Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store

Discus and support Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I bought game pass (not Ultimate) a few weeks ago, and hoped to be able to download Starfield ahead of its release on the 6th Sept (tomorrow).... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Scoson, Sep 5, 2023.

1. Scoson
    Scoson Guest

Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store

Hi.

I bought game pass (not Ultimate) a few weeks ago, and hoped to be able to download Starfield ahead of its release on the 6th Sept (tomorrow). However, there seems to be a bug on my Microsoft account/Xbox account/Game pass account/Windows 11 PC. I have checked with friends and also my daughters PC and they can all download Starfield as they have Game Pass (not the Game Pass Ultimate version).

For me, within the Xbox app on Windows 11, it says Starfield is "not available" and is greyed out for the generic bundle and for the specific Starfield Standard Edition it says "bundle is not available" with a greyed out option. Interestingly, if I search for "starfield" in Microsoft Store, I get no Starfield, just Garfield and a couple of other apps. Yet others such as my daughter see it fine in the Store. Can you assist as I am very keen to play Starfield and will cancel Game Pass if it doesn't work very soon.

I have tried "repairing" both the Store and the Xbox App but it's still an ongoing issue. I've used Xbox app games on this PC and via the Store for many years without issues, and can play other games such as Age of Empires 4 (which is another game I don't own but buying the Game Pass allowed me to play it) perfectly fine. Can you assist please?

:)

Scoson, Sep 5, 2023
  2. Daniel Schell1 Win User

Ah you're a champ! Mine was set to Cabo Verde for whatever reason.
  3. Abay Nurlanov Win User

Thank you so much! Changing the region is really solved the problem! <3
  4. brianKclarke Win User

Thanks for posting your solution! Solved my problem!
  5. Scoson Win User

RESOLVED:

Hello, thanks for your reply. I've discovered that the game is available to download now, before the 6th Sept 2023 but that you would then have to wait until the 6th to actually play it. My issue was that I could not download it nor buy it as it was just a greyed out "bundle not available".

SOLUTION:

Just in case anyone else has a similar issue, I fixed this by changing my "Region" in Windows. Right click on time in lower right -> adjust time and date -> Region at top right. For some odd reason, my Region was set to Vanuatu even though I'm in the UK. I changed it to UK and immediately resolved the issue. I honestly have no clue how region got set like that, I wasn't even aware of region so it must have been some obscure bug in Windows. The YouTube channel that helped me fault-find is below, worked well for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNw_DcZjNQc
  6. Tayfun Cetiner Win User

Sadece buluttan oynamaya izin veriyor aynı sorun bende de var maalesef ☹️
Thema:

1. Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store - Similar Threads - Unable download Starfield

2. Unable to download java.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download java.: I bought Minecraft Java and Bedrock, I can play Bedrock but when I try and play Java it says buy now, when I click, it says already owned and it wont let me download it. Im 100% sure im on the...
  3. I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...: I purchased a digital code for Halo Infinity xbox from Ebay and entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game under my Microsoft account. and my purchase history shows the code has been...
  4. Unable to download account to Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to download account to Xbox 360: [img] Hi! I keep getting the error code 8007274D. I tried all the solutions here:...
  5. Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?: Hi. I had purchased Omori before it was removed from the Xbox store. Despite online searching say that I can still download and play it, I am unable to do so. It feels like robbing since I paid...
  6. Unable to MSFS digital ownership version in order history, can't re-download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to MSFS digital ownership version in order history, can't re-download: I purchased MSFS in DEC of 2022 and installed and played it for several months. I deleted it to clear up space. When I went to go back and install it from XBOX, I couldn't find my purchase. I...
  7. I am unable to download the Xbox app from the microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to download the Xbox app from the microsoft store: As the question states i am unable to install the Xbox app from windows store. its just stuck at 0% and ive download the Xboxinstaller.exe from microsofts/xbox website and still no luck, I've...
  8. I am unable to download my Xbox one world to Bedrock. Who can help; how can I get this to work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to download my Xbox one world to Bedrock. Who can help; how can I get this to work?: I have been trying to transfer this world for years now and to no prevail. I have recently bought an Xbox Series X to try to help me with this issue… it didn’t help. My world will sync to bedrock...
  9. Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...: On PC with updated win11, nvidia drivers, Win Security is green. Xbox app installs game (Starfield) after downloading all 121GB, then it stops "Something unexpected happened" error code...
  10. Unable to download Starfield from Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Starfield from Microsoft Store: I have Game Pass Ultimate and a PC with two drives - a SSD for the OS and a HDD for apps and games. When I tried downloading Starfield the Microsoft Store was set to download new apps to the SSD....