Unable to cast from Windows 11 PC to Xbox via wireless display

Discus and support Unable to cast from Windows 11 PC to Xbox via wireless display in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whenever I attempt to start casting, my monitor goes black and Wireless Display starts spinning as if it's connecting, finally nothing will happen.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PkmnLovar, Jun 13, 2023.

1. PkmnLovar
    PkmnLovar Guest

Whenever I attempt to start casting, my monitor goes black and Wireless Display starts spinning as if it's connecting, finally nothing will happen.

I've tried putting both on 2.4Ghz band and 4Ghz band with no meaningful results. Casting my PC to anything else works fine and casting to my Xbox from anything else including those same devices works just fine. Everything is fully up to date.

This used to work seamlessly and I have no clue when the problem could've officially started.

:)

PkmnLovar, Jun 13, 2023
  2. PkmnLovar Win User

I've followed these steps and after all of them there's no resolution. The wireless display app recognizes my computer connecting to it but only temporarily. My computer fully recognizes displaying to it until both simultaneously disconnect still.
  3. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with wireless display problem.

Please reinstall the app and see if that can help.

Also, try doing a reset on your Xbox to see if this can help.

Let's refresh the console's system cache.

NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console info

5. Select Reset console.

6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will also help sync the data on your console properly.

If that does not help, you may also try doing a reset on your PC.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec...

Use "reset PC" guide.
  4. Mister Beep Win User

Xbox "cast to device" from PC Windows 10 no longer works.

Hey everyone,

Just to clarify, are you posting in regards to playing files from your PC and streaming them to your Xbox One console over DLNA, or are you posting in regards to casting your Windows 10 display over to your Xbox One console via the Wireless Display app?

Casting from Windows 10 to Xbox One is a feature made available to our Xbox Insiders through the Wireless Display app, which has not been made available to everyone quite yet. If you're a member of the

Xbox Insider program
    , be sure to post in our Xbox Insider forums for further assistance with that specific feature.

Keep us posted!
  5. h89kat+ Win User

Windows 11 can't cast to Xbox Series X

Ok, but isn't my laptop using miracast services to cast to other devices? It should be possible to do it between my laptop and console, and there are various examples demonstrating this (although from what I've found it's casting windows 10 to an xbox one)

On the Microsoft Store for the Wireless Display App, it says "Microsoft's Wireless Display app lets you wirelessly project your Windows or Android based devices to your Xbox One".
  6. TheRazorEnigma Win User

Installing apps

Hello, this is not possible currently, however if you want to play your PC games on your Xbox you can use the Wireless Display app on Xbox to stream your PC games on Xbox.

I hope this helps,
    I just want to clarify how to use the app.

"Once the app is open on your Xbox One, press Windows key + P to bring up the
    “Project” menu on your PC. Click the “Connect to a wireless display” link. Your Xbox One should appear as one of the options. Click on it, and your screen will cast to the display your Xbox One is connected to." -BGR

I hope this helps with your issue.
Thema:

1. Unable to cast from Windows 11 PC to Xbox via wireless display - Similar Threads - Unable cast Windows

2. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  3. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  4. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue: Recently I've been having a lot of issues with being unable to join my family in Minecraft. I am trying to get a Nintendo Switch to join a PC world. They are both on bedrock edition, both have...
  5. Unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to internet: I've had internet issues in the past because of my ISP, but today after disconnecting the Ethernet cable from my series S, I can no longer connect to the internet, already tried both 2.4 & 5 GHz...
  6. unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet: what should i do i already cleared cache system i did check alerts i dont know what to do my xbox 360 cant connect to xbox live 8074ae89-f382-4f8c-9921-5b008a1a835b
  7. Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7: It keeps installation stopped warning . I have gigabit internet speed. In the same time if i install forza 6 it installs without any issue. Forza 6 took only 30-35 minutes to complete install It...
  8. Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?: Hi, ive had this problem on and off for the past month now. I will log into my account however i am unable yo join partied or play online games. I will join a party for a few seconds however i am...
  9. Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller: Purchased a Design Lab Elite Series 2 controller 6 months ago. It has a 1 year warranty. It has developed severe drift. Found a form online to request a controller exchange or something. It asks...
  10. May 11th update broke capture feature once again, unable to record anything since April...

in XBoX on Windows
    May 11th update broke capture feature once again, unable to record anything since April...: So my problem starts on April 13th, with the console update breaking the capture feature. I reported this here with no succes, the problem was exactly the same as many other report such as this...