TV pvr voice commands no longer working

Discus and support TV pvr voice commands no longer working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason my voice commands for tv pvr functionality have stopped work, When I say "Xbox pause", I get a message at the top of the screen saying... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mobbzbobz, Feb 12, 2016.

1. mobbzbobz
    mobbzbobz Guest

For some reason my voice commands for tv pvr functionality have stopped work, When I say "Xbox pause", I get a message at the top of the screen saying "Unable to pause from current location" but if I pickup my xbox controller and select the on-screen pause
    button it will pause my pvr, the xbox media remote will also pause my pvr. All the channel changing and one guide commands still work. The pause command also works fine in other apps like Plex.

This is fairly annoying since these are the commands I probably use most.

:)

mobbzbobz, Feb 12, 2016
  2. OneGuide for Rogers PVR (Canada)

When using a voice command to go to a specific channel (xbox, watch comedy network), it changes to the correct channel but it brings up the Rogers PVR search window which blocks the screen. Then i need to press "EXIT" on the Rogers PVR remote, which essentially
    negates the voice command feature because I need the remote in hand any way.

I would assume the voice command invokes an IR blast to the remote which is making the remote hit multiple buttons. Any thoughts? Other than that, the TV integration is fantastic, I just cant use a voice command to change channels yet

InsomniacMatt, Feb 12, 2016
  3. TV and PVR have stopped responding to Kinect commands recently

Hi All,

My TV Set up is as follows

• TV: Philips 32PFL5405H (32'' TV)
    • PVR: Samsung BD-E8900M - a Blu-ray Player with PVR / STB functionality.
    Kinect is directly above the TV and the PVR is in a small cabinet below the TV with clear glass doors.

In setting up the TV on the Xbox One, it did not detect the TV correctly (as Philips is not listed as one of the manufacturers) but it did detect the automatically detect the PVR as a Samsung and set a Remote Code.

It was able to adjust the volume up and down or mute the volume when a voice command was issued (I believe that it was the Samsung PVR that was receiving the commands and was passing the controls through to the TV).

This worked OK until recently (perhaps until the latest update, but I cannot be sure), but now does not appear to be functioning.

• The Kinect is working and responds to voice commands (e.g. Go To Titanfall, etc.)
    • The Kinect IR Blaster appears to be working (the red dot beside the Xbox logo / white light comes on when trying to issue a TV command.
    • The Kinect, Xbox, TV or PVR have not been moved recently.
    • I have been through all of the Walkthroughs / How-To' and articles on Xbox Support
    As a troubleshooting step, I have Cleared the Device / TV settings in Xbox One settings and tried to detect the TV / STB again. However, now it won't even detect the Samsung PVR as it did before.

I would be grateful for any assistance in restoring functionality to this set up as the ability for the Xbox One to control all the attached devices is a wonderful feature and is sorely missed now that it is not working for me.

Even if there was a way to go through a list of "Remote Codes" that could be entered manually in the Troubleshooting options in Xbox One Settings so I can manually enter the remote code for my devices, that would help.

Thanks,

F.

Fingleberries, Feb 12, 2016
  4. der Kiser
    der Kiser Guest

Same here just started happening this week. I tried removing the tuner and setting it back up again in the Kinect settings and still getting "can't pause here" error. Weirdly enough the Xbox controller can pause rewind and play now problem.

der Kiser, Feb 12, 2016
  5. mobbzbobz
    mobbzbobz Guest
    I did a full reboot on the xbox and appears to have fixed it, just hold down the xbox button on the box for 5-10 seconds or so

mobbzbobz, Feb 12, 2016
  6. wow it is acting squreelie right now.. 4 attempt to say I To have the "cant from this page". issue and when i say pause or rewind i get same thing 'cant from this page".. it will not ..change page when in my game or app.. i say next page it makes the sound
    but never go to next or previous page.. must manually do it.. been like a week like this.. Help... will try the reboot..

Smooth2Silk63, Nov 2, 2018
  7. der Kiser Win User

Same here just started happening this week. I tried removing the tuner and setting it back up again in the Kinect settings and still getting "can't pause here" error. Weirdly enough the Xbox controller can pause rewind and play now problem.
  8. mobbzbobz Win User

I did a full reboot on the xbox and appears to have fixed it, just hold down the xbox button on the box for 5-10 seconds or so
  9. Smooth2Silk63 Win User

wow it is acting squreelie right now.. 4 attempt to say I To have the "cant from this page". issue and when i say pause or rewind i get same thing 'cant from this page".. it will not ..change page when in my game or app.. i say next page it makes the sound
    but never go to next or previous page.. must manually do it.. been like a week like this.. Help... will try the reboot..
  10. obas Win User

Xbox One users - Please provide best method for setting up remote

I've found just by observation, that if I turn that xbox off with the remote or the console button, the "Xbox On" voice command is not working. If I command it to turn off with my voice it seems to turn back on with my voice. Though this is anecdotal, but
    the Turn on seems to work better for me this way. It do have "instant on" configured in the power settings.

Also I'm having trouble with the TV running through the xbox with my cable box. The TV stream will pause and continue playing after a few seconds. I've had it working correctly for a few day prior but the cablebox seems to reset and the trouble returns.
    I'm going to replace the pvr, then if that doesn't work not run my TV signal through the Xbox. It's been a nightmare getting this configured from day one.
  11. obas Win User

So I threw in the towel....

I also I'm going to throw the towel in on this feature, this feature was not ready for go live IMO. It works somewhat periodically but should have labeled in in BETA and not sold as a feature.

Here are my unresolved issues..

1. Output resolution of cable box switches and causes picture freezing in Live TV. CableBox incorrectly wants to default to 480p while connected to xbox, no issues while connected to TV.

2. "Xbox On" only works when voice command used to turn off the system. Remote, Controller, or button disables the voice 'on' command on my machine.

3. Limited or no functionality to control PVR recording through One Guide.

4. Limited support by Harmony in configuring the remote to work nicely with Xbox One's unique setup configuration. As the PVR and XBOX one can not coexist as cable source devices and both are required to control the all features.

5. Setting to slow IR blaster input to PVR seems to get undone causing One Guide not to change channels.

6. Day One disappointment I almost forgot; No HDMI pass-though while the xbox is off (WTF)

I also was interested in xbox because of this feature and it's a dud on day one.
Thema:

1. TV pvr voice commands no longer working - Similar Threads - pvr voice commands

2. Xbox One X - PVR (UK Freeview)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - PVR (UK Freeview)?: Hi all, My kids have been hinting that they'd love a new console for Christmas with PS4 Pro being their first choice. It's hard to justify a spend of that size to be honest but if the console had...
  3. Losing sound when skipping PVR content

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Losing sound when skipping PVR content: I have a Bell Fibe VIP2262 PVR set-top-box connected to my Xbox One to use with OneGuide but have an intermittent problem with the sound. When I'm skipping PVR content or buffered content (e.g....
  4. OTA pvr functionality?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    OTA pvr functionality?: Hi there, I'm thinking of picking up an Xbox One soon but need to know if I can record tv shows OTA? I know from you other support page that purchasing the correct USB tuner and antenna will get...
  5. Trying to use TV App while Xbox One is connected to HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to use TV App while Xbox One is connected to HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition: Hello, I have an issue with attepting to watch live TV on my Xbox One while it's connected to my HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition. I've attempted to contact Hauppage Support, but that did not solve...
  6. TV and PVR have stopped responding to Kinect commands recently

in XBoX Games and Apps
    TV and PVR have stopped responding to Kinect commands recently: Hi All, My TV Set up is as follows TV: Philips 32PFL5405H (32'' TV) PVR: Samsung BD-E8900M - a Blu-ray Player with PVR / STB functionality. Kinect is directly above the TV and the PVR is in...
  7. OneGuide for Rogers PVR (Canada)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    OneGuide for Rogers PVR (Canada): When using a voice command to go to a specific channel (xbox, watch comedy network), it changes to the correct channel but it brings up the Rogers PVR search window which blocks the screen. Then...
  8. xbox one built in pvr

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one built in pvr: xbox should add an option to continue the recording. meaning when i start the recording after 5 minutes the clip ends and it should automatically start recording another 5 minutes again. as i...
  9. Any cord cutters use a PVR?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any cord cutters use a PVR?: Re-cutting my cord soon, Time-Warner is just not worth it, and since the One doesn't seem to have any plans to support media center, does anyone recommend an HD antenna PVR combo that works with...
  10. Watch / Record TV with an HD PVR 2 on the Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Watch / Record TV with an HD PVR 2 on the Xbox One?: Is there a way to watch TV on the xbox one with the hauppauge HD PVR 2? {tried connecting my cable box to the HDMI in port on the xbox one and had my HD PVR 2 out towards my TV which also is...