Unable to grant child permission to play game

Discus and support Unable to grant child permission to play game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When my child tries to play a game, the permission box comes up saying I need to grant them permission in order to play the game. I select my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MarkRadaba, Mar 8, 2017.

1. MarkRadaba
    MarkRadaba Guest

When my child tries to play a game, the permission box comes up saying I need to grant them permission in order to play the game. I select my gamertag, and press "A" and my Xbox immediately pops up the same window -- it never asks me for my password in
    order to complete the permission request. Is this a bug or is this feature temporarily disabled?

:)

MarkRadaba, Mar 8, 2017
  2. Granting exceptions to content limits for a child account

I am trying to grant an exception for my child to give permission for him to use Star Wars Battlefront. He has an xbox live account so we don't want to use our adult account for him to lay the game as we don't pay for xbox live on that one. The game was
    bought as a download from EA/Origin. When he tries to play he gets the error message 'unable to access online features'

I have found instructions on how to grant permission online

Grant an Exception to Your Child’s Content Limits on Xbox One

but the option to 'choose who will give permission' screen isn't there so the option to input the passkey and provide permission wont appear, when I Iocate the content on the xbox all that happens is the game launches, any ideas? Thanks

RIHolmes-[xboxvenue], Mar 8, 2017
  3. Unable to Grant Allowance to Child

You guys suck. This is garbage. Ive been waiting for 3 days and thats the best you got?

MightyKidIcarus, Mar 8, 2017
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Hey there SqueakersDad!

Odd that it's not asking for your information. Can you give you console a quick power cycle to see if there's any change for that?

Mister Maka, Mar 9, 2017
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: