TV says it supports 1080p but won’t support it on my xbox

Discus and support TV says it supports 1080p but won’t support it on my xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I’m having trouble with getting my xbox to display in the correct resolution on my tv. When I originally hooked up everything and turned on my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Anonymous08292, Dec 27, 2023.

1. TV says it supports 1080p but won’t support it on my xbox

Hi all, I’m having trouble with getting my xbox to display in the correct resolution on my tv. When I originally hooked up everything and turned on my xbox I was met with “No Signal. Please check the input connection.” I then started the console up in low resolution mode which ended up working but when I went to switch the resolution to 1080p the no input screen came back up. The same went when I tried to switch to 720p. My TV supports 1080p in 60 Hz as it says so in the manual and I also confirmed this when I was successfully able to hook up my switch. I’ve also tried overriding the xbox from auto-detect to HDMI which didn’t help at all. If anyone has any clue on what I could do please let me know. I have an xbox series S and my tv is a TCL 40S0350G, thanks.

:)

Anonymous08292, Dec 27, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Not exactly the best tvs

You will have to consult your tv manual or manufacturer for help

Keep in mind with noname tv's you are typically limited to one good port and the rest are lower grade

If the hdmi2 port isnt reporting 1080p it's most likely hdmi port 1 only supports it

With xbox the tv must support hdmi 1.4 but that's probably going to cause issues as it's much too slow

2.0, is recommended
  3. Masa HD Win User

Can't connect xbox slim to tv via hdmi

I have had the a sort-of same issue. I had my Xbox Connected to my TV and resolution 1080p, then i went to my friends house and hooked the Xbox to his TV and no Video came to the TV... As my friends TV didn't support 1080p, needed to connect it to a TV
    that supported 1080p and then i changed the Resolution to the lowest, and the connected back to the friends tv and then it worked.
  4. Busdriver320 Win User

Xbox one output in 720 and not 1080

If your TV supports 1080P then you need to go into the settings on the Xbox One and under 'Display and Sound' option it will say TV resolution. Select 1080P and that should work.
  5. BBH4LL Win User

Unable to reset display settings via Eject+Power

I also had this problem, I found that my tv runs 720 to 1080p. When I switched the settings and reset the resolution it changed my Xbox display settings to 640x480 which my tv didn't support. To change the settings I had to use an older tv that supported
    640x480 and changed it back to 1080p. Placed the hdmi into my tv and it was running as normal
  6. FlightsZ Win User

Does the Xbox 360 support 1080p or not?

Does the Classic White Xbox 360 Support 1080p HDMI Or Is it just the Xbox 360 (Slim) Because my tv is 60Hz but the xbox says this is displaying in 50Hz and i

get a black screen if i try to press 1080p only 1080i,720p,480p works on my Xbox 360. HELP
Thema:

1. TV says it supports 1080p but won’t support it on my xbox - Similar Threads - says supports 1080p

2. Why when I plug up my TV, it's says format not supported

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I plug up my TV, it's says format not supported: I connected my Xbox series X to my older TV and it says format not supported so we tried everything and it won't connect so please help us. 73af6515-b86a-4d02-84e3-bb5374f1a062
  3. I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway...: please help I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway and now i cant see my screen so i can't revert it and i cant reset my monitor without the...
  4. I paid money for my new username and it doesn't work it says it doesn't support in games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I paid money for my new username and it doesn't work it says it doesn't support in games...: My Xbox username is Cloudzdamian b64cefe0-8379-4593-a075-a07f3c54ee60
  5. My Xbox is saying this console supports wpa2/wpa3 personal and the others but I don’t know...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is saying this console supports wpa2/wpa3 personal and the others but I don’t know...: My Xbox is saying this console supports wpa2/wpa3 personal and the others but I don’t know how to fix it I’ve tried and it’s saying to fix my router security protocol...
  6. Connection lost to any 360 servers on my Series X (even login) despite Xbox Support saying...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection lost to any 360 servers on my Series X (even login) despite Xbox Support saying...: I cant connect to 360 live on my series X: Everytime I try to download profile or login, it says to test connection and troubleshoot it. Any time I try following the Virtual Assistant's advice, it...
  7. It will not let me buy ea fc 24 ultimate edition it says contact Microsoft support how can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    It will not let me buy ea fc 24 ultimate edition it says contact Microsoft support how can...: Won’t let me buy the game ea fc please can you help me purchase the game it says contact you everytime 279f09c6-d9bc-4aa4-8b48-429e1f9f514d
  8. My persona 5 royal keeps saying its corrupted. Desperate support needed.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My persona 5 royal keeps saying its corrupted. Desperate support needed.: To save data, I transferred Persona 5 Royal to my external storage. Then, when it came time to play it. PC Game Pass told me it was corrupted. If I verify and repair it, it might delete all my...
  9. Can’t sign into Xbox console says not supported in this region, however I’m in the UK no VPN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t sign into Xbox console says not supported in this region, however I’m in the UK no VPN: No VPN, normally works fine. Error Code 0x80a40401 Unable to sign in I’m in the UK, my region is set to England Tried resets, tried resets of router 0e24c655-f917-4b04-8d4f-a39f15ad9f7d
  10. My xbox says i am not in a region tgat supports xbox live but i pive in the uk what do i do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox says i am not in a region tgat supports xbox live but i pive in the uk what do i do?: My xbox says i am not in a region tgat supports xbox live but i pive in the uk what do i do? ad8fe32b-88c5-4328-8763-7a6068b1f88b