TV Device Control

Discus and support TV Device Control in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have just got a new LG 43 inch TV, and I'm setting it up with my Xbox One to allow it to be controlled by the Xbox, during the guided setup the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by the louster2903, Dec 26, 2015.

1. TV Device Control

I have just got a new LG 43 inch TV, and I'm setting it up with my Xbox One to allow it to be controlled by the Xbox, during the guided setup the entire thing works fine, it sends all of the commands to my TV and the TV receives them, however after the setup
    is finished when I use my media remote or my voice nothing happens, it does not work at all, although it still turns the TV on and off on startup and shutdown, have tried a lot of things to fix it and can't find anything else online. It is very annoying having
    to use multiple remotes when watching Netflix on my Xbox, any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

TV model: LG 43LF590V

:)

the louster2903, Dec 26, 2015
  2. Xbox Mute needs to be sent twice to Samsung HW E350

Thanks Hanzo. What other devices you have?

In TV & OneGuide settings -> Device control -> Power settings, what are things set to there?

In device control -> each device (TV, AVR, STB) -> Enter remote code, what codeset value is listed (something like T2051, C1982, etc).

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Dec 26, 2015
  3. Koop10010
    Koop10010 Guest
    Hdmi

Nope, the Xbox One lacks HDMI-CEC, also called "control over HDMI". That enables devices to turn on the TV, switch it's inputs or use the TV controller to control them. For a supposedly all-in-one device, it's a pretty big oversight.

Koop10010, Dec 26, 2015
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

TV Device Control

Do you have your XBOX setup as instant on or energy saving mode?

{Parity}, Dec 26, 2015
  5. Instant on, always have done.

the louster2903, Oct 31, 2018
  6. {Parity} Win User

TV Device Control

Do you have your XBOX setup as instant on or energy saving mode?
  7. the louster2903 Win User

TV Device Control

Instant on, always have done.
  8. Koop10010 Win User

Hdmi

Nope, the Xbox One lacks HDMI-CEC, also called "control over HDMI". That enables devices to turn on the TV, switch it's inputs or use the TV controller to control them. For a supposedly all-in-one device, it's a pretty big oversight.
  9. ArminatorX Win User

TV and Oneguide device control

The Xbox controls devices via Infrared signals only. So make sure that during setting up the controls on your Xbox console, that the soundbar really turns on and off.

Then also make sure that you tell the console in the settings that the soundbar should turn on and off when the console turns on and off.
  10. {Parity} Win User

TV and Oneguide device control

See if this
    LINK
    helps you sort it out.
Thema:

TV Device Control

1. TV Device Control - Similar Threads - Device Control

2. fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)

in XBoX on Windows
    fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed): TRIED SCP TOOLKIT my controller is a copy of the original dualshock 3 controller. 523e77b9-9ef3-46f6-a19a-79d5fd97cea0
  3. Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.: As the title says it, I cannot connect my controller wirelessly or with a wire. Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Ram: 16gb Mobo: Gigabyte B550 UD AC-Y1 SSD: WD sn750 se 1tb I have tried to...
  4. is Tv device control compatible with a onn tv?

in XBoX on Consoles
    is Tv device control compatible with a onn tv?: unsure on what to do [img] 80d02b12-2584-4a16-9162-895c5101c70a
  5. Why does my Xbox Controller not show up in Device Manager?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Controller not show up in Device Manager?: I had an Xbox Controller that was working on Tuesday. Yesterday, it stopped working. Yesterday, in Device Manager, it said "Device Descriptor Request Failed", and I followed several guides online...
  6. Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device: What it says, i found a locked thread about exactly the same issue but none of the fixes work for me. cannot roll back the firmware on xbox accessories and the trick with human interface devices...
  7. I accidentally deleted my Xbox controller from my device manager and i can't find a way to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally deleted my Xbox controller from my device manager and i can't find a way to...: Can anyone tell me a way to do that? 068f9475-6371-44bc-a8ef-b669c2fa71ca
  8. why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro?...: why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro? Does it have access to any of my information? Why would I want xbox app to control my device? I don't...
  9. Using Xbox controller with 2 different Bluetooth devices.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using Xbox controller with 2 different Bluetooth devices.: The Xbox Series X controller's feature that enables you to switch between two different Bluetooth devices has changed in the last controller firmware update. It used to be that if you had a PC...
  10. USB device malfunctioning. Turning the controller on disconnects the dongle.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    USB device malfunctioning. Turning the controller on disconnects the dongle.: So, I have had some problems with my Cosmic Byte Ares Wireless Controller for a while now. It used to connect fine sometimes, and I thought it was a loose connection due to which it might not be...