Unable to download free Xbox Live Gold game in minor's account

Discus and support Unable to download free Xbox Live Gold game in minor's account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We have an Xbox One with multiple family members and some parental controls enabled. For the past year, my son (a minor) has had an Xbox Live Gold... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Keith S., Jul 17, 2017.

1. Keith S.
    Keith S. Guest

We have an Xbox One with multiple family members and some parental controls enabled. For the past year, my son (a minor) has had an Xbox Live Gold subscription. Many of the games, however, cannot be downloaded, and we're at our limit of not being able to
    figure out how to make this work.

When we try to download by viewing this month's free games and clicking on "See Price" -- where it's confirmed to be free -- then clicking "Purchase", it says "Sorry, unable to purchase on xbox.com. Please try from your console." But we ARE doing this from
    a console.

At least in the most recent case, the game is an Xbox 360 game, which it says will work on Xbox One. My son does not have a credit card tied to his account, but that shouldn't matter. (If that were a requirement, then it would not be ethical to allow a minor
    to purchase XLG membership or attach it to their account.) I also have an account and valid CC on the box, but when I try to view Gold offerings, it doesn't think I have a Gold membership, and won't let me.

So how can we purchase this game under my son's account and Gold membership? The circular menus and incorrect error messages have me ready to throw this thing out the window.

TIA,

Keith

:)

Keith S., Jul 17, 2017
  2. ClNTRoN
    ClNTRoN Guest
    Xbox Live Confusion?

Xbox Live is free.

You can make a Gold account, or a Silver account.

The Gold account gives you access to access to play online, along with free monthly games and weekly deals. This has a fee.

The Silver account gives you access to Xbox Live and apps, but you just can't play online or get the free games. This is free.

ClNTRoN, Jul 17, 2017
  3. Help

Hello, I am unable to download Army of Two for free using my account. My account is a "child" account which blocks me from downloading the game. Using (with permission) a "parent" account I am still unable to download it; the reason being my parents dont
    have gold. How can I get the game for free on xbox one?

Dark Guardian17, Jul 17, 2017
  4. Reddan1791 Win User

Can't purchase free gold game. Your account is unable to make this type of purchase

There seems to be no solution to this problem if a child account is the one with Xbox Live Gold and you don't have an Xbox 360.

The parent account does not have the ability to get the Xbox Live Gold game for free.

The child account gets the message "Your account is unable to make this type of purchase on Xbox.com".
  5. LightuptheMoon Win User

Season Pass but no Nuketown Zombies

Ok That's all fine and good...but I got the season pass and currently do not have Xbox Live Gold...just free silver...Therefore, I am unable to access the in game store. I bought the season pass and downloaded it...but am now unable to play nuketown zombies.
    Anybody have an answer for this? (besides buying xbox live gold)
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox Live Gold Trial?

Hello Akira,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in utilizing an

Xbox Live Gold free trial
    . The Xbox Live Gold free trial is offered through some games or console bundles. Keep in mind, you can't add an Xbox Live Gold trial if you already have an Xbox Live Gold subscription. If your account is unable to utilize the Xbox
    Live Gold free trial, we suggest purchasing Xbox Live Gold in order to utilize online features or Games With Gold. We hope this helps!
  7. Tormaz Win User

Xbox Live

If you go to https://account.microsoft.com then sign in and go to services and subscriptions, it should show if you have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription. If you don't that would be the reason why you are unable to download any of the
    games with gold games for free.
  8. HassanB Win User

Can't download RP games?

Hi,

You won't be able to download this game regardless of what your console's settings or account settings are. The reason your unable to download this is because your account is under the age of 18 years old and your considered a minor, so you have a child account.
    Child accounts are not able to download M (Mature) or unrated content regardless of the account settings.

You will however be able to play this game if an account on the family pack is 18+ and downloads it, it should be available to play for you. The only other way to play this would be to make a new Xbox LIVE account with the age of 18+ with a new gold membership
    and you should be able to download and access this content.
Thema:

1. Unable to download free Xbox Live Gold game in minor's account - Similar Threads - Unable download free

2. Unable to download java.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download java.: I bought Minecraft Java and Bedrock, I can play Bedrock but when I try and play Java it says buy now, when I click, it says already owned and it wont let me download it. Im 100% sure im on the...
  3. I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...: I purchased a digital code for Halo Infinity xbox from Ebay and entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game under my Microsoft account. and my purchase history shows the code has been...
  4. Unable to download account to Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to download account to Xbox 360: [img] Hi! I keep getting the error code 8007274D. I tried all the solutions here:...
  5. Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?: Hi. I had purchased Omori before it was removed from the Xbox store. Despite online searching say that I can still download and play it, I am unable to do so. It feels like robbing since I paid...
  6. Unable to MSFS digital ownership version in order history, can't re-download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to MSFS digital ownership version in order history, can't re-download: I purchased MSFS in DEC of 2022 and installed and played it for several months. I deleted it to clear up space. When I went to go back and install it from XBOX, I couldn't find my purchase. I...
  7. I am unable to download the Xbox app from the microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to download the Xbox app from the microsoft store: As the question states i am unable to install the Xbox app from windows store. its just stuck at 0% and ive download the Xboxinstaller.exe from microsofts/xbox website and still no luck, I've...
  8. I am unable to download my Xbox one world to Bedrock. Who can help; how can I get this to work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to download my Xbox one world to Bedrock. Who can help; how can I get this to work?: I have been trying to transfer this world for years now and to no prevail. I have recently bought an Xbox Series X to try to help me with this issue… it didn’t help. My world will sync to bedrock...
  9. Why am i unable to download a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am i unable to download a game?: Trying to redownload fortnite at the moment and it says i own the game despite it not being in my games and apps, then says i need to update the game (not optional) and then proceeds to tell me...
  10. Unable to download minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download minecraft: when i try to download minecraft via Microsoft Store on my laptop, i just can't. it won't give an error or anything, it just waits a little and does nothing. the download button goes dark for a...