Twitch webcam disappears when switching games and only fix is to turn xbox off and back on

Discus and support Twitch webcam disappears when switching games and only fix is to turn xbox off and back on in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So ill be streaming on twitch and if I pull up the twitch app and continue back to the game the webcam stops working but says its on still? Any way to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Smalls160, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Smalls160
    Smalls160 Guest

Twitch webcam disappears when switching games and only fix is to turn xbox off and back on

So ill be streaming on twitch and if I pull up the twitch app and continue back to the game the webcam stops working but says its on still? Any way to fix this? Same when I switch games.

:)

Smalls160, Apr 2, 2021
  2. dangle0905 Win User

Xbox one streaming with mixer power randomly going off.

I have the same probably my xbox turns off for awhile when im streamjnf on mixer. With a webcam. I got the logitech webcam. My xbox does not turn off when im streaming without a webcam.
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

Can someone help me with camera issues

I see, try power cycling your Xbox:

Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or on your controller.

Try plugging the webcam into a different USB port on your Series S.

If it's still not working, reset your Xbox:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    Select Reset and keep my games & apps

If that doesn't work, I'd recommend contacting Lenovo for further assistance or looking into purchasing a different webcam; these are the webcam models recommended by Xbox:

Microsoft LifeCam Studio
    Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000
    Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam
    Logitech C930e Webcam

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  4. swinney Win User

Error Code 0x8027025a

To turn off Instant On, go into the Xbox One’s Settings by pressing the Menu button, and then Settings, or say “Xbox, go to Settings.” Then go to Power and startup.

Select Power Options, and then switch from Instant-On mode to energy-saving mode. This will allow the Xbox One to completely shut down.

Turn it back on and go into settings and uncheck ""Xbox turn off" turns off my cable or satellite box"", then switch the previous setting back to Instant-On

It is a work around but the only down side is you will have to turn your cable/satellite box off until/if they get a fix
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Connection to any streaming application on Xbox

Hi there,

The only streaming services on the Xbox is Mixer and Twitch but the Twitch app is only limited to using the Kinect as a webcam and mic because Twitch hasn't seemed to update the app.

On Mixer you can connect a webcam through USB and the Camera option will be selectable in the "Broadcast & capture" tab in the menu found under Advanced Settings. As far as the Microphone goes, I think it should work and be detected as you say that it works
    for party chats and most streamers use their headset mic's but give it a try in the advanced settings on Mixer and let us know if it works.
  6. Jackobite-B4CBDB4B-7 Win User

Dead Rising keeps kicking me back to the home screen.

When I was a kid I used to watch sci fi films and read books about life in the future, I never ever seen anyone switch it off and then back on again.

I had this kick to dashboard a few weeks ago and finally turned it off and it fixed itself, back again doing it today, I already switched off the xbox and it just did it again.

On a brighter note it does seem to only be DR3 thats doing it.
Thema:

1. Twitch webcam disappears when switching games and only fix is to turn xbox off and back on - Similar Threads - Twitch webcam disappears

2. Webcam I used previously for streaming to Twitch hasn't worked since the Dashboard was...

in XboX Insiders
    Webcam I used previously for streaming to Twitch hasn't worked since the Dashboard was...: I have already made a bug report within the xbox. It is really frustrating because the camera worked perfect before, for roughly 1 year with no issues. I tested the camera with my laptop and it...
  3. Problema Streming SU TWITCH e WEBCAM

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problema Streming SU TWITCH e WEBCAM: Buongiorno, ho acquistato una webcam e volevo utilizzarla su Xbox Series S per andare in streaming. La webcam funziona, ho provato appunto un APP su Xbox chiamata WebCam Pip proprio per essere...
  4. How to get my webcam to work while twitch streaming

in XBoX on Windows
    How to get my webcam to work while twitch streaming: I have a Logitech C270 hd webcam and it won’t show up whenever I try to livestream. However, I’m going to assume that it is compatible with my Xbox series S because whenever I pause my stream and...
  5. My webcam won’t work for streaming to twitch

in XboX Insiders
    My webcam won’t work for streaming to twitch: My webcam works sometimes it is on the list that work for streaming yet after this recent update to integrate streaming directly into the Xbox menu it doesn’t. Any idea on fixes? submitted by...
  6. Streaming on Twitch with webcam, broken?

in XboX Insiders
    Streaming on Twitch with webcam, broken?: My current platform is Series X & i have my Microsoft Modern Webcam connected via usb. I’ve been trouble shooting for the past hour & I’ve been through all suggestions/recommendations. I first...
  7. Livestreaming with webcam using Twitch - Microsoft Modern Webcam on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Windows
    Livestreaming with webcam using Twitch - Microsoft Modern Webcam on Xbox Series S: Hello together! In the last update, the function for livestreaming with Twitch was activated in the guide menu. Yesterday evening I wanted to test this and so far everything works. However,...
  8. Kinect not recognized as webcam in twitch(Xbox one s)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect not recognized as webcam in twitch(Xbox one s): So i got my kinect and adapter working and i see everything it sees when i go into the kinect option in settings, but twitch doesnt see it as a webcam i have the Xbox insider app and all but it...
  9. New Webcam isn’t working with series x on twitch app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Webcam isn’t working with series x on twitch app: i see a lot of other people having the same issue. I can go into Skype and it shows that my brand new webcam works perfectly fine but when i goto stream on twitch the webcam isnt recognized. Ive...
  10. Webcam with twitch support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Webcam with twitch support: Hi! Ive seen many people having the problem with the xbox series x and s where a USB webcam will work with a camera app but not the twitch app. I have tried streaming myself with a webcam, but it...