Unable to change nametag

Discus and support Unable to change nametag in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I cant change my gamertag. My current ingame XBOX name is 7208 when I changed it to , it says that I already has that name (You already own that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GrandRiser, Aug 18, 2020.

1. GrandRiser
    GrandRiser Guest

Unable to change nametag

I cant change my gamertag.

My current ingame XBOX name is 7208 when I changed it to , it says that I already has that name (You already own that gamertag, if you’re happy with it you don’t need to make any changes.)

It seems that my yahoo ID got mixed in hotmail ID. My Hotmail XBOX ID previous name was , and I changed it into 2.

Sometimes when I logged into my yahoo account, click the change gamertag, it logs me in into my hotmail account. They got mixed up, that is why im asking for technical assistance from microsoft to check it but there no answer from human agent of the CHAT
    BOT and the twitter.

can someone help? XBOX Support does not seem to respond.

Summary:

I want to change my name from 7208 to but it says i already own the gamertag.

:)

GrandRiser, Aug 18, 2020
  2. gds1972 Win User

Sudden change of nametag

Hi

It sounds like you have probably received and enforcement action and this is the reason your gamertag has been changed. To confirm this please check the
    Xbox Enforcement web site.
  3. Mistress Sara Win User

Unfair Nametag Change

Hi there,

Unfortunately no one in the forums can assist with changing a gamertag for free. You could join Microsoft rewards (formerly known as Bing rewards) if it's in your area (https://rewards.bing.com) and work to earn one of the Xbox currency rewards so you can
    change it.

Otherwise you'll have to stick with the tag that was issued from the forced name change. If you don't know why your name was changed, you can check here for more info: https://enforcement.xbox.com/home/howto#sub-topic0-2
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Change my NameTAG

Hi GOLOSOVOY,

Thanks for keeping us updated with your replies. As stated previously by our Ambassadors, you may

change your Gamertag
    at any time; however, if this is not your first change, then you would need to pay for the change. Based on the error message you're getting when you attempt to claim your preferred Gamertag, it seems that that Gamertag has already
    been claimed, so you would need to choose something different, or make a variation of the preferred name. In this case, if you only wish to make all the letters capitalized, then since it is of the same spelling, that Gamertag is already in use by yourself.

As all possible answers have been provided and to prevent repetitive answers as well, we'll be locking this thread at this time.
    If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to come back to the Xbox forums.

Thank you and have a great day!
  5. Tomesso Win User

Change my NameTAG

6. GOLOSOVOY Win User

Change my NameTAG

Realy? It's a bad news..

No another way?..
Thema:

Unable to change nametag

1. Unable to change nametag - Similar Threads - Unable change nametag

2. My home xbox - Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    My home xbox - Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X and...
  3. home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X and...
  4. Unable to change/edit privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change/edit privacy settings: I have been trying to change my privacy settings as i am attempting to use a client for Minecraft. But the system detects that i am using a child account and redirects me to the page stating that...
  5. Unable to change profile name on Minecraft Java edition

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change profile name on Minecraft Java edition: I am writing to request assistance with a username change on my Minecraft Java account. Currently, my username is 'focusngl,' and I would like to change it to '.' However, during the change...
  6. unable to change xbox privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to change xbox privacy settings: Starting from https://account.microsoft.com/privacy?fref=home.drawers.privacy.privacy-dashboard&refd=account.microsoft.com on the "Privacy settings in our products" section clicking on the Xbox...
  7. MY HOME XBOX - Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    MY HOME XBOX - Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X...
  8. Unable to purchase gift, attempted to change account!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase gift, attempted to change account!: Reminder: Contact us at Microsoft support We' re having trouble processing your payment and we'd like to get it sorted out. f2979b08-6748-4c2b-bc48-45b8bd74a1e1
  9. Unable to get free Gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to get free Gamertag change: Was told that “I updated my gamer tag” from 15 years ago. 15years that went unused by the way and that was where I used my 1 free gamer tag change. Although my old tag was not mentioned during...
  10. Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.: Hello I’m trying to change my gamertag for the first time, apparently you can do this once for free. When I select my new name and confirm that I am told it’ll cost me £7.99 Not sure why, I’ve...