Unable to change gamertag on pc/mobile - HTTP error 400

Discus and support Unable to change gamertag on pc/mobile - HTTP error 400 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello there, I must first state that I do not own an Xbox but I use Xbox Game Pass for PC. I've been trying to change my gamertag through there and it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Satyrical364, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Satyrical364
    Satyrical364 Guest

Hello there,

I must first state that I do not own an Xbox but I use Xbox Game Pass for PC. I've been trying to change my gamertag through there and it takes me to sisu.xboxlive.com and I get an HTTP 400 error every time.

I looked at an old thread on here and tried clearing cookies as that worked for someone before, but it doesn't work for me. I tried Edge, Firefox, Chrome, no luck. I downloaded the mobile app on my Android phone and got the same error when attempting web
    login.

Just called support and the dude hung up on me when it became clear he had no solution. Can't use the web chat support because you have to be logged into Xbox for that (and I get error 400 trying to reach the login page).

So that brings me here.... Hope I can get some help.

Thanks,

:)

Satyrical364, Jan 2, 2021
  2. slackadelic Win User

Http Error 400 XBL brad A

You mention a suspension, and you say the site gives HTTP ERROR 400. Are you trying to access
    https://enforcement.xbox.com

Keep in mind if your account has a suspension on it from the Enforcement Team, no one in the forums nor support will be able intervene or give you any information on it.
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Http Error 400 XBL brad A

Hi Pro Santa 23,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this situation. As the Ambassadors have previously stated, you must go to through the
    Enforcement websiteto resolve this.
    If your suspension is longer than a day then you may request a case review. If you're getting an error in contacting Enforcement, then please try the site from different device.
    Side note: Enforcement does not Post, Read, or Comment on Forums nor can support offer assistance.

If you run into a toxic player then Report, Block and Ignore the user, and do not engage them. (Enforcement does not see anyone as Defending themselves, they look towards the
    Code of Conductonly.)We do have upcoming changes for your privacy settings in the works
    that will allow you to further avoid toxic messages that you may potentially receive from other players and you can read about it in this article from Xbox Wire:
    Putting You in Control of Your Gaming Experience.

Since there is no further resolution and in an effort to minimize repetitive responses we will be locking this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns feel free to come back to the Xbox forum
    (Do not repost the same question or thread as that would violate the
    Xbox Forum Guidelines).

Happy gaming.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Can't make any changes to my Xbox Profile.

Hello Chris Texeira,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We understand that you are trying to change your gamer tag and is unable to because of the try again later error message. Based on your description, you have tried to use the devices and browsers to ensure you can change your gamer tag.

May we know if your account's country/region and devices match your current location?

How about using mobile data or hotspot? Were you able to change your gamertag?

Please post a screenshot of the error message and conceal any personal information.

Guide: How to change your Xbox gamertag | Xbox Support

We look forward for your update.

Regards,

5. XBF Leo G Win User

Erro

Hello André,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We need a little more information to make sure we provide the correct solution. Are you attempting to change your gamertag on an Xbox One, Xbox 360, Windows 10 computer or a mobile device? Does an error message
    or error code appear when the issue occurs? We recommend attempting to
    change your gamertag through the Xbox website.
    Does an error occur when you try to change your gamertag through the website? Be sure to let us know the results
    André!
  6. GreXIII Win User

Error on gamertag ? (Halo MCC)

Have the same prob.

I created for MCC an account; created the gamertag as shown here "" it said that the gamertag is available - but after that, I got a different one.

Since then, I'm unable to change the gamertag on the homepage.

If I try to change the gamertag on the XBox Live homepage - there occurs an error and I'm unable to change it.

It says, that I should try it later - i try it now since 3 days.
Thema:

1. Unable to change gamertag on pc/mobile - HTTP error 400 - Similar Threads - Unable change gamertag

2. My home xbox - Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    My home xbox - Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X and...
  3. home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X and...
  4. Unable to change/edit privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change/edit privacy settings: I have been trying to change my privacy settings as i am attempting to use a client for Minecraft. But the system detects that i am using a child account and redirects me to the page stating that...
  5. Unable to change profile name on Minecraft Java edition

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change profile name on Minecraft Java edition: I am writing to request assistance with a username change on my Minecraft Java account. Currently, my username is 'focusngl,' and I would like to change it to '.' However, during the change...
  6. unable to change xbox privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to change xbox privacy settings: Starting from https://account.microsoft.com/privacy?fref=home.drawers.privacy.privacy-dashboard&refd=account.microsoft.com on the "Privacy settings in our products" section clicking on the Xbox...
  7. MY HOME XBOX - Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    MY HOME XBOX - Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X...
  8. Unable to get free Gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to get free Gamertag change: Was told that “I updated my gamer tag” from 15 years ago. 15years that went unused by the way and that was where I used my 1 free gamer tag change. Although my old tag was not mentioned during...
  9. Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.: Hello I’m trying to change my gamertag for the first time, apparently you can do this once for free. When I select my new name and confirm that I am told it’ll cost me £7.99 Not sure why, I’ve...
  10. Unable to change gamertag on website

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change gamertag on website: Hi there, I'm having trouble changing my Gamertag by going to https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag. After I've signed in with OAuth it just shows the background screen and nothing else. (see...