloading all 121GB, then it stops "Something unexpected happened" error code...
  7. I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App: Start Menu -> Xbox App -> Cloud Gaming (Requirement must have Gamepass Ultimate and must the game installed on your PC Xbox App IE StarField) So on the PC Xbox App under the Cloud Gaming tab...
  8. I am unable to install games on the XBOX App on PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install games on the XBOX App on PC.: I recently restore my windows and since then i have been unable to install any games on the Xbox App. I have tried mutiple differenet solutions form the internet and nothing seems to work. And the...
  9. Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?: I just upgraded my PC's motherboard and all and also upgraded to win 11 (big mistake I know) and i wanted to play starfield from the pc game pass app but whenever I try to install any game pass...
  10. Unable to install gaming services for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install gaming services for Xbox: My Xbox app on pc cannot function because there is an error with the gaming services app. In the Xbox app it registers as an 0x8007007e error. I have attempted to install from the prompts within...