Unable to buy Peter Jackon's King Kong (Backwards Compat) for Xbox One? Why?

Discus and support Unable to buy Peter Jackon's King Kong (Backwards Compat) for Xbox One? Why? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everybody, I've recently been trying to buy King Kong (Backwards Compatible) off the Xbox store but for a while now, all it has been saying is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LadzofInsurrect, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Unable to buy Peter Jackon's King Kong (Backwards Compat) for Xbox One? Why?

Hi everybody,

I've recently been trying to buy King Kong (Backwards Compatible) off the Xbox store but for a while now, all it has been saying is 'King Kong is currently not available.'

So now I really don't know what the problem is and I thought it would be something that Microsoft might sort out, but this problem is still occurring. I really want to play this game but unfortunately this issue is getting in the
    way. I was wondering if anyone can help me out with this?

Kind regards

:)

LadzofInsurrect, Jul 26, 2019
  2. LadzofInsurrect Win User

Okay that makes sense, thanks for the assist guys.
  3. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

You'd have to buy it on disc. The game was most likely delisted because of licensing issues with the company that owns the rights to it. There are a lot of games that became backwards compatible and then got delisted for one reason or another. Because the
    game was once purchasable means it has to stay on the store because people may already own it, like a placeholder kind of. Someone would have to successfully lobby the studio/publisher/company that owns the right to King Kong in order to have it relisted,
    which is highly unlikely.

This is strange to mention but its actually strange I encountered this post because I literally just borrowed the disc for that game from my girlfriend.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Unfortunately the game was delisted a while ago so it's no longer available for purchase digitally. You would have to purchase it on disc in order to be able to play it.
  5. HollywoodBull Win User

Hey my friend,

as my fellow ambassadors mentioned. This game is only purchasable as physical as it got delisted for digital purchase
  6. AyeeJamesy Win User

new backwards compatible games suggestions

Xbox One backwards compatibility list: Every Xbox 360 game currently playable on Xbox One

• Asura's Wrath.
    • Battlefield 2: Modern Combat.
    • Enchanted Arms.
    • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.
    • Far Cry Classic.
    • Far Cry Instincts Predator.
    • Infinite Undiscovery.
    • Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie.
Thema:

1. Unable to buy Peter Jackon's King Kong (Backwards Compat) for Xbox One? Why? - Similar Threads - Unable buy Peter

2. I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests

in XboX Insiders
    I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests: I’m unable to see any chat requests; I’ve restarted my console, manually logged out and back in, factory reset my console (while keeping installed content), and disconnected the WiFi then...
  3. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  4. I am unable to buy realms due to family manager

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to buy realms due to family manager: when ever I try to press the button to start the free trial It doesn't allow me, it pops up with the message: "You aren't able to buy this item: your family manager won't be able to complete this...
  5. Unable to buy Minecraft for PC in Australia

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to buy Minecraft for PC in Australia: Every time I try to buy Minecraft on the official site it comes up with an error saying the payment could not be processed. I've tried 4 different browsers, 2 different devices as well as both...
  6. AM UNABLE TO BUY ANYTHING

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AM UNABLE TO BUY ANYTHING: I have an active account and my debit card is working and is up to date, my account is not suspended but still, i can’t make purchases on microsoft 6d3ab0d2-bf5f-4a33-92ef-beef091f0329
  7. i am unable to buy the division 2 as a digital gift

in XBoX on Consoles
    i am unable to buy the division 2 as a digital gift: i am unable to buy the division 2 as a gift actually its any game as a gift i can buy them for myself but not as a gift why? also has chatting with a real person been stopped by xbox support? as...
  8. AM UNABLE TO BUY OR GIFT ANYTHING IN MICROSOFT

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AM UNABLE TO BUY OR GIFT ANYTHING IN MICROSOFT: Am unable to buy anything from microsoft, i have tried every method i have seen re-adding and removing my debit card and doing it again and its not working….i have been trying to contact customer...
  9. Unable to buy fifa 14 digitally

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to buy fifa 14 digitally: Im trying to buy fifa 14 on the xbox store as i have a series s. Ive looked online for a code to buy but with no luck. Im in the uk. Is it possible to get around this issue...
  10. Unable to buy stuff in MSFS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to buy stuff in MSFS: Hi. I tried to buy a new aircraft in microsoft flightsimulator, but the game only wants to add a new payment method. I can't use my card added to my microsoft account. The game seems to think...