TV Turns off when turning xbox on

Discus and support TV Turns off when turning xbox on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, This is quite annoying. If the tv is off and i say xbox on then everything turns on perfectly (TV and Sound bar) but if i have the TV/soundbar... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by sbosanquet1, Feb 16, 2014.

1. sbosanquet1
    sbosanquet1 Guest

Hi,

This is quite annoying. If the tv is off and i say xbox on then everything turns on perfectly (TV and Sound bar) but if i have the TV/soundbar already on then this is when it turns them off and i have to manually turn the tv back on.

TV Model : Panasonic PX-T46G10B (Remote code T1941)

Sound Bar: Panasonic SUHTB520

:)

sbosanquet1, Feb 16, 2014
  2. Drabz
    Drabz Guest
    TV Not Detecting Xbox One

try turning your xbox one on with your tv off - then turn on your tv.

i find with mine when i switch inputs i need to turn my tv off then on for it to pick it up.

Drabz, Feb 16, 2014
  3. ECABOD CRAIN
    ECABOD CRAIN Guest
    XBOX One and the Dish Hopper

I have set up the xbox one and during the setup, the testing on "Turning On" & "Turning Off" the dish hopper works perfectly. I adjusted the settings so that when the XBOX One is turned on or off it will do the same for my TV and Dish Hopper.

When everything is off, turning on the XBOX One turns everything on perfectly, HOWEVER; when turning off the XBOX One, only the XBOX One and the TV is shutting down. My Hopper stays on and I have to use my remote to turnoff.

I notice that the order the 'Off" commands are Dish Hopper 1st, and then the TV.

I see the Hopper blink off, and then a 1/2 second latter come back on & then the TV off.

Does the hopper recognize a live feed and automaticly turn on, thus the quick off and then back on?

Any Thoughts?

Can I reorder the 'Off' commands so that it turns the TV off 1st and then the Dish Hopper?

ECABOD CRAIN, Feb 16, 2014
  4. P. Kaak
    P. Kaak Guest

Guess you have set up the xbox to turn on the tv and receiver. So it tries to do that when it is turned on (Xbox cannot sense that it is already on).

Your tv model responds to turn on/off with the same infrared signal. So when it is on, it will turn off and vice versa with the same command. That's not a fault/problem from the xbox but from the tv manufacturer.

So two options:

- always turn on the tv by turning on the xbox and turn the tv off by turning the xbox off

- or do not let the xbox turn on your tv and do that manually

P. Kaak, Feb 17, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: