Two accounts, one email address?

Discus and support Two accounts, one email address? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Awhile back I was forced to migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account to continue playing Minecraft. I did this by signing into an email address... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Early Endres, Jan 5, 2024.

1. Early Endres
    Early Endres Guest

Awhile back I was forced to migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account to continue playing Minecraft. I did this by signing into an email address that is tied to my Microsoft account, however, this created what I refer to as a "ghost account" inside of my already existing Microsoft account. I have two emails tied to my main Microsoft account, and because I used one and not the other, it treated it like a completely new Microsoft account, however, signing into either of my emails gives me only control of the original account, and I have no way of accessing the one it created when I tried signing in. I'd like it if they could just delete/merge this duplicate account with my original, as I have absolutely no way of controlling the account. To reiterate, I go to Microsoft's site and sign in with either email, and they take me to the same account, I go to the Minecraft website and sign in, it gives me a completely different gamertag, and when I go to the account preferences link through Minecraft's site, it takes me back to the other account and treats it like one account (which is how I wanted it from the beginning, but this second account it has made is completely unmodifiable). Any ideas?

:)

Early Endres, Jan 5, 2024
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Early,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Early Endres,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're having trouble with your Microsoft account after migrating your Mojang account to Microsoft account. It is possible that the account you have migrated is an alias to your Microsoft account. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

Here are steps that we can perform:

1. Go to https://account.microsoft.com and sign in with the email address that you used to create the original Microsoft account.

2. Click on the "Your info" tab and then click on "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft".

3. Under the "Aliases" section, you should see both of your email addresses listed. Make sure that the email address that you used to create the original Microsoft account is set as the primary alias.

4. If the email address that you used to create the original Microsoft account is not set as the primary alias, click on "Make primary" next to that email address.

5. Once you have set the correct email address as the primary alias, try signing in to Minecraft again and see if it resolves the issue.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. HassanB Win User

two accounts with one email address

Hi,

It's not possible to have 2 gamertags with the same e-mail. It's possible that you may have misspelled the e-mail you used when you first signed up for Xbox LIVE which is why you're seeing a different profile.

If you still have access to the new gamertag "NearCircle" on your Xbox 360, please go to your Dashboard > Settings > Account > 3rd Tab (Account Information) > Account Security > Take a look to the right and carefully look at the e-mail that's shown there.

That's the e-mail you'd use to login to Xbox.com and when you do you should see the same gamertag on the top right as you do on your Xbox 360 console.

-

If you're unable to login to the console with that gamertag, please contact phone support and they can assist you with finding the proper e-mail associated with the gamertag, and canceling the automatic renewal on the account. You can reach out to them by clicking
    this link here.
  5. JOHLC Win User

two accounts under one email address?

Hello! You may not have created a GamerTag on top of your current one. Give support a call and provide them with the GamerTag you are trying to login to so that they can give you the correct email address.
  6. onyxishere Win User

two accounts under one email address?

Thema:

1. Two accounts, one email address? - Similar Threads - accounts email address

2. Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email)

in XboX Insiders
    Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email): Basically the title. I have had the same Xbox account since I was a kid which has always been under my dad’s email address. As I’m older now, I want to be able to take control of the...
  3. My Minecraft account email address and password were compromised.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft account email address and password were compromised.: My Minecraft account email address and password were compromised and changed to ones I had never seen before. I tried to contact Minecraft support to recover my compromised account. They said they...
  4. My son has somehow created a new xbox account using the same email address so lost all of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has somehow created a new xbox account using the same email address so lost all of...: I don't know what he has done or how he has done it but he had an xbox account. He is now logged in with the same email but different gamer tag snd none of his previous info is linked. So no...
  5. Is it possible to remove an email address from an Xbox account without deleting the email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to remove an email address from an Xbox account without deleting the email...: Is it possible to remove an email address from an Xbox account without deleting the email account from the Microsoft servers? The situation: we set up our son's Xbox account when he was a small...
  6. My email address is on my son's xbox account (gamer tag); his email address has my xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My email address is on my son's xbox account (gamer tag); his email address has my xbox...: Set up years ago when he was little... Let's say Dad's email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** and son's email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...
  7. Can i recover a Microsoft account if I have forgotten which email address I used?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can i recover a Microsoft account if I have forgotten which email address I used?: My son has managed to sign out of his minecraft account and I can't remember which email address I used to set up the Microsoft account linked to it... I've tried all the email addresses I can...
  8. minecraft 2 accounts on one email address one doesnt work now

in XBoX Accessibility
    minecraft 2 accounts on one email address one doesnt work now: hi there, I purchased a minecraft account for my kid in 2020. I used my gmail address to sign up. I purchased one for myself in 2021 i also used the SAME email address, (mine as a microsoft...
  9. My account is linked to an email address that no longer exists

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account is linked to an email address that no longer exists: When my xbox was first setup I used my parents email address to create the account. Since then I have been using this for the past 15+ years with no issues. It does occassionally ask to confirm...
  10. Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?: Hey so I have a big problem. I had accidentally deleted my email account that is linked to my xbox account. I tried really hard to recover this account but I am truly unable to, and google is not...