Unable to have sound with xbox360 S + Dell screen

Discus and support Unable to have sound with xbox360 S + Dell screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi everyone, My English is poor but i will do my best... I'm Sorry ! I want to play xbox on my Dell PC screen but i only get image but no Sound ! My... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NisTuns, May 16, 2017.

1. NisTuns
    NisTuns Guest

Hi everyone,

My English is poor but i will do my best... I'm Sorry !

I want to play xbox on my Dell PC screen but i only get image but no Sound !

My xbox is connected to the Dell screen with a HDMI cable.

So i bought a little "VGA to HDMI adapter" because my screen has no DHMI entrance.

Also my Dell screen has no incorporated sound speakers. I bought Soundspeakers that has 2 type of connections ( jack male 3.5 mm & USB connectors) + i bought a USB sound card (10euro)

and connect it to one of my USB slots (on the side of my screen) and i directly linked the soundspeakers into the USB soundcard adapter through the jack 3.5 mm & the USB connector.

And i still don't have audio !!! but why ?? can anyone please help me ?

P.S : I tried also to check in the sound options through the control panel if i can do something but it's still not OK !

:)

NisTuns, May 16, 2017
  2. NisTuns
    NisTuns Guest
    Unable to get sound from xbox360 S to a DELL monitor without speakers

Hi everyone,

My English is poor but i will do my best... I'm Sorry !

I want to play xbox on my Dell PC screen but i only get image but no Sound !

My xbox is connected to the Dell screen with a HDMI cable.

So i bought a little "VGA to HDMI adapter" because my screen has no HDMI entrance.

Also my Dell screen has no incorporated sound speakers. I bought Soundspeakers that has 2 type of connections ( jack male 3.5 mm & USB connectors) + i bought a USB sound card (10euro)

and connect it to one of my USB slots (on the side of my screen) and i directly linked the soundspeakers into the USB soundcard adapter through the jack 3.5 mm &/or the USB connector.

And i still don't have audio !!! but why ?? can anyone please help me ?

P.S : I tried also to check in the sound options through the control panel if i can do something but it's still not OK !

NisTuns, May 16, 2017
  3. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest

Hey NisTuns!

It sounds like the adapter you are trying to use for your HDMI input may not be the correct one to allow sound to be passed from your console to your monitor. If you take a look at

this guide
    here, you can scroll down and see the different ways you can connect your console to allow for digital audio. The best option is going to be the Xbox 360 S-Video/AV cable adapter as that will be the easiest set up. If that's not what you have,
    take a look through the guide and see if any of the things listed there help you out.

Good luck! Unable to have sound with xbox360 S + Dell screen :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the
    Xbox Forum Guidelines
    and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the

Xbox Insider Program Forums
    for help with Insider Program troubleshooting.

Miss Bijoux, May 16, 2017
  4. Miss Bijoux Win User

Hey NisTuns!

It sounds like the adapter you are trying to use for your HDMI input may not be the correct one to allow sound to be passed from your console to your monitor. If you take a look at

this guide
    here, you can scroll down and see the different ways you can connect your console to allow for digital audio. The best option is going to be the Xbox 360 S-Video/AV cable adapter as that will be the easiest set up. If that's not what you have,
    take a look through the guide and see if any of the things listed there help you out.

Good luck! :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the
    Xbox Forum Guidelines
    and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the

Xbox Insider Program Forums
    for help with Insider Program troubleshooting.
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Using a laptop screen as a monitor

[quote user="Hesse2509"]Is it technically possible to plug my 360 s into my laptop so as to use my laptop's monitor to display the 360's output?[/quote]You'd have to have a laptop designed for that. Alienware/Dell added that as a feature on some of their
    models.

The vast majority of laptops do not have an HDMI input or a video input that goes directly to the screen.
  6. AndragonI Win User

Xbox one Smartglass on Windows 8.1

I'm having the same issue as you Yayo69, i'm on an XPS 15 Dell laptop w/ Win 8.1, the companion app doesn't seem to want to connect. Tried it on my Surface as well, not working there, same 'stuck on a loading screen' issue. Want this to work sounds so
    cool!
  7. dlCHIEF58 Win User

Connecting Xbox 360 E to monitor using a HDMI to VGA adapter?

I use the exact same model of this with my Xbox One to my Dell projector and have no issues. It should work fine on your 360 as well. As long as you have the sound covered (which it sounds like you do), you will be good to go with that adapter.

-

The only issue you may have is with playing DVDs or certain streaming movies that have HDCP - it won't let you play those due to the copyright protection. I am unable to play BluRay disc or watch the Halo series on my Xbox One because of this, and I am sure
    it also applies to the 360. But it will not affect games.
  8. TOXIC2theHEAD Win User

Dell Frustrations

I have used dell for years I have an alienware, my husband has dell laptop and I bought my mother a dell laptop and a dell pc also I bought my daughter-in -law a dell laptop. I have dealt with cs and never had a problem. I will be buying my next tablet from
    dell...guess I'm a Dell fanboy LOL never had a problem. Sorry to hear so many unhappy reports...
Thema:

1. Unable to have sound with xbox360 S + Dell screen - Similar Threads - Unable sound xbox360

2. I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests

in XboX Insiders
    I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests: I’m unable to see any chat requests; I’ve restarted my console, manually logged out and back in, factory reset my console (while keeping installed content), and disconnected the WiFi then...
  3. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  4. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  5. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue: Recently I've been having a lot of issues with being unable to join my family in Minecraft. I am trying to get a Nintendo Switch to join a PC world. They are both on bedrock edition, both have...
  6. Unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to internet: I've had internet issues in the past because of my ISP, but today after disconnecting the Ethernet cable from my series S, I can no longer connect to the internet, already tried both 2.4 & 5 GHz...
  7. unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet: what should i do i already cleared cache system i did check alerts i dont know what to do my xbox 360 cant connect to xbox live 8074ae89-f382-4f8c-9921-5b008a1a835b
  8. Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7: It keeps installation stopped warning . I have gigabit internet speed. In the same time if i install forza 6 it installs without any issue. Forza 6 took only 30-35 minutes to complete install It...
  9. Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?: Hi, ive had this problem on and off for the past month now. I will log into my account however i am unable yo join partied or play online games. I will join a party for a few seconds however i am...
  10. Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller: Purchased a Design Lab Elite Series 2 controller 6 months ago. It has a 1 year warranty. It has developed severe drift. Found a form online to request a controller exchange or something. It asks...