Two different Windows 10 wireless adapters, could one be fake?

Discus and support Two different Windows 10 wireless adapters, could one be fake? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] [img] [img] As title states, I have 2 different Xbox controller wireless adapters that I bought, and both are quite different. The top one was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CamJ360, Oct 6, 2023.

1. CamJ360
    CamJ360 Guest

Two different Windows 10 wireless adapters, could one be fake? [​IMG]

As title states, I have 2 different Xbox controller wireless adapters that I bought, and both are quite different. The top one was from a controller bundle I bought new from Microcenter, and the bottom is from a sealed box I got from eBay. The adapter from the bundle doesn’t have the front LED light and doesn’t display the FCC logo on the back like others that I’ve seen. The one from eBay appears to be from the Asia markets since there is no FCC markings or ID.

Both work as intended, but the missing led light from the first one is what looks suspicious, especially when the box shows a light and every other picture I’ve seen shows a light.

Can anyone confirm that these are both likely authentic?

:)

CamJ360, Oct 6, 2023
  2. Baumkuchen84 Win User

I'm trying to check if I bought some bootleg too and I'm somehow doubting that either of yours is genuine... I somehow have the same SN 927958524321 and wonder if the point of a SN is to be a unique number for checking when where and by whom a product was assembled... having the same SN to me makes no sense... Also this photo of a person asking for genuity on another thread shows a different SN...
    So is this SN 927958524321 proof for a fake wireless adapter?
  3. Annanda Martins Win User

Hello CamJ360! I'm Annanda and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Here we cannot say or guarantee to you which one is real or not, but what i can tell you is that the one with 927958524321 is the same one i have and most people on the internet too, so this is probably the legit one.

The other one i truly never saw anywhere, so if one of these is fake, it probably is this one, okay?

Again, we cannot guarantee, but the one with 927958524321 works really well and it is the one that most people have, including me.

I hope I was able to answer your questions! Please, if you have any other doubts, we are here to help.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below

Best Regards, Annanda.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Wireless Xbox one adapter compatibility with windows 7

5. Bayroxis Win User

Controller Xbox One - Windows 7 x64 - Wireless

Thanks for your answer, would like it to wireless but I can handle it :)

Does all xbox one controller have an usb C port to be connected or some are wireless only ? (Sorry about all these questions but never had an xbox one controller between my hand)

And I found 2 link on microsoft website about wireless connexion here they are, but in french (i'm on phone can't find them in English) but here's the translation of interesting parts :

https://support.xbox.com/fr-BE/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-wireless-adapter-for-windows-compatibility

"The wireless adaptator for windows 10 has been made to be used on windows 10 only. The old wireless adaptator xbox for windows works on device running windows 10, windows 8.1 and windows 7. "

That's where I heard about the "old adaptator"

And I just found this link :

https://support.xbox.com/fr-FR/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-one-wireless-controller-differences-on-windows-operating-systems

This is line 1, 2 and 3 of the table :

"Fonctionality : usb wired connexion : works on windows 10 and windows 7/8.1

Fonctionality : connexion via wireless usb adaptator for windows : works on windows 10 and windows 7/8.1

Fonctionality : connexion via wireless usb adaptator for windows 10 : works on windows 10, doesn't work on windows 7."

So seems like there is 2 wireless adaptator and one of them seems to work on windows 7 but they don't precise if it's for xbow one or 360...sigh now you understand why i'm so lost, 3 versions of the controller, 2 different adaptator, many software update...I
    know the best is to switch to W10 but I never had a single problem on w7 and would like to keep it as long as possible.

Thanks again !
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Controller Xbox One - Windows 7 x64 - Wireless

Hi

- There was 3 versions of the controller right ? Does they all work on w7 (x64) ?

They will all work, but only with a wired connection. Bluetooth is not supported for Windows 7 nor is the Wireless adapter for the Xbox One controller unfortunately.

- Can we play wireless on w7 or it just works with the wire ? Heard that you could play wireless with the
    OLD microsoft wireless adaptator (the usb key for xbox controller) but not the new adaptator wich is specific to windows 10.

See previous answer. As for an older Adapter, I'm not aware of such a device. I'm pretty sure all adapters only support Windows 10.

- Would like to buy the RED xbox one controller, does it have a software difference with classic xbox one controller and for some reasons it only work on w10 or it's just a color change ?

All Xbox One controllers will work with Windows 10, but only via a wired connection.
Thema:

1. Two different Windows 10 wireless adapters, could one be fake? - Similar Threads - different Windows wireless

2. I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...: My friend gifted me Minecraft from US region. But i can't claim it because i'm on a different region. What should i do? can anyone help?? 82117b44-9dc0-427e-a6a5-51ff38f7169c
  3. x button not responding even after using different keybinds

in XBoX on Consoles
    x button not responding even after using different keybinds: My xbox controller was working 100% perfectly fine in a agme untul outnof no wehre my reload button (x) suddenly didnt respond snd i tried various ways to yet this fixed but thry would just lead...
  4. Xbox Game Bar UI font face is different

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar UI font face is different: Hi, I recently reinstalled Xbox Game Bar (Microsoft Game DVR) because its font face is weird. It is not the common font face in the old version. It just used "Segoe UI" as a replacement? Anyone...
  5. Why is the sales tax different between accounts on the same system?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is the sales tax different between accounts on the same system?: My husband and I both have xbox accounts, his account is under my 2nd email but he pays for gamepass, his account has cheaper sales tax, both emails were created in the same house, both xbox...
  6. I cant play multiplayer on my xbox account because a different account got perm banned..I

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant play multiplayer on my xbox account because a different account got perm banned..I: i literally cant play my xbox because an account on my phone got perma banned.. i didnt even say anything mean. I was playing siege and someone messaged me criticzing how i played. And i replied...
  7. Same problem different year

in XBoX on Consoles
    Same problem different year: I bought a Xbox one x probably in 17' and had it fixed for disc drive issues and it's been out of commission for over a 2yrs now because of the same issue I just don't have $240 I may have the...
  8. Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.

in XboX Insiders
    Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.: It would be nice if you informed the Xbox system development team to enable some option in this regard, PlayStation has several options in sleep mode to supply power to the USB ports: Always give...
  9. How to watch a show on an Xbox and Windows PC in two different locations

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to watch a show on an Xbox and Windows PC in two different locations: I have a friend that I watch movies with while on FaceTime. She watches them on her Xbox and I watch it on my Windows laptop. It feels like we spend more time trying to sync the movie to the same...
  10. How to get Xbox Windows app to run games (Starfield) when logged into a different Windows...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get Xbox Windows app to run games (Starfield) when logged into a different Windows...: I installed Starfiled gamepass edition on my Windows 10 PC. No issues, it runs well. When I log into the same PC using my work account, the Xbox app does see Starfield or other games that are...