Two Xbox’s one has all of our games to play an other only has them installed can’t be played

Discus and support Two Xbox’s one has all of our games to play an other only has them installed can’t be played in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Two Xbox’s the Xbox series x has all my games and DLC on it. Well my Xbox one can see everything installed but can’t play any games or DLC. For example... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Josie Olver, Dec 17, 2023.

1. Josie Olver
    Josie Olver Guest

Two Xbox’s one has all of our games to play an other only has them installed can’t be played

Two Xbox’s the Xbox series x has all my games and DLC on it. Well my Xbox one can see everything installed but can’t play any games or DLC. For example I have a sims 4 disc so I put that in to play all of my packs but I can see that 3/4 are installed but don’t show up as owned. Can you please help me get these linked so I can play the sims 4 with my packs?

:)

Josie Olver, Dec 17, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Josie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

For this issue, you can try set your console settings to allow automatic downloads. To check your download settings:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then go to Profile & system > Settings > System > Updates.
    2. Make sure the option for Keep my games & apps up to date is enabled.
    Note If this option wasn’t already selected, the next place to check for your content is in My games & apps > See all > Games. If you’re on another Xbox console, such as a friend’s console, this is where all your installed games will appear.

Reference: Find your games and add-ons | Xbox Support

To ensure that we address your concern, please let us know details about this:

1. What games are affected to this issue?
    2. Are you seeing error when you try to download or install the content?
    3. When you say you can't play, may we ask if you are using the same account that has purchase the game or has subscription?

Let us know how it went.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. DreadGrrl Win User

What do you think about to Playstation joining to the Crossplay?

We have both systems in our house, but I won’t purchase the same game for each system.

My youngest son has school friends that have one system or the other, so he can’t play online with all of them. Cross-platform play would allow him to play with all of his friends, which would be nice.

It would stop some of his complaining.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Game Pass Ultimate. Buy more than one for a household?

To add to what the others have said the game pass gives you the license to download, install and play the games that are in the game pass library.

The Home Xbox Gives any other players the ability to play any games that you have the license for them.

With that being said

1. As long as you have an active game pass subscription AND the console is set as your home console any other profile on that console will be able to play the games that you have a license for.

2. Unlike actual owned games where the games will show up in your ready to install no matter what profile is signed in the game pass games can ONLY be downloaded and installed from the profile that has the active game pass subscription.

Once the game is downloaded and installed ALL the other profiles on the HOME Xbox can then play them.

So in your case you only need one game pass subscription but whatever account has it active can only download and install the games on the console. Once they are downloaded and installed then the other profiles on the console can then play the games just
    as if you actually purchased them.
  6. Penetrator RIP Win User

A respectful statement to the trolls and nay-sayers of the Xbox One.

I have 3 xbox in my home, my wife, son, and my self has our own xbox. With xbox new policies when I buy a new game the other 2 xbox would not play them unless I give them all the rights to the game, yes I can play on there console and it has to check in
    every hour and but it will only work with me on there console if I do not give them the rights to it sothat means I have to by 3 of them or my family fight one console.
Thema:

1. Two Xbox’s one has all of our games to play an other only has them installed can’t be played - Similar Threads - Xbox’s has games

2. How do i delete my xbox games on a external drive that has been corrupted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i delete my xbox games on a external drive that has been corrupted?: My external drive on my series s will show that the games i try to uninstall are gone, but the storage taken is still the same as when the game was installed. 29027c81-2fe6-4c75-940f-8ffa841133ef
  3. Has anyone come across the issue of the xbox app and xbox social in game bar just refusing...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Has anyone come across the issue of the xbox app and xbox social in game bar just refusing...: I open game bar and go to xbox social, but 10 seconds after opening xbox social I get something went wrong with this widget errors. Also the xbox app does not connect to any parties I try to start...
  4. Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...: I'm really curious if I can replace the Xbox series x hard drive with the Xbox 360 hard drive to play Xbox 360 games 6f9f477b-cc97-4697-af8b-5c4827b1134a
  5. if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...: two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can a third account sign into the subscribed account to use it ea55d237-1487-43c0-9c02-7c9ff770a0dc
  6. The account I have set for my home Xbox has game pass ultimate but unless that account is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The account I have set for my home Xbox has game pass ultimate but unless that account is...: So the account I have set on my console as my home Xbox account has the game pass ultimate subscription but when I sign into my account I can't access multiplayer games unless I have that account...
  7. Xbox Series X has no audio in game, but has audio on dashboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X has no audio in game, but has audio on dashboard.: After reading some other questions this seems to have been an issue back in 2022 and has yet been resolved. Has anyone had any luck with combating this issue? Games will have audio, till I exit...
  8. Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?: Hi, For the past month or so I have been having capturing clips using the Xbox Game Bar and I would usually send to the Xbox App by pressing copy link. This option isn't available anymore. I...
  9. Why has my xbox uninstalled all of my games? And why isnt my external drive showing up?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why has my xbox uninstalled all of my games? And why isnt my external drive showing up?: Alright so I was literally just on my xbox last night and EVERYTHING was as it should be. But once I got back on this morning all of my games were uninstalled, every single one of them. Not to...
  10. MSFS - Xbox One - Cloud gaming - My Logbook has not been updating flights since 12/25/23?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS - Xbox One - Cloud gaming - My Logbook has not been updating flights since 12/25/23?: Just noticed today that all flights after 12/25/23 are not showing on "My Logbook"........? a0bd7476-968c-4983-8f2b-836c80ca4934