TV Device Control

Discus and support TV Device Control in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have just got a new LG 43 inch TV, and I'm setting it up with my Xbox One to allow it to be controlled by the Xbox, during the guided setup the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by the louster2903, Dec 26, 2015.

1. TV Device Control

I have just got a new LG 43 inch TV, and I'm setting it up with my Xbox One to allow it to be controlled by the Xbox, during the guided setup the entire thing works fine, it sends all of the commands to my TV and the TV receives them, however after the setup
    is finished when I use my media remote or my voice nothing happens, it does not work at all, although it still turns the TV on and off on startup and shutdown, have tried a lot of things to fix it and can't find anything else online. It is very annoying having
    to use multiple remotes when watching Netflix on my Xbox, any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

TV model: LG 43LF590V

:)

the louster2903, Dec 26, 2015
  2. Xbox Mute needs to be sent twice to Samsung HW E350

Thanks Hanzo. What other devices you have?

In TV & OneGuide settings -> Device control -> Power settings, what are things set to there?

In device control -> each device (TV, AVR, STB) -> Enter remote code, what codeset value is listed (something like T2051, C1982, etc).

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Dec 26, 2015
  3. Koop10010
    Koop10010 Guest
    Hdmi

Nope, the Xbox One lacks HDMI-CEC, also called "control over HDMI". That enables devices to turn on the TV, switch it's inputs or use the TV controller to control them. For a supposedly all-in-one device, it's a pretty big oversight.

Koop10010, Dec 26, 2015
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

TV Device Control

Do you have your XBOX setup as instant on or energy saving mode?

{Parity}, Dec 26, 2015
  5. Instant on, always have done.

the louster2903, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

TV Device Control