Unable to change profile name on Minecraft Java edition

Discus and support Unable to change profile name on Minecraft Java edition in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am writing to request assistance with a username change on my Minecraft Java account. Currently, my username is 'focusngl,' and I would like to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Derdic, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Derdic
    Derdic Guest

I am writing to request assistance with a username change on my Minecraft Java account.

Currently, my username is 'focusngl,' and I would like to change it to '.' However, during the change attempt, I encountered a message indicating that the chosen username might be perceived as offensive.

I would like to bring to your attention that '' is my legal last name, and I use it as my username on various other platforms without issue. Given its legitimacy, I am seeking your kind consideration and request an allowance to use '' as my Minecraft username.

I understand and appreciate the platform's commitment to maintaining a positive and inclusive environment. In this context, I assure you that my intention is not to violate any community guidelines but rather to align my Minecraft identity with my legal name.

I kindly request your assistance in facilitating the approval of my username change to '.'

Your understanding and support in this matter are greatly appreciated.

If any additional information or verification is required to process this request, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you for your time and prompt attention to this matter.

Here are the screenshots:

Screenshot by Lightshot (prnt.sc) (The error message after attempting to change the username)

Screenshot by Lightshot (prnt.sc) (The response from Mojang/Minecraft Support)

:)

Derdic, Nov 25, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Derdic, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I regret to inform you that as an independent consultant, I do not have the ability to make changes or facilitate the approval of usernames in Minecraft Java or any other platform. I have no direct access or influence over the policies or decisions of Mojang Studios, the company responsible for Minecraft.

But I really appreciate the request.

To change your username in Minecraft Java, you must follow the process established by Mojang Studios. Below is an overview of changing your username in Minecraft Java:

Access your Mojang account: Visit the official Mojang website
    https://www.minecraft.net/

Sign in to your account.

Go to account settings: Once you're signed in, look for the account settings section. There should be an option to change your username.

Enter the new username you want to use and check if it is available. If the name is available and does not violate any Mojang policies or directives, you can proceed with the change.

Mojang may require you to follow certain steps or provide additional information to complete the username change. Be sure to read and follow all instructions provided during the process.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  3. [ A J ] Win User

minecraft gamertag

Hi, David! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

Are you referring to your Minecraft: Java Edition in-game username? if you are here's how to change it.

To change your Minecraft username, you'll need to sign in at https://www.minecraft.net/profile then click on "My games" > Minecraft Java Edition > Profile Name. This Minecraft support page explains in good detail how to change your in-game username, as well as the requirements for it:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44...

I hope this helps! please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Changing my username back to my old one

Hello ShaunJO,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that your concern is related to profile name in Minecraft Java that was changed. Let us help you find the most accurate information on how to address your concern and point you to the right support team where you can get the best resolution to your concern.

Minecraft usernames are unique, so if someone else has already claimed the name, you won't be able to use it again. As per the game support article, when you change your Java profile name, your previous name is saved for 37 days. This gives you an additional week to change back if you change your mind before your previous Java profile name becomes available to anyone else. You can find the information here: Minecraft: Java Edition Profile Name VS Gamertag FAQ | Minecraft Help

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

The option to change my Minecraft username won't show. How can I change it?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Thalius

Is this for Java Edition?

Did you tried opening Minecraft profile page on incognito mode?

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/profile

Once there Navigate to My Games and select the Minecraft: Java Edition dropdown box and there you should be able to change your username

If you're not able to see the option to change Java Edition Minecraft username you may need to contact Mojang support for this one

If you're referring to Bedrock edition, changing gamertag do the trick, but sometimes can take up to 72 hours to be reflected the change everywhere
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Minecraft post migration java account stolen due to the migration.

Hello RainbowVOD,

Thanks for the reply, we understand that the process for post migration of Minecraft account is not in favor to you. We just want to clarify the details about the Minecraft username which is now called Minecraft: Java Edition Profile Name is not the same as Gamertag.

You may use the same name however, there maybe a chance that it must be taken. In that case, we would like to provide you the game article about it: Minecraft: Java Edition Profile Name VS Gamertag FAQ | Minecraft Help.

Since the Minecraft: Java Edition Profile Name is in-game concern, anything that you may want to ask regarding this name should be addressed by the Minecraft Support.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Thema:

1. Unable to change profile name on Minecraft Java edition - Similar Threads - Unable change profile

2. My home xbox - Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    My home xbox - Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X and...
  3. home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X and...
  4. Unable to change/edit privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change/edit privacy settings: I have been trying to change my privacy settings as i am attempting to use a client for Minecraft. But the system detects that i am using a child account and redirects me to the page stating that...
  5. unable to change xbox privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to change xbox privacy settings: Starting from https://account.microsoft.com/privacy?fref=home.drawers.privacy.privacy-dashboard&refd=account.microsoft.com on the "Privacy settings in our products" section clicking on the Xbox...
  6. MY HOME XBOX - Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    MY HOME XBOX - Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X...
  7. Unable to purchase gift, attempted to change account!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase gift, attempted to change account!: Reminder: Contact us at Microsoft support We' re having trouble processing your payment and we'd like to get it sorted out. f2979b08-6748-4c2b-bc48-45b8bd74a1e1
  8. Unable to get free Gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to get free Gamertag change: Was told that “I updated my gamer tag” from 15 years ago. 15years that went unused by the way and that was where I used my 1 free gamer tag change. Although my old tag was not mentioned during...
  9. Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.: Hello I’m trying to change my gamertag for the first time, apparently you can do this once for free. When I select my new name and confirm that I am told it’ll cost me £7.99 Not sure why, I’ve...
  10. Unable to change gamertag on website

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change gamertag on website: Hi there, I'm having trouble changing my Gamertag by going to https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag. After I've signed in with OAuth it just shows the background screen and nothing else. (see...