Twitch app took too long to start.

Discus and support Twitch app took too long to start. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Whenever I go to open the twitch app on my Xbox the app takes too long to open I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. I've attempted to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Dylan_933, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Dylan_933
    Dylan_933 Guest

Whenever I go to open the twitch app on my Xbox the app takes too long to open I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. I've attempted to disconnect and reconnect my twitch account from the Xbox too but nothing changes. So after hours of this I decided to sign into a different Xbox account and try it, lo and behold it worked. Now I went as far as to get on someone else's Xbox and test this too but my account and the account I borrowed open the app no problem. So why does my twitch app specifically not work with my Xbox account?

:)

Dylan_933, Nov 19, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Dylan_933,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that you are experiencing delay in launching Twitch app when signing your account in your Xbox console. Let us check and see on what we can do to help get this fixed.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. When did the issue start?

2. Has there been any changes with your console before this issue happened?

For the meantime, here are some troubleshooting steps that we can perform:

1. Check the server status: Sometimes, server issues can cause delays when launching the Twitch app. You can check the server status by visiting the official Twitch Status page. If the servers are down, you may need to wait until they are back up and running.

2. Update the app: Make sure that you have installed the latest updates for the Twitch app. You can check for updates by going to "My games and apps" > Highlight the app > Press the Menu button > Go to "manage app" > Select "Updates" .

3. Clear the cache: Clearing the cache can help resolve issues caused by corrupted app files. To clear the cache, press and hold the power button on your Xbox console for 10 seconds to turn it off. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console and wait for 10 seconds. Plug the power cord back in and turn on the console .

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Dylan_933,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. {Parity} Win User

App/Game took too long to start

The only thing that I can suggest is a hard reset performed EXACTLY like this.

Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.

If that doesn't work then try another factory reset and if that doesn't work contact support for a repair. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us
  5. Patrick S.Z Win User

App/Game took too long to start

The only thing that I can suggest is a hard reset performed EXACTLY like this.

Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.

If that doesn't work then try another factory reset and if that doesn't work contact support for a repair. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us
    Already did it a few times, sometimes the games works but only for a few days, then I start getting the same error again.

I'm from Brazil, will check if this service is available here, will try to test with a external drive first.

Thanks.
  6. XBF Meryem R Win User

Took too long to start

Hello @AshtonOgle, I hope everything is going well for you!

Forum support.

I am very sorry to know you are having such conveniences. Please do not worry about the situation because I am here to help you out!

According to the explanation you have provided, I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. Therefore, you will only need to follow those simple troubleshooting steps that I will provide you with and your issue should be fixed.

The following troubleshooting step will help you clear out your MAC address:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

Another step that you can try to resolve the issue, would be to remove and re-add your account. In order to do that please go to: settings> account> remove accounts> remove your account.

You could also try this troubleshooting step to clear any corrupted data from your device:

1- Go to settings on your Xbox

2- Select system

3-Select storage

4- Clear local saved games and your console will automatically restart

Note: When doing this step please make sure that you always play online so that all your data is saved to the cloud

If the issue still persists after going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 10-15 seconds plug all your cables back in and then restart your console.

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming
Thema:

1. Twitch app took too long to start. - Similar Threads - Twitch app took

2. I don’t know who needs to hear this but for the love of god update the twitch app.

in XboX Insiders
    I don’t know who needs to hear this but for the love of god update the twitch app.: According to my Xbox the last time I received an update for the twitch app was 03/01/2023 it’s a joke. For some reason now it just crashes when I click on someone’s stream. Not to mention when...
  3. How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app: I’m streaming with a group of friends I use the Xbox app for communicating most nights but stream can’t here due to me not being able to include my audio using the app...
  4. Is the twitch app broken?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the twitch app broken?: Over the last few months, I've e gone from being able to stream for hours without isdue. To now maybe being able to stream for am hour and then everytime I restart my broadcast afterwards, It...
  5. Problem with Mic Audio on Twitch App for Xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Mic Audio on Twitch App for Xbox series s: Hi everyone. Every time I try to stream from the Twitch app on Xbox the audio from my headset doesn't work even though on the Twitch settings before you go live it shows the mic is on and the...
  6. Xbox Twitch app game audio stuttering and popping does anyone know a fix?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Twitch app game audio stuttering and popping does anyone know a fix?: So this has been going on for a month now. When ever i stream. The game audio pops and stutters contantly. I was in contact with twitch support who directed me here. Example:...
  7. Xbox, Twitch app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox, Twitch app: I want to know how I can type in my followed twitch streamers chat on the Xbox one, Twitch app, I searched for solutions, But only get results for completly different problems, I Already tried,...
  8. Xbox Twitch App no longer the same version after verifying phone number.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Twitch App no longer the same version after verifying phone number.: I used the twitch app on my xbox one s every single day, never had much of a problem with it. The other day on the official xbox channel (and more and more channels) I was told I needed to verify...
  9. Will Xbox fix the Xbox-Twitch integration before the Twitch app drops the broadcast feature?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Xbox fix the Xbox-Twitch integration before the Twitch app drops the broadcast feature?: The new Xbox-Twitch integration doesn't work. I was kicked out of game multiple times in 30 minutes until I gave up the stream. Switched to broadcasting from the Twitch app with a flawless result....
  10. Party chat on mobile app not working with Twitch:

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat on mobile app not working with Twitch:: Hello, my friend and I are using Xbox Party chat. Im using it on the Xbox Series X and hes using it on the Xbox Mobile App as he doesnt own a Xbox. Im trying to stream my gameplay on Twitch from...