Unable to convert Offline account to a Gamer Tag

Discus and support Unable to convert Offline account to a Gamer Tag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've tried to follow: http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/offline-profile-to-gamertag 1) Sign in to the profile that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by InitiateRook681, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Unable to convert Offline account to a Gamer Tag

I've tried to follow: http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/offline-profile-to-gamertag

1) Sign in to the profile that you want to convert from an offline profile to a gamertag.

2) Go to Settings and then select Profile.

3) Select Join Xbox Live.

JOIN XBOX LIVE is greyed out.

So I've pressed the XBOX button on the controller and gone to JOIN XBOX LIVE when signed into the profile and followed the instructions.

Right at the end after entering a email address, password, security question, DoB, etc. it says unavailable at this time.

I get sent a confirmation code on my email address, which I click and sign in ok.

The problem is that its a new Gamer Tag with 0 score.

How do I get the offline profile into the gamertag?

I'm also unable to contact Microsoft via the Online Message or Phone because the First and Last names do not populate automatically and you can not type into the fields. Oh the joys of it all!

:)

InitiateRook681, Aug 10, 2016
  2. If you get achievements offline will it update on your Gamertag online?

Due to a problem I don't wanna get into, I am unable to login my main gamer tag on xbox live. I am friends with it on my other account, if I get achievements offline on my main one which I can't use on live anymore, will it show on the gamer tag when I see
    it on my friends list on the other account?

RobertNotmylastname, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Eivinv2
    Eivinv2 Guest
    How to convert offline account to Live account

Is there a way top convert a local xbox 360 account to an xbox live account. I have the local account, I have set up a xbox Live account from the computer. How do I merge the two?

On my xbox 360 I am not able to select ´Profile´from the settings menu (it is ´greyed´out) when I am logged in to the local account that I want to convert. I am only able to import the gamertag created online to the xbox, but this only creates a new account,
    and all my achievements are gone.

Eivinv2, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Hey InitiateRook681,

It sounds like the account you're using already had an Xbox Live account associated to it. Once you have a fresh Microsoft Account made, repeat the steps on that page to convert your offline Xbox 360 profile to an Xbox Live account. What might have happened
    is you may have signed into Xbox.com with that account before following the steps on that page, which would have assigned a gamertag to your account.

To address the chat support issue, please head over to
    Microsoft Commerce
    and ensure that you have your billing details filled in (such as name, address, etc). A credit card is not required to fill out this information. Once you have that info tied to your account you should be able to proceed.

Let us know how it goes!

Mister Beep, Aug 11, 2016
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Hey InitiateRook681,

It sounds like the account you're using already had an Xbox Live account associated to it. Once you have a fresh Microsoft Account made, repeat the steps on that page to convert your offline Xbox 360 profile to an Xbox Live account. What might have happened
    is you may have signed into Xbox.com with that account before following the steps on that page, which would have assigned a gamertag to your account.

To address the chat support issue, please head over to
    Microsoft Commerce
    and ensure that you have your billing details filled in (such as name, address, etc). A credit card is not required to fill out this information. Once you have that info tied to your account you should be able to proceed.

Let us know how it goes!
  6. j22ax Win User

Help! lost game progress after converting Xbox 360 profile to xbox live.

Converted offline tag, different name
  7. Nytwyng Win User

Converting offline account to Live account

So, here we are, 11 days later. Still no contact as promised by the chat agent, still no transcript of the chat by email, still unable to even move the gamer tag to another account and try creating another one. And, most importantly, still no assistance
    in converting an offline child account to a Live child account.

Really, really dissatisfied with the level of service all around. Anyone have any ideas on the next level to contact? This really needs to be escalated, particularly in light of the apparent breakdowns in the support system.
  8. Jayhab4real Win User

Help! lost game progress after converting Xbox 360 profile to xbox live.

Did you convert your offline tag or create a new online tag but with the same name?
  9. XBF Brad A Win User

Playing offline in Xbox 360 Slim

Hi Fid,

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, your profile is an online profile and your save is most likely an online save This is why you are unable to play offline. You can however make an offline profile and then you would be able to play offline. This

guide
    shows you what I mean by your profile being online as it was assigned a gamer tag.

Hope this helps.

Brad
Thema:

1. Unable to convert Offline account to a Gamer Tag - Similar Threads - Unable convert Offline

2. Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi: Hello, I just bought an Xbox Series X and I found out that i am unable to find 5Ghz under wifi. Ive read some forums i need to put Bandwith 40 or above and switching between Network Mode....
  3. Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...: Hey all, having a huge issue with both my Xbox Series X's. When I try to update normally, this occurs every single time no matter what. https://i.imgur.com/rOkodS9.jpeg When I attempt to do the...
  4. Unable to sign in to account for xbox live

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to sign in to account for xbox live: Attempting to log into fortnite, for last 5 days, it says unable to log into your account for xbox live. Try later. Tried everything so far & no luck. Any suggestions?...
  5. I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method

in XBoX on Windows
    I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method: Hello, recently I bought an Xbox Game Pass and used UPI as the payment method. However, to my surprise, on the day of its renewal, my UPI account was automatically deleted, and now I am unable to...
  6. Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network: Logged off the console last night everything was fine. This morning its unable to connect to the network. Tried doing a console reset (power cycle) and then tried a reboot. Now it wont load up as...
  7. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  8. Unable to place order

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to place order: For the past few days I've been trying to order a custom controller through the design lab everytime I check out it keeps saying Unable to place order I made the controller using the favorite...
  9. unable to launch java

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to launch java: i just downloaded minecraft java edition on my laptop (windows 11) and have run into an issue launching the game. when in try to launch the game i am given this message Unable to locate the Java...
  10. unable to reset home xbox - tried the exception and it extended the ban by three months....

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to reset home xbox - tried the exception and it extended the ban by three months....: One child changed home xbox to a friend's (different house). Now younger sibling cannot access all features while older one is using xbox. Used up 5 changes. Tried to do the help thing where you...