Turnt on HDMI CEC, wanted a restart now won't display anything and turns off after 1 minute

Discus and support Turnt on HDMI CEC, wanted a restart now won't display anything and turns off after 1 minute in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I hope this is okay to post here. I have this issue which basically says in all from the title. I've searched the web but for whatever... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/callum_focus, Apr 8, 2023.

1. Turnt on HDMI CEC, wanted a restart now won't display anything and turns off after 1 minute

Hi everyone. I hope this is okay to post here.

I have this issue which basically says in all from the title. I've searched the web but for whatever reason I can't find the same thing happening.

So this morning I've turnt my series x on and was having a gander through the settings and it came up with HDMI CEC, now I've never heard or known about this but reading about it sounded like a good idea to enable.

Once enabled the console asked to do a restart, standard stuff, but it never restarted. After a few minutes I've then manually pressed the xbox button on the console and it turnt on but didn't display anything on my TV, a Samsung smart 4k TV that its worked fine on till now. The controller wouldn't connect to the console and then it turnt itself off after 1 minute. Everytime I try it repeats this. I've tried the reset steps I can find online and I've tried other tvs but nothing.

I can't imagine that enabling HDMI CEC has broken the console but it was fine until it wanted a restart after enabling it. The console is only a few months old, bought from Game UK, so would be under warranty but is there anything anyone could suggest before having to try and get in contact with Microsoft?

Thanks in advance for any advice suggested

submitted by /u/callum_focus
    [link] [comments]

/u/callum_focus, Apr 8, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Turnt on HDMI CEC, wanted a restart now won't display anything and turns off after 1 minute