UHD 4K movies in Film and TV App

Discus and support UHD 4K movies in Film and TV App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All I know you can buy Black Panthan in the UK in a UHD format in the Film and TV app, but will the UK be getting more 4k films and when will it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SteveCassidy, Jul 10, 2018.

1. SteveCassidy
    SteveCassidy Guest

Hi All

I know you can buy Black Panthan in the UK in a UHD format in the Film and TV app, but will the UK be getting more 4k films and when will it be?

Cheers

Cass

:)

SteveCassidy, Jul 10, 2018
  2. WARRIOR I M
    WARRIOR I M Guest
    Xbox One S is less advanced for netflix than my 2014 UHD tv

There is a massive problem with this xbox....again. I have 30mbps- and even when i had 20mbps my netflix app downloaded directly on my LG UHD tv showed & played all 4K material. I now have 30mbps. My netflix app on my tv still plays all the 4K uhd material
    but this supposed advanced xbox only plays and lists 1080p- no 4K content listed. I called support and they said u need a min of 30mbps-so im sure my download speed fluctuates but why my 2 year old 4K tv can stream all the uhd stuff and my xbox one S cannot
    is beyond my reasoning. Also, why the heck cant i download any recent movies that are out on uhd blu ray in the form of rentals. Vudu even offers 4K purxhases....but prob not on this xbox app. I think i may trade this disaster in for a PS5/neo if it has
    downloadable rentals of new 4K movies......and if i only need 20mbps, like my tv does to stream 4K. Advanced Xbox.......sure.....

also, for some of you, make sure your streaming plan includes uhd because netflix started to charge an extra amount fir 4K access.

WARRIOR I M, Jul 10, 2018
  3. schibidi
    schibidi Guest
    Netflix App on Xbox One S does not offer Ultra HD option

Despite a proper subscription on Netflix for UHD/4K, a supported 4k-TV and a Receiver that supports HDPC 2.2, I am not able to play 4k movies from the xbox's Netflix app; hence the option at the movies is not even available (only HD).

I've tested network, playing Netflix 4k movies directly using the SmartTv (works fine)... Xbox One S is updated and Netflix App was uninstalled and installed again.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

schibidi, Jul 10, 2018
  4. UHD 4K movies in Film and TV App

I'd recommend keeping an eye on news.xbox.com or majornelson.com for when they make more announcements.

PalmettoBling, Jul 10, 2018
  5. RomkaZzz
    RomkaZzz Guest
    Hello! Why you didn't try some film rent apps like HULU or Netflix that support 4K?

RomkaZzz, Jul 10, 2018
  6. Paul1708
    Paul1708 Guest
    I think the problem is that Sky buy alot of the rights for 4k Movies hence why there isnt really a 4k streaming service yet in the uk. I expect there will be some kind of time frame that it can then go too others. Netfilex in the Uk doesnt have those latest
    films in 4k and Hulu isnt avaible in the UK.

Paul1708, Jul 10, 2018
  7. Aventhyz
    Aventhyz Guest
    Use Netflix or Hulu for watching movies with 4K resolution

Aventhyz, Nov 2, 2018
  8. Aventhyz Win User

Use Netflix or Hulu for watching movies with 4K resolution
  9. RomkaZzz Win User

Hello! Why you didn't try some film rent apps like HULU or Netflix that support 4K?
  10. Paul1708 Win User

I think the problem is that Sky buy alot of the rights for 4k Movies hence why there isnt really a 4k streaming service yet in the uk. I expect there will be some kind of time frame that it can then go too others. Netfilex in the Uk doesnt have those latest
    films in 4k and Hulu isnt avaible in the UK.
  11. PalmettoBling Win User

I'd recommend keeping an eye on news.xbox.com or majornelson.com for when they make more announcements.
  12. Drogoenite Win User

Blu-ray app isn't working properly. No video, but sound and interface is present

Edit: I'm not sure if it is related but who creates/updates the Blu-ray App? I just noticed whenever I insert a 4K UHD Blu-ray movie and open the app, the resolution on my TV becomes 1080p (1920x1080). And when I insert the standard disc of the same movie,
    the resolution of my TV stays at 4K (3840x2160). I tried this with Mad Max: Fury Road, Batman vs. Superman, and Deadpool. Is there a way to force the Blu-ray App to stay in 4K (3840x2160) resolution.
Thema:

1. UHD 4K movies in Film and TV App - Similar Threads - UHD movies Film

2. Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...: My Xbox played 4K-BR seamlessly before April 2024, but as of May 2024, my Xbox Series X has stopped reading all 4K UHD Blu-ray discs (BD50, BD66, BD100) - whilst all other formats (DVD, Blu-ray...
  3. Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code...: Under 'General TV & display options' - 4K TV details are all ticked green. I have used the original XBox supplied HDMI cable AND and alternate (brand new - just for this issue) high speed HDMI...
  4. Bush 50 inch smart 4k uhd qled Xbox one X help

in XBoX on Windows
    Bush 50 inch smart 4k uhd qled Xbox one X help: Today I bought my son a Bush 50 inch smart 4k uhd qled. But trying to play the Xbox one X on it the screen has like a weird blurry line going through it when moving up and down on the home screen...
  5. How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has...: Allow box has been ticked in settings and tv is capable but playback is only in HDR , fidelity is also in 30bit 46cab499-b1d8-449d-98ea-b0b349abd034
  6. Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update, when is it's a 4k UHD TV

in XBoX on Windows
    Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update, when is it's a 4k UHD TV: Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update the box in settings now says my tv no longer supports. Hdr10 when is its a 4k uhd tv 78a7612c-ef3b-42bd-9b45-bd3f8c816bb4
  7. Are we any closer to solving the UHD bluray issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are we any closer to solving the UHD bluray issue?: It is now Aug 2023, and no one still has any answers or reasons why certain UHD discs wont work on Xbox Series X. I have John Wick 4 and it will not play. I called tech support, and the gist of...
  8. Gaming Settings On Monitor And 4K UHD Smart TV

in XboX Insiders
    Gaming Settings On Monitor And 4K UHD Smart TV: I have a Gaming monitor and a 75” 4K UHD Smart TV that supports HDR and FPS when going to Manage Compatibility options for games it will say HDR is not supported by your tv and FPS is not...
  9. Minecraft refuses to use 3060Ti despite changing graphics settings and stays on Intel UHD...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft refuses to use 3060Ti despite changing graphics settings and stays on Intel UHD...: If this is the wrong place please do tell me. So I have read about changing the preferred GPU within the graphics settings on windows 11 and I have done so, for not only the javaw but also all...
  10. Dolby Vision for 4K UHD Blu-ray and why not...

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Vision for 4K UHD Blu-ray and why not...: There are some people's that doesn't understand this is a gaming console not a "Blu-ray" player. 1. Xbox doesn't need a license to play Dolby Atmos content from 4K UHD Blu-ray, that's already...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. netfilex app download tv