Turtle Beach Recon 50x Headset Not Working / General Headset Issues

Discus and support Turtle Beach Recon 50x Headset Not Working / General Headset Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a turtle beach recon 50x Headset, which is one of the cheaper headsets, but is mostly good. However I've had issues with it. Here are some... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Percy James, Sep 21, 2023.

1. Percy James
    Percy James Guest

I have a turtle beach recon 50x Headset, which is one of the cheaper headsets, but is mostly good. However I've had issues with it. Here are some possible Headset issues and points:

1. Try unplugging the controller the Headset is plugged into. Especially first time you connect a Headset, it won't be recognised unless the controller was plugged in to in to Xbox with the Headset in.

2. Try meddling with the volume dial.

I wasn't able to hear anything for a week or so but the mic worked and I was able to be heard by others. One day I was just twiddling the volume dial and it crackled into sound. Try finding a sweet spot in the volume dial and keep it there.

3. On the recon 50x the actual microphone plugs out and it plugs in very firmly. Ensure it is fully pushed in.

4. You may need to download the Headset or Controller provider's App via the Xbox and see if the item needs an Update from the App. Even wired controllers gets updates!

5. Try clearing your consoles cloud data or MAC address data. Follow the prompts thru your profile to look into this. If you aren't getting sound it could be an internet connection speed issue.

6. Make sure the Headset gets sound thru another item e.g your mobile phone. If it does then it's an xbox hardware issue

7. Last but not least keep all your receipts for warranty purposes. Especially if you buy online most companies will just send you a new one especially for a cheaper product (under 50 $ ) without too much hassle. It could be a number of things : in particular the headphone socket, on the device itself or the controller. Eliminate all possible routes before doing this but always bear in mind it's a possibility to ask for a new one as long as you're within the warranty time frame.

Those are my thoughts. My Recon 50x worked with my mobile phone but gave me nothing via Xbox. By mistake I found that the volume had gone weird and I had to mess around for a while getting the sound to come in but it did.

:)

Percy James, Sep 21, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: