TV says "Check Device Power" whenever i connect my Xbox Series X to my tv.

Discus and support TV says "Check Device Power" whenever i connect my Xbox Series X to my tv. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Today I turned my xbox on. My xbox is indicating it is on and it is working. My controllers can even connect to it but my TV is saying "check device... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VerifiedKz, Nov 3, 2023.

1. VerifiedKz
    VerifiedKz Guest

Today I turned my xbox on. My xbox is indicating it is on and it is working. My controllers can even connect to it but my TV is saying "check device power" even though the xbox and its hdmi cables are securely connected. I would really appreciate help and advice from you guys to resolve this issue

:)

VerifiedKz, Nov 3, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi VerifiedKz, my name is Daniel. I am an independent advisor who is willing to help you.

For me, it is an honor to write to you and try to help you in any way possible, for my part I will do my best to try to solve any questions/problems you are presenting.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem with your TV, is it a Samsung brand by chance? I would like to ask you some questions:

- Have you verified that "Input Signal Plus" is enabled for the input you are using? You can find this setting in the "External Device Manager" menu.

- Is this the first time you use your console with this television? If this isn't the first time, have you recently changed your console's display settings?

- Have you already tried connecting your console to a different TV? Is this something you could try? Even if your TV can pick up your laptop, there could still be some issue with its HDR support.

- Do you have any external devices connected to your console?

I await your prompt response.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. SpAzZ H Win User

Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?

I have the Xbox series S/X. When I turn on my xbox it turns on as usual without any problems but when I switch to HDMI 1 or 2 on my TV it says "no signal" or "make sure connected device is turned on" when it is. And no nothing else is connected to the xbox.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox one won't turn on my insiginia tv when I turn the console on

Hi TexasMaster9351! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

HDMI-CEC is supported only on Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X. You must also enable HDMI-CEC on your TV.

Xbox Series X|S consoles can use an HDMI feature called Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) to send commands to and from CEC-enabled devices (such as TVs and AVRs) that are connected to the console.

This feature can be turned on and off via the TV & A/V power options settings screen. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Profile & system > Settings > General > Sleep mode & startup > TV & A/V power options.
  5. Chriseid Win User

Dolby digital on XBOX Series X

Hello,

I am having a very similar issue with an LG 4K TV and a Vizio soundbar that supports 5.1 Dolby digital and DTS. I connect my Xbox series x to the TV and use the ARC HDMI cable to connect to my soundbar. When I try to switch the audio output on my Xbox the only option is stereo uncompressed. I'm very confused. The audio config check on Xbox on my TV says it only supports stereo when I know for a fact my tv supports pass through surround.
  6. AndrewParkes Win User

green flickers when going to dashboard.xbox series x

I have a series x connected to a Philips Amerlight 65pus8535 I get 5he silver metallic screen playing x/s dedicated games and it also appears while using Disney plus app from my tv apps! Is this a problem with my tv or is it a Dolby vision problem, I have turned off the dolby for gaming and this worked but in the detail list on my Xbox series x it says that the dolby vision may experience distortion?
Thema:

1. TV says "Check Device Power" whenever i connect my Xbox Series X to my tv. - Similar Threads - says Check Device

2. When I go to my messages it says “ we can’t get all of your messages right now. Check back...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I go to my messages it says “ we can’t get all of your messages right now. Check back...: My chats will not pull up or show me any chats from the past d78b6435-e963-4b35-a5e7-d54dcf10ead7
  3. When ever i try to play a game its saying “check your network” even though i am online

in XBoX on Consoles
    When ever i try to play a game its saying “check your network” even though i am online: When ever i try to play a game its saying “check your network” even though i am online 02e83646-6549-4dd8-87d7-8502c9261a43
  4. Xbox says it's updating in the app but when I check there is no update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox says it's updating in the app but when I check there is no update: I went to open Xbox to figure out why stardew valley wasn't signed in and it says that its updating and it's at 0% however it's been at 0% days and Microsoft store says it doesnt need an update,...
  5. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  6. Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....: I’ve tried resetting my Xbox and hard turning it on and off. dfdb2707-7708-4ab8-9eff-c2cdcd990d69
  7. Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power": I have a new 55"q80C samsung 4k, I get a blue check mark for the xbox HDMI source but a red power button beside it even though the console is on and the tv keeps telling me to check device power....
  8. on my game it says im suspended from online multiplayer and communications but when i check...

in XBoX on Consoles
    on my game it says im suspended from online multiplayer and communications but when i check...: why does it say im suspended on my game but on the web it doesnt. 3cb5917a-4b46-4946-b14e-449909a1b6c0
  9. My xbox is not connecting to my samsung tv. The TV keeps saying check device power even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox is not connecting to my samsung tv. The TV keeps saying check device power even...: Xbox One X Samsung Neo Oled Smart TV Yes I have tried doing other hdmi cables and ports Could the problem be with the power supply of the Xbox? I have tried the connecting my switch to the TV...
  10. account or device ban/suspended bug. Checked the enforcement support section but it says I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    account or device ban/suspended bug. Checked the enforcement support section but it says I...: account or device ban/suspended bug. Checked the enforcement support section but it says I have no suspensions or enforcement history. Still can't sign in the xbox app on PC. Help please...