TV auto restart issue with XBOX Series X

Discus and support TV auto restart issue with XBOX Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi All, My XBOX Series X is having a strange issue. Whichever TV we connect and play after a while the TV starts behaving in a weird way. It keeps... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Arun Srinivasa Rao, Aug 31, 2023.

1. TV auto restart issue with XBOX Series X

Hi All,

My XBOX Series X is having a strange issue. Whichever TV we connect and play after a while the TV starts behaving in a weird way. It keeps automatically restarting and keeps doing it until you switch off the power. Anyone has faced this issue?

:)

Arun Srinivasa Rao, Aug 31, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Arun Srinivasa Rao,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you notice a strange behavior of your TV ever since it was connected to an Xbox Console. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Just to confirm if we got your concern correctly, is the TV restarting behavior happens when the TV is connected to the Xbox Console?

Or will this behavior happen when the TV is no longer connected to Xbox Console?

This behavior could be related to how your Xbox Series X was set in power option. If your Xbox Console is set to sleep or in a customized power options instead of shutting down. The TV will restart and open for use when the controller is pressed.

May we confirm what was set as your Xbox Console power options? Please check by following the steps below:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power options.

If you prefer the console to be shut down when the device is turned off. Please select Shutdown (energy saving).

For more details about the power options of Xbox Console, please check this support article: About power options on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. les lane Win User

HDR / Dolby Vision no longer working on Xbox Series X

…LG C2 vs Xbox Series X no signal issues…turn off Auto low-latency mode on the Xbox series x…it’s conflicting with lg c2 Auto low-latency mode…
  5. Clay E. White Win User

Xbox series X has no in game sound but has sound on dashboard and everywhere else

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately happens on others TV’s as well, but even if it was/is a Samsung issue Microsoft should have:

1. Owned the issue and report it to their customer base. Auto manufacturers, drug companies, and food distributors etc ALL routinely send out notifications to owners and the general public regarding product defects/ recalls, etc. Microsoft never does

2. Samsung is one of the biggest TV manufacturers in the world, Microsoft should be working hand-in hand with Samsung for a solution if it truly is a Samsung issue

3. ONLY the Xbox-Series X has this issue, No other, including the Series S which is the “little brother” of the Series X

4. The issue is the Series X
  6. JetShark19 Win User

Xbox One X - No HDMI Signal

Ive had the same problems with my Xbox Series X, try restarting your tv or monitor.
Thema:

1. TV auto restart issue with XBOX Series X - Similar Threads - auto restart issue

2. I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...

in XBoX on Windows
    I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...: Is there any way to get it back? 7b2f01a3-6268-4912-bdd3-af574b74e876
  3. Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?: Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s? c7531c5d-ab58-4f9d-8106-b7206357bd12
  4. Xbox One Microsoft Rewards set to auto redeem randomly, wont let me cancel even after doing so.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Microsoft Rewards set to auto redeem randomly, wont let me cancel even after doing so.: Alright so today I was looking at some gift cards on my Xbox One to see what I could get in the future, and I was looking at auto redeem, for some reason the 10$ Xbox Gift Card option was set to...
  5. Minecraft bedrock auto restart when connecting to microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock auto restart when connecting to microsoft account: Hello, so i purchased minecraft from Play Store and when I press Sign in, it said Connecting... and then it's automatically restart the game (It should redirect you to sign in website) and it...
  6. Xbox won't auto restart after update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox won't auto restart after update: Hi so this is my 6th time trying to download the new update, but everytime it's done my xbox won't restart ? Any help please. Been stuck like this for an hour submitted by /u/ThrasherDanny...
  7. Auto Restart on Downloads after forced stop due to network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto Restart on Downloads after forced stop due to network: This has happened a few times too many. I leave the console on for overnight downloads due to my internet speed not being fast, so I leave it running when a game is like 70gb. But the next...
  8. Auto Restart Downloads after a forced stop due to a network error

in XboX Insiders
    Auto Restart Downloads after a forced stop due to a network error: This has happened a few times too many. I leave the console on for overnight downloads due to my internet speed not being fast, so I leave it running when a game is like 70gb. But the next...
  9. Xbox 1S Won't auto restart downloads after dsl disconnect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1S Won't auto restart downloads after dsl disconnect: My internet provider (CenturyLink) drops my 5mb/s DSL line 4-5 times a day. I am trying to download 6 new Xbox games to my brand new XBOX 1S. The installation says "installation stopped."...
  10. Xbox 360 auto restart after connecting to Xbox live...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 auto restart after connecting to Xbox live...: When I connect to my xbox 360 live account my Xbox 360 will restart within a few seconds. The problem originated after attempting to download Halo Reach (free with Gold). There was a problem with...