Unable to get sky+ hd box to work with xbox one

Discus and support Unable to get sky+ hd box to work with xbox one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have followed the instructions to set up TV via Sky+ hd box. I have the option selected for 50hz as UK tv is 50hz. When going through the setup... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Althulus, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Althulus
    Althulus Guest

I have followed the instructions to set up TV via Sky+ hd box. I have the option selected for 50hz as UK tv is 50hz. When going through the setup process and your waiting to detect the picture which will take 12 seconds it will goto the screen to check hdmi
    connections etc. during the setup process my sky box is detected and turns the box on and off. Funny thing is during the picture detection if I pull the power cord from my sky box and then replug back in it will show the sky start up screen but after a while
    will loose the connection again. I have tried new hdmi cables and know that they work fine.

I am using

Sky+ hd box ( Amstrad DRX 890-R )

Panasonic TX-50AS520b

Also for some reason I can not play any of my film content due a persistent HDCP error!

I bought my xbox a couple of months ago while working away from home and found the use of using the xbox TV dongle ok and was looking forward to having it in the living room at home connected to sky. Peeved now but any help to resolve this will be appreciated.

:)

Althulus, Jun 28, 2015
  2. Gieneq
    Gieneq Guest
    Sky HD + Harmony One remote + One Guide - does this combo work?

I just connected my Sky HD box to Xbox One and wanted to use One Guide instead of sky box tv guide. I'm using Harmony One remote, which works fine with Xbox One TV Tuner (disconnected now). Harmony works fine with xbox and I can open One Guide, but it seems
    no commands are passed to Sky box and I can't change channels or access any of its features. How can I make it work with Sky HD + One Guide? Is a particular type of HDMI cable required? I don't have Kinect. Is IR cable or Kinect necessary for such setup?

I know I can program Harmony to talk directly to Sky box, but I'd like to use features of One Guide for sky.

Thanks

Gieneq, Jun 28, 2015
  3. TV: Freeview HD?

They've said sky and cable boxes with HDMI but what about freeview HD? Will that work with xbox one?

Satans Puppet, Jun 28, 2015
  4. Althulus
    Althulus Guest

I would add that I can get channel listings and that one of my friends said that it showed from his friends list that I was watching tv while he was trying to give me some advice. I have tried new cables, resetting cache and tried setting my sky box to 720p
    output but still no luck obtaining a picture.

Althulus, Jun 28, 2015
  5. Andy :)
    Andy :) Guest
    Hi, it may not be related but can you give more details on the HDCP error when trying to play films. Is this from the xbox to your TV or from some other device ? I am presuming that everything else is displaying fine (games, dashboard etc.) and that if you
    plug your sky box direct into the hdmi port on the TV that your xbox uses everything is ok ?

Andy :), Jul 6, 2015
  6. Althulus
    Althulus Guest
    Sorry I forgot to update this but I took my box to the retailer I bought it from and tested in store with there equipment with the same errors, diagnosed as either software or hardware fault so exchanged for a new one but paid a bit extra for the 1TB version
    and everything worked straight off. Nice having the Matt finish instead of the easy scratch gloss plus the extra storage. Didn't get to use it much though as working away in the IOM for three months.

Althulus, Nov 1, 2018
  7. Andy :) Win User

Hi, it may not be related but can you give more details on the HDCP error when trying to play films. Is this from the xbox to your TV or from some other device ? I am presuming that everything else is displaying fine (games, dashboard etc.) and that if you
    plug your sky box direct into the hdmi port on the TV that your xbox uses everything is ok ?
  8. Althulus Win User

I would add that I can get channel listings and that one of my friends said that it showed from his friends list that I was watching tv while he was trying to give me some advice. I have tried new cables, resetting cache and tried setting my sky box to 720p
    output but still no luck obtaining a picture.
  9. Althulus Win User

Sorry I forgot to update this but I took my box to the retailer I bought it from and tested in store with there equipment with the same errors, diagnosed as either software or hardware fault so exchanged for a new one but paid a bit extra for the 1TB version
    and everything worked straight off. Nice having the Matt finish instead of the easy scratch gloss plus the extra storage. Didn't get to use it much though as working away in the IOM for three months.
  10. Shaggy2000 Win User

HDMI issue and AV receiver

Sounds like a HDCP problem (think that's what its called) my old HD tv had a problem with the original Sky box, the engineer tried everything to get it too work, sound was working but no picture. He then tried a different make of Sky HD box and it worked
    perfectly.
  11. R1CH5TER Win User

TV Through Console

I have a sky hd+ box running through the xbox, and it works great : )
Thema:

1. Unable to get sky+ hd box to work with xbox one - Similar Threads - Unable sky+ box

2. I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests

in XboX Insiders
    I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests: I’m unable to see any chat requests; I’ve restarted my console, manually logged out and back in, factory reset my console (while keeping installed content), and disconnected the WiFi then...
  3. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  4. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  5. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue: Recently I've been having a lot of issues with being unable to join my family in Minecraft. I am trying to get a Nintendo Switch to join a PC world. They are both on bedrock edition, both have...
  6. Unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to internet: I've had internet issues in the past because of my ISP, but today after disconnecting the Ethernet cable from my series S, I can no longer connect to the internet, already tried both 2.4 & 5 GHz...
  7. unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet: what should i do i already cleared cache system i did check alerts i dont know what to do my xbox 360 cant connect to xbox live 8074ae89-f382-4f8c-9921-5b008a1a835b
  8. Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7: It keeps installation stopped warning . I have gigabit internet speed. In the same time if i install forza 6 it installs without any issue. Forza 6 took only 30-35 minutes to complete install It...
  9. Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?: Hi, ive had this problem on and off for the past month now. I will log into my account however i am unable yo join partied or play online games. I will join a party for a few seconds however i am...
  10. Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller: Purchased a Design Lab Elite Series 2 controller 6 months ago. It has a 1 year warranty. It has developed severe drift. Found a form online to request a controller exchange or something. It asks...