Two separate xbox wireless headsets have constant "connecting" tones.

Discus and support Two separate xbox wireless headsets have constant "connecting" tones. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is my second headset which has a tone of connecting over and over. It has occurred since updating to the latest firmware and did not happen on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sageth, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Sageth
    Sageth Guest

This is my second headset which has a tone of connecting over and over. It has occurred since updating to the latest firmware and did not happen on the older firmware that came with the headset. The only way that I can get the tone to stop is to connect to the xbox and then do a hard reset of the headset. After 1-4 times of doing hard resets, it will connect normally and no tone. Once the headset reboots -- or powers off -- I will need to go through this cycle again. I do not experience any audio stutter, drops, or other audio problems (except that my party-mates voices fade during the tone and then come back).

I've read comments that it's related to "interference" so I turned everything I have off. In an act of desperation, I turned off all of my breakers except for my living room, which has an xbox and a tv. No access points, no network, no laptops, no phones.

Between the two headsets and ~2ish hours per night over the past month of testing, I am convinced that this is caused by the latest firmware. When I first got the headset, I didn't upgrade for a few days and once I did, I started hearing this repeating connection tone. The second headset, I let it sit for 1.5 weeks before upgrading -- once I upgraded it started.

The fact that this is two headsets with identical problems suggests that this isn't an isolated issue with the headset.

I've tried contacting chat and I can't get in touch with support and my options are to "message a gamer" or use the virtual chatbot which tells me to contact support.

Is there anything that anyone can think of that I'm missing?

Edit: Current headset firmware is 0.0.9.50

:)

Sageth, Dec 21, 2023
  2. Sageth Win User

Looked into that, but couldn't find a way to do so.
  3. azguz Win User

Have you tried/ can you down grade the firmware? Def sounds like a fw bug, no cap. Bet
  4. Killing Skids Win User

how to connect headphone to xbox one

Hello,

Im ,

Please Follow These Steps : The Xbox Wireless Headset pairs with an Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One console in the same manner as an Xbox Wireless Controller:

1. Be sure that both the headset and console are powered on.
    2. Press and hold the green power button on the headset (located on the back of the left earcup) for 4 seconds. You will hear a repeated pairing tone, and the power light on the headset will start flashing.
    3. Press the Pair button  on your console (the same button you use to pair a wireless controller with your console). The power light on the console will start flashing.
    4. When the headset and console connect with each other, the power lights on both devices will stop flashing.
    To connect an Xbox Wireless Headset to a Win10, Android, or iOS device using Bluetooth:

1. Be sure that the headset is powered on.
    2. Press and hold the green power button on the headset (located on the back of the left earcup) for 4 seconds. You will hear a repeated pairing tone, and the power light on the headset will start flashing.
    3. Go to the Bluetooth connections menu on your device and scan for available devices. The headset should appear as Xbox Wireless Headset in the available devices list.
    4. When the headset connects with your device, the power light will stop flashing.
    If you have trouble connecting an Xbox Wireless Headset, see:

Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Headset
  5. KALEEF Win User

anyone help me my wireless headset is stuck on port 2 and wont sync to port 1

Turn off and disconnect all controllers from the Xbox 360 and disconnect the wireless headsets from the controllers.

Connect the wireless headset to the Xbox 360 using the USB cable. Turn on the wireless headset.

Sync the headset to quadrant 1 by pressing the "Connect" button on the on the Xbox 360. Then press the "Connect" button on the wireless headset for two seconds. Do not continue to press the "Connect" button on the wireless headset, as this will change the
    quadrant to which it is connected. If the headset now works without the controllers attached, the problem must be with one of your controllers. If the headset still does not work, then the problem is with the headset.
  6. Geri M. Win User

Bluetooth stereo on PC with my new Xbox Wireless Headset

Hello Leeraken,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

To answer your question, Yes, you can use the Xbox Wireless Headset on your PC with both stereo audio and microphone. You can use either the headset’s 3.5mm cable option, Bluetooth option, or by using an Xbox Wireless USB dongle add-on for your PC. The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows is a good option for you to use the proprietary connection protocol on your computer (on W10) instead of Bluetooth.

Regarding your bonus question, the “double tap to switch device” feature is available on the Xbox Wireless Headset. You can switch between two devices that are connected to the headset by double-tapping the pairing button.

You may visit and check this article for more details and information. Xbox Wireless Headset FAQ | Xbox Support.

To connect your Xbox Wireless Headset to your PC, you can follow these steps:

1. Be sure that both the headset and console are powered on.
    2. Press and hold the green power button on the headset (located on the back of the left earcup) for 4 seconds.
    3. Press the Pair button on your console (this is the same button you use to pair a wireless controller with your console).
    4. When the headset and console connect with each other, you’ll hear a tone.
    5. Alternatively, you can connect the headset to your PC using Bluetooth 4.2+ or through the Wireless Adapter for Windows (sold separately). You can also use the headset’s 3.5mm cable option.

We hope this was able to clear up any confusion this might have caused.

If you have other clarifications, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Two separate xbox wireless headsets have constant "connecting" tones. - Similar Threads - separate wireless headsets

2. Separate Captures and Achievements in Friend and Community Updates

in XboX Insiders
    Separate Captures and Achievements in Friend and Community Updates: It would be great if I could go into "Friends and community updates" and see the captures my friends have made in one row separated from the achievements my friends have made in another row. An...
  3. Is there a separate plug for a xbox one S console to plug and use in a 12v electric socket?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a separate plug for a xbox one S console to plug and use in a 12v electric socket?: Wanting to use xbox one S in caravan, What options to use? is there a different plug ? or can it work with same plug. 1eed5ea8-b5df-4821-bc92-268fb7804246
  4. Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?: Is it possible to use a Logitech g920steering wheel and a separate joystick (Logitech 3d extreme pro ) that is Xbox compatible with the Xbox adaptive controller together. Eg allowing me to use the...
  5. Is there a separate tracking order to the accessories from my controller when i shipped it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a separate tracking order to the accessories from my controller when i shipped it...: [img] I got my elite series 2 controller serviced and i shipped the controller that comes in its own case with all the accessories in it and i was just wondering if im even going to get that back...
  6. How can I set up 2 separate accounts with the same email

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I set up 2 separate accounts with the same email: Is it possible to set up 2 different accounts to the same email? bfa28ec5-957a-4ebd-8f9a-101494e454b8
  7. Someone made four separate Microsoft XBOX purchases on the same day using my checking...

in XBoX on Windows
    Someone made four separate Microsoft XBOX purchases on the same day using my checking...: Someone made four separate Microsoft XBOX purchases on the same day (12-19-23) all in the amount of $52.42 using my checking account information. I had a Windows 365 account that I was paying...
  8. If I pay for both a 10 person and a 2 person realm (2 separate realms) can they both be...

in XBoX on Windows
    If I pay for both a 10 person and a 2 person realm (2 separate realms) can they both be...: If I pay for both a 10 person and a 2 person realm (2 separate realms) can they both be open and active simultaneously? 99df4c12-6373-4415-80d1-25b73bc88b07
  9. Playing on separate Xboxs on the same network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing on separate Xboxs on the same network.: I want to play separate games on Xbox one and an Xbox x at the same time, but when I boot up a game on one it boots me from the other. How can we play different games at the same time?...
  10. if i get the pc xbox game pass do i have to buy the games separate like say the new forza...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i get the pc xbox game pass do i have to buy the games separate like say the new forza...: if i get the pc xbox game pass do i have to buy the games separate like say the new forza motorsport? or are they included free with the pass as long as i have the subscription?...