TV Channels get shrunk!

Discus and support TV Channels get shrunk! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Not sure how else to put this other than my resolution is getting screwed up on certain channels (standard def I believe) Example: ESPN HD is the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FerozVR, Jan 16, 2014.

1. FerozVR
    FerozVR Guest

TV Channels get shrunk!

Not sure how else to put this other than my resolution is getting screwed up on certain channels (standard def I believe)

Example:

ESPN HD is the best quality. That channel is perfect when viewed using the Xbox One. But when I switched for my kids to the Hub network, a network that isn't really HD, the picture was shrunk to a smaller square.Before when the DirecTv was hooked up to my
    receiver instead of Xbox, the channel at least filled the screen.

Obviously I can switch the Display Mode to Zoom, but then whenever I go back to another channel, say ESPN, it stays on Zoom when it should be native.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!!

:)

FerozVR, Jan 16, 2014
  2. Hdmi and Dvi problems

Are you connecting an Xbox 360 or an Xbox One to the TV?

On some TVs, if an HDMI-connected device is causing a shrunken output, there should be a TV setting that adjusts "overscan", which adjusts the size of the output on the screen.

Internet Expert, Jan 16, 2014
  3. ZurlaZ
    ZurlaZ Guest
    Freeview HD

Hi, I've order a IR reciver. As for the to HD TV I've reset the One Guide and rescanned but still no HD channels. I've reset my TV as-well and rescanned to check, I still get HD channels on the TV extremely strange.

ZurlaZ, Jan 16, 2014
  4. ZurlaZ Win User

Freeview HD

Hi, I've order a IR reciver. As for the to HD TV I've reset the One Guide and rescanned but still no HD channels. I've reset my TV as-well and rescanned to check, I still get HD channels on the TV extremely strange.
  5. UneasyJmitchell Win User

Did I see a shrink ray in the new zombie video?

Honey, I shrunk the "zombs"?
  6. Jacyintha Win User

wifi probs slim 360

Wirless Turtle Beach headsets use 2.4ghz on ALL channels. Channels are like tv channels - its like flipping between channels and getting the same show on each one.

So if its wireless, try turning it off.
  7. SammyVS Win User

Xbox screen is shrunk

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Press and hold the console power button until the console turns off, remove the power cord and HDMI cable. Remove the batteries from your controller for a few minutes.

After a few minutes, plug the cables into your console, put the batteries in your controller, and try powering up the console with your controller and see if that solves the problem.

If the problem persists reset the console to factory defaults, you won't lose anything but you will need to log in with your account again. Email and password are required.

Follow this path and select reset keeping games and app.
    In 5 to 10 minutes you will finish reconfiguring your console

To reset the console>
    Settings> System> Console Info> Reset Console

***Do not reset your console without having your account email and password.***
  8. RippenHarra Win User

xbox one and freeview

Freeview is what we call digital TV in Australia, and it sounds the same as the UK. It's not a box it's just standard TV but with heaps of channels it also has community channels, our federal parliament and radio. You would have to have TV with a hdmi out
    to get it to go to the Xbox.
Thema:

TV Channels get shrunk!

1. TV Channels get shrunk! - Similar Threads - Channels shrunk

2. Suggestion | Left/Right Channel Balance

in XBoX Accessibility
    Suggestion | Left/Right Channel Balance: Hello, I have slight hearing loss and I was wondering/suggesting a Left/Right channel balance like there is on Windows. For a company that parades its forwardness towards people with...
  3. Problems with Xbox Party groups and voice channels on Discord.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Problems with Xbox Party groups and voice channels on Discord.: Hello everyone, for about 3 weeks I have been having a lot of problems when I joined an Xbox party. To begin with, the profile does not load correctly when I join or create a party group (it...
  4. What to do if my identity of my face, Private information is exposed on a YouTube channel...

in XBoX on Windows
    What to do if my identity of my face, Private information is exposed on a YouTube channel...: A gamer from Xbox name. [Gt:Wolfologies] Has exposed My personal and private information of my identity of my face and private information on their YouTube channel called. YouTube channel:...
  5. Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...: All of my drivers are up to date. I was having an issue with discord not detecting my mic so I ran a test on it and the levels were appearing just not in discord. I gave up on it, then went to...
  6. Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels)

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels): Something has changed with Dolby Atmos on my Series X. The test tone plays fine, Atmos films and native Atmos games play fine, but anything that isn't native Atmos (where the app/Xbox is...
  7. Center Channel Audio has vanished

in XBoX on Consoles
    Center Channel Audio has vanished: Audio before purchase of Xbox Series X: perfect and perfectly calibrated Audio after purchase of Xbox Series X: stereo front speakers only, center channel has vanished I have a Marantz receiver,...
  8. Help! Discord is being dumb and is unable to connect to a voice channel.

in XboX Insiders
    Help! Discord is being dumb and is unable to connect to a voice channel.: So I’m tying to talk with my friend and stuff and randomly when I try to join my Xbox is unable to connect to the discord voice channel. I tried restarting my WiFi and unplugging my Xbox and all...
  9. ** HAVE DUPLAX APP PLZ HEL.. i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ** HAVE DUPLAX APP PLZ HEL.. i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for...: been triang to use the remote media i cant use to change channels only the control for playing witch it does let s me use the control left joy not the arrow button will there be an option to...
  10. have duplex app i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for using the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    have duplex app i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for using the...: been triang to use the remote media i cant use to change channels only the control for playing witch it does let s me use the control left joy not the arrow button will there be an option to...