Unable to change channels using comcast explorer 4250hdc cable box

Discus and support Unable to change channels using comcast explorer 4250hdc cable box in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; can watch tv ok xboxone can control volume of tv csnnot change channels or power on off csBle box tried various entries for provider model and even... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CLEARIFYUSA, Aug 8, 2014.

1. CLEARIFYUSA
    CLEARIFYUSA Guest

can watch tv ok

xboxone can control volume of tv

csnnot change channels or power on off csBle box

tried various entries for provider model and even code. Note that it never asks to choose from a list that include the exact model . Closest I ever saw was explorer 4250HD

:)

CLEARIFYUSA, Aug 8, 2014
  2. LADY HEXXX
    LADY HEXXX Guest
    We couldnt find any brands that match

I have brighthouse networks cable box, explorer 4250HDC, when doing the set up guide it will recognize my sony tv, it will send commands, but when prompted that it recognized my brand of cable box its the wrong one, i manually input it and it gives error
    We couldnt find any brands that match. The guide shows up and im able to watch the initial channel the cable box is on, but when i select a channel through the guide it wont change the channel, its not inputting the channel. Also using the kinect to say "watch"
    doesnt work either. Also when i try and select a channel it will restart the xbox one guide set up screen all over again. i have tried 2 different cable boxes and experienced the same problem.

Is there any way to have the xbox one recognize the model of cable box i have? or any other fixes

LADY HEXXX, Aug 8, 2014
  3. Using xbox one to watch tv without kinnect

I have an comcast xfinity cable box with the xr2. I am having trouble setting up the "cable or satellite" box section under device control. I would like to be able to change channels with the controller or using smart glass but it's extremely confusing.

HCG-397F61AB-5FB0-4BBB-8299-7FA2215D9316, Aug 8, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: