Twitch App Should Be Made Into A Companion App

Discus and support Twitch App Should Be Made Into A Companion App in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As the title says really..."Twitch App Should Be Made Into A Companion App". At the moment the only thing you can do with Twitch via smartglass is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StephenQuinn82, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Twitch App Should Be Made Into A Companion App

As the title says really..."Twitch App Should Be Made Into A Companion App".

At the moment the only thing you can do with Twitch via smartglass is have it load on the Xbox One or snap it but having access to our chat without having the app "snapped" would be an awesome feature. I think it would work really well and should allow us
    to keep an eye on our chat stream and interact with any viewers.

:)

StephenQuinn82, Mar 11, 2014
  2. SmartGlass and AC4 on a Coby 8065 Tablet

There should be an option to install a companion app within Smartglass. On the main screen after you've connected, you should see an icon labeled "Companion".

Matt Rainbolt, Mar 11, 2014
  3. LoneGnome
    LoneGnome Guest
    So why no Twitch streaming?

The updated Twitch app should be available now. You should be able to broadcast as soon as you get the app update (just launch the app).

LoneGnome, Mar 11, 2014
  4. Twitch App Should Be Made Into A Companion App

Um, didn't Major Nelson do that in his that introduced Twitch broadcasting? He actually mentions that he prefers checking his chat stream on his tablet through Smartglass rather than have it snapped to the side.

Galactic Geek, Mar 11, 2014
  5. ....Just go to Twitch on your device?

DanteSparda504, Mar 11, 2014
  6. f00xm4n
    f00xm4n Guest
    That's what i thought, have not broadcast yet but glass Only allowed remote, so I could type in others chat windows, maybe I should broadcast and see what happens.

f00xm4n, Mar 11, 2014
  7. wolfdre2011
    wolfdre2011 Guest
    yeah it does work but i'm sure they'll release an update to make it ease of access.

wolfdre2011, Mar 11, 2014
  8. Twitch App Should Be Made Into A Companion App

What Im saying is that some people don't like having to install apps all the time. The take up space that could be used for other games etc.

Major Nelson doesn't mention smart glass at all.

[quote user="Major Nelson"]

"Once you're broadcasting, you have a few different choices for your experience. If you leave twitch snapped you'll see the comments stream coming through, for me personally I prefer to play full screen and have my tablet in front of me to check
    on comments and questions there".

[/quote]

9. I truly second this idea, having the chat on smartglass companion would be awesome.

Sounds like something they could easilly do in a patch.

Thorbjørn Jensen, Mar 11, 2014
  10. Just think how easy it would be to click on the twitch logo. Then on companion and voila chat is there. It doesn't have to be all fancy, just enough for us to see our chat stream.

I think Battlefield and Dead Rising are the only games that really uses companion to it's potential.

11. Ryse is also fantastic with companion

Thorbjørn Jensen, Mar 11, 2014
  12. f00xm4n
    f00xm4n Guest
    I am assuming you can login to twitch.tv and do it that way, but would be much better through glass.

f00xm4n, Oct 31, 2018
  13. Thorbjørn Jensen Win User

I truly second this idea, having the chat on smartglass companion would be awesome.

Sounds like something they could easilly do in a patch.
  14. StephenQuinn82 Win User

What Im saying is that some people don't like having to install apps all the time. The take up space that could be used for other games etc.

Major Nelson doesn't mention smart glass at all.

[quote user="Major Nelson"]

"Once you're broadcasting, you have a few different choices for your experience. If you leave twitch snapped you'll see the comments stream coming through, for me personally I prefer to play full screen and have my tablet in front of me to check
    on comments and questions there".

[/quote]

15. f00xm4n Win User

That's what i thought, have not broadcast yet but glass Only allowed remote, so I could type in others chat windows, maybe I should broadcast and see what happens.
  16. Galactic Geek Win User

Um, didn't Major Nelson do that in his http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=894253OJn0w that introduced Twitch broadcasting? He actually mentions that he prefers checking his chat stream on his tablet through Smartglass rather than have it snapped to the side.
  17. f00xm4n Win User

I am assuming you can login to twitch.tv and do it that way, but would be much better through glass.
Thema:

1. Twitch App Should Be Made Into A Companion App - Similar Threads - Twitch App Should

2. I don’t know who needs to hear this but for the love of god update the twitch app.

in XboX Insiders
    I don’t know who needs to hear this but for the love of god update the twitch app.: According to my Xbox the last time I received an update for the twitch app was 03/01/2023 it’s a joke. For some reason now it just crashes when I click on someone’s stream. Not to mention when...
  3. How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app: I’m streaming with a group of friends I use the Xbox app for communicating most nights but stream can’t here due to me not being able to include my audio using the app...
  4. Twitch app took too long to start.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Twitch app took too long to start.: Whenever I go to open the twitch app on my Xbox the app takes too long to open I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. I've attempted to disconnect and reconnect my twitch account...
  5. Is the twitch app broken?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the twitch app broken?: Over the last few months, I've e gone from being able to stream for hours without isdue. To now maybe being able to stream for am hour and then everytime I restart my broadcast afterwards, It...
  6. Problem with Mic Audio on Twitch App for Xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Mic Audio on Twitch App for Xbox series s: Hi everyone. Every time I try to stream from the Twitch app on Xbox the audio from my headset doesn't work even though on the Twitch settings before you go live it shows the mic is on and the...
  7. Xbox Twitch app game audio stuttering and popping does anyone know a fix?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Twitch app game audio stuttering and popping does anyone know a fix?: So this has been going on for a month now. When ever i stream. The game audio pops and stutters contantly. I was in contact with twitch support who directed me here. Example:...
  8. Xbox, Twitch app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox, Twitch app: I want to know how I can type in my followed twitch streamers chat on the Xbox one, Twitch app, I searched for solutions, But only get results for completly different problems, I Already tried,...
  9. Xbox Twitch App no longer the same version after verifying phone number.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Twitch App no longer the same version after verifying phone number.: I used the twitch app on my xbox one s every single day, never had much of a problem with it. The other day on the official xbox channel (and more and more channels) I was told I needed to verify...
  10. Will Xbox fix the Xbox-Twitch integration before the Twitch app drops the broadcast feature?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Xbox fix the Xbox-Twitch integration before the Twitch app drops the broadcast feature?: The new Xbox-Twitch integration doesn't work. I was kicked out of game multiple times in 30 minutes until I gave up the stream. Switched to broadcasting from the Twitch app with a flawless result....