Unable to download a game off Microsoft store + Xbox app PC Error Code: 0x87E00196

Discus and support Unable to download a game off Microsoft store + Xbox app PC Error Code: 0x87E00196 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When i try to download a game on Microsoft store or xbox app it comes up with as problem, the error code is Code: 0x87E00196 and so far none of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by 5465467642, Oct 23, 2022.

1. 5465467642
    5465467642 Guest

Unable to download a game off Microsoft store + Xbox app PC Error Code: 0x87E00196

When i try to download a game on Microsoft store or xbox app it comes up with as problem, the error code is Code: 0x87E00196 and so far none of the videos related to this topic don't work. I have repaired and updated both of the apps and i bought the game years ago. The game name is age of empires 2 definite edition.

Not sure if this is the right category please tell me if I'm wrong

Thanks!

:)

5465467642, Oct 23, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, can you tell me the name of the game?

And, may I know if you're trying to install this game on a different drive than C:?
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this mate

Is this happening on Windows 11 or 10?
    Please tell me briefly what did you tried so far to fix this problem?
    This is to avoid giving you the same troubleshooting steps or tell you how to proceed
  4. 5465467642 Win User

Yes i am downloading it on F: but it also does not work on C: drive. The game name is Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition.

Thanks
  5. 5465467642 Win User

This is the error code on xbox app same happens on Microsoft and same error code

[​IMG]
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

May i know if you tried reinstalling Gaming Services using powershell command?

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:
    "This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again

-------

If yes, can you try creating a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

If that doesn't work try something a bit different. This is:
    Create a new NTFS partition in your PC. Once created go to Windows settings > system > storage > advance storage options (only W10) > where new content is saved > under apps select this new partition

After that restart the PC, open the Xbox app and try installing the game on this new drive

If maybe you need to know how to create a new partition check this article:
    https://www.diskpart.com/articles/partition-ntf...

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Thema:

1. Unable to download a game off Microsoft store + Xbox app PC Error Code: 0x87E00196 - Similar Threads - Unable download game

2. I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...: I purchased a digital code for Halo Infinity xbox from Ebay and entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game under my Microsoft account. and my purchase history shows the code has been...
  3. Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?: Hi. I had purchased Omori before it was removed from the Xbox store. Despite online searching say that I can still download and play it, I am unable to do so. It feels like robbing since I paid...
  4. Why am i unable to download a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am i unable to download a game?: Trying to redownload fortnite at the moment and it says i own the game despite it not being in my games and apps, then says i need to update the game (not optional) and then proceeds to tell me...
  5. Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...: On PC with updated win11, nvidia drivers, Win Security is green. Xbox app installs game (Starfield) after downloading all 121GB, then it stops "Something unexpected happened" error code...
  6. I am unable to download gaming services and due to that I can not download gaming services...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to download gaming services and due to that I can not download gaming services...: I've restarted and updated my computer and still no gaming services. I just get the "something happened on our end" error message. e9f63f7a-8781-439d-b975-3dba9a8a7320
  7. unable to download any game on xbox pc app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to download any game on xbox pc app: When download starts the speed is around 15-18mb/s for 3-4sec after that it slowly drops to 0 and stays there I tried almost everything I could find online from resetting xbox app to network...
  8. Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store: Hi. I bought game pass (not Ultimate) a few weeks ago, and hoped to be able to download Starfield ahead of its release on the 6th Sept (tomorrow). However, there seems to be a bug on my...
  9. Previous Xbox 360 purchase games from XBox One store unable to download on 360 from store...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Previous Xbox 360 purchase games from XBox One store unable to download on 360 from store...: I have previously purchase Xbox 360 games that I purchased on the Xbox One live store, that I am trying to download on my Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 game store wants me to pay for them even though...
  10. Unable to download Forza Horizon 5 on PC from the Xbox Game App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Forza Horizon 5 on PC from the Xbox Game App: Forza horizon 5 on PC from the Xbox Game app won't install or run as Xbox gaining services needs to be installed. Everythime I try to install the gaming services it gets stuck in pending or...