Unable to install Games Pass games via XBox or Microsoft Store

Discus and support Unable to install Games Pass games via XBox or Microsoft Store in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; On Microsoft store app: - It simply sits there, on "pending", nothing happening, no errors or anything. Other apps (eg Netflix) download just fine,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Erik Hogan, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Erik Hogan
    Erik Hogan Guest

On Microsoft store app:

- It simply sits there, on "pending", nothing happening, no errors or anything. Other apps (eg Netflix) download just fine, the problem seems to be specific to games pass games like Doom 2.

On the XBox App:

- Every time, it says "Download gaming services". It instantly says "gaming services just got downloaded" but doesn't allow me to play the game. "Installing gaming services" does not disappear.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling games services via Powershell and then restarting as suggested elsewhere, that does not work.

I tried to attach images to this post but got the error "File(s) failed to upload."

---

Edit: I don't exactly know how, but I got it working after managing to set D:\ as the default install location. I'm not entirely sure if there was enough space on C:\, it could have also been a complication to do with D:\ itself (I had recently done a factory reinstall which left some of my D:\ owned by the account on the old install).

:)

Erik Hogan, Apr 28, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: