Unable to add friend to friends list on Xbox website or on console; Friend stuck in pending

Discus and support Unable to add friend to friends list on Xbox website or on console; Friend stuck in pending in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since June, I have been trying to add a friend to my Xbox friends list. He receives the invite and accepts the invite. I then appear on his list of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KentNelson84, Oct 1, 2014.

1. KentNelson84
    KentNelson84 Guest

Unable to add friend to friends list on Xbox website or on console; Friend stuck in pending

Since June, I have been trying to add a friend to my Xbox friends list. He receives the invite and accepts the invite. I then appear on his list of friends but he does not appear on mine. He is still stuck in pending on my console. This is even so on my
    account on Xbox Live website. He still appears as pending. I have contacted Xbox live chat support four times now and still no luck.

Things that I have been asked to try by support staff:

We have already tried a full power down of the console with all cables unplugged.

Deleted profile on my Xbox and reloaded it.

Made sure privacy settings on both consoles were set correctly.

Checked network connectivity (No interruption of service when online at all)

My friends have not had any connectivity issues either.

I really am not sure what else there can be done since it does not seem to be an issue on my end since I have been able to add more friends after I first started to add the friend I first started talking about.
    This one friend that will not add even though I am appearing just fine to him on his end.
    We are even able to send messages through the console. All that I see of him on the console or website account page is that he is still "pending" even though he has approved the request.

After all the troubleshooting on my end, I keep being told by Live support that this was a server issue to get me off of the chat window. Well it has been a "server issue" since June and I have not seen any progress. Any help you can give would be much appreciated
    to fix this issue. Thank you.

:)

KentNelson84, Oct 1, 2014
  2. Dope Ri0t
    Dope Ri0t Guest
    Xbox 360 friends on Xbox One

My friend for some reason can add me one his friends list on Xbox one but on my Xbox 360 it says that his friend request is pending. And i don't know how to fix it. Would it help to add him on the website rather than on the console just PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Dope Ri0t, Oct 1, 2014
  3. II Ultraz II
    II Ultraz II Guest
    Unable to add or remove friends.

Im having the same issue where it shows i can add friends via the smartglass app and on the website but they dont appear on the pending list on both the smartglass app or on the 360 friends list. Please fix this.

II Ultraz II, Oct 1, 2014
  4. Unable to add friend to friends list on Xbox website or on console; Friend stuck in pending

Hello ElGringo7,

That does seem odd, especially since you have done most the ways for troubleshooting the problem. There have been a few service alerts about viewing Friends on Xbox. However, they have been resolved. Since it does show on Xbox.com that your friends are still
    set to pending even though they have accepted them and on the console.

Have you tried using Smatglass to see if they are added to your friends list? Please try deleting the request and having him delete you and re-add you for you to accept to see if that works. Also, try having him do the same troubleshooting steps you have
    mentioned. Once you have done that try clearing the system cache.

I would recommend contacting phone support about having them send the issue to the Advocacy Team to see if they can further investigate your account.

Phone Support number: 1 (800) 469-9269

Alliance United, Oct 2, 2014
  5. KentNelson84
    KentNelson84 Guest
    I totally agree with you regarding this issue. I have done what you suggested by clearing the cache and that did not work either. I do not have SmartGlass to be able to add friends. I have also had my friend do a lot of the same troubleshooting steps that
    have been presented to me regarding this issue. I suppose it would be best to get in touch with the Advocacy team to see what they can do as well. If there are any other folks out there with any other suggestions, please let me know!

KentNelson84, Oct 3, 2014
  6. KentNelson84
    KentNelson84 Guest
    I tried to call the Phone Support number listed and was able to get through the prompts but when I was put into the "waiting for next agent" status, the line went completely silent. No hold music or anything. I sat on hold for 45 minutes not hearing anything.
    Is this normal?

KentNelson84, Oct 3, 2014
  7. Don't worry, there should have been something in the background or a option for a call back. Try again or chat with a agent here:
    support.xbox.com/.../contact-us They should be able to create a case for you Unable to add friend to friends list on Xbox website or on console; Friend stuck in pending :)

Alliance United, Oct 3, 2014
  8. NFFN Legacy
    NFFN Legacy Guest

I get this to man I also get all my friends Saying Offline, Offline, Offline etc no hours saying or nothing and I can't add my mate at all which is ImAZombieRawrrr

NFFN Legacy, Oct 31, 2018
  9. Alliance United Win User

Don't worry, there should have been something in the background or a option for a call back. Try again or chat with a agent here:
    support.xbox.com/.../contact-us They should be able to create a case for you :)
  10. Alliance United Win User

Hello ElGringo7,

That does seem odd, especially since you have done most the ways for troubleshooting the problem. There have been a few service alerts about viewing Friends on Xbox. However, they have been resolved. Since it does show on Xbox.com that your friends are still
    set to pending even though they have accepted them and on the console.

Have you tried using Smatglass to see if they are added to your friends list? Please try deleting the request and having him delete you and re-add you for you to accept to see if that works. Also, try having him do the same troubleshooting steps you have
    mentioned. Once you have done that try clearing the system cache.

I would recommend contacting phone support about having them send the issue to the Advocacy Team to see if they can further investigate your account.

Phone Support number: 1 (800) 469-9269
  11. KentNelson84 Win User

I tried to call the Phone Support number listed and was able to get through the prompts but when I was put into the "waiting for next agent" status, the line went completely silent. No hold music or anything. I sat on hold for 45 minutes not hearing anything.
    Is this normal?
  12. NFFN Legacy Win User

I get this to man I also get all my friends Saying Offline, Offline, Offline etc no hours saying or nothing and I can't add my mate at all which is ImAZombieRawrrr
  13. KentNelson84 Win User

I totally agree with you regarding this issue. I have done what you suggested by clearing the cache and that did not work either. I do not have SmartGlass to be able to add friends. I have also had my friend do a lot of the same troubleshooting steps that
    have been presented to me regarding this issue. I suppose it would be best to get in touch with the Advocacy team to see what they can do as well. If there are any other folks out there with any other suggestions, please let me know!
Thema:

1. Unable to add friend to friends list on Xbox website or on console; Friend stuck in pending - Similar Threads - Unable add friend

2. Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...: My son is playing Mine Craft on his PC. He's attempting to add friends, but it's saying 'the parent needs to go to Family Safety to enable him to add friends.' I've gone to Microsoft's Family...
  3. I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method

in XBoX on Windows
    I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method: Hello, recently I bought an Xbox Game Pass and used UPI as the payment method. However, to my surprise, on the day of its renewal, my UPI account was automatically deleted, and now I am unable to...
  4. Unable to add xbox friend as EA friend in FC24

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to add xbox friend as EA friend in FC24: I’ve got 2 XBOX series X for my 2 sons both with Xbox Series X/S version of FC24 installed. They are in same room and both connected online. Both are using family accounts on Xbox and both have...
  5. Unable to add new account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add new account: Hi there. Will appreciate any help. Trying to create a new account on a new xbox series x. After clicking “add new” a white spinning wheel appears and after some time takes back to the home...
  6. I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy...: I am unable to add any friends at all on xbox x, pc, or cell phone app. I can't message or join parties either despite the proper settings. 4eebcb82-bf07-4041-ac93-0d2ad44f1391
  7. i am unable to add my card on my new account although its working on my old account it say...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i am unable to add my card on my new account although its working on my old account it say...: i am unable to add my card on my new account although its working on my old account it say check the info it doesn't match this card but i have been trying since 2 hours...
  8. 0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing: so i have an account with MSFT. xbox and whatnot. my ability to add new friends i meet is not happening. this is the behavior: • add them via xbox console: they appear for ~30 minutes, then...
  9. Unable to add back my kid’s account to Family safety account t

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add back my kid’s account to Family safety account t: Dear support team, I am facing two issues currently: Firstly, I cannot add my kid’s account back to the Family Safety Account and the system showed me to ask the support team for help. The...
  10. Unable to add steam friends?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to add steam friends?: How do I add Xbox friends so I can cross play games like civ and remnant? My Xbox friend says he is unable to find my steam name to add me even though he linked his steam account to his Xbox. Do I...