Turning on wireless headset won't turn off sound on TV automatically

Discus and support Turning on wireless headset won't turn off sound on TV automatically in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is this a limitation of XBOX ONE? on my ps4, turning on a headset will turn off the tv sound. Turtle Beach 420x+ 5ac954d1-54f1-4fa6-b8f0-662c669c7366 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BOOMgoesTheRick, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Turning on wireless headset won't turn off sound on TV automatically

Is this a limitation of XBOX ONE? on my ps4, turning on a headset will turn off the tv sound.

Turtle Beach 420x+

:)

BOOMgoesTheRick, Jul 17, 2017
  2. kevin
    kevin Guest
    How to connect and use an Xbox wireless headset

Connect a wireless headset to a console

To connect a wireless headset to a console, follow the steps bellow:

• First you need to turn on your console and wireless headset.
    • You have to press and then release the connect button on your console.
    • Within 20 seconds, you also have to press and hold the connect button on the back of the wireless headset for two seconds.
    Notes:

• Each connected controller can have an associated headset.
    • The Xbox 360 Wireless Headset works with 30 feet (9 meters) of your console.

Use your wireless headset

You can turn the headset on or off pressing the power button on the headset.

The headset automatically turns off when you shutdown the console or when it is idle two minutes.

You can adjust the volume pressing the + or – button. To mute the headset, you need to press and hold the power button.

kevin, Jul 17, 2017
  3. Octomom
    Octomom Guest
    I bought the Limited Edition Console and didn't get a wireless headset with it and it doesn't play the MW3 Sounds

I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to come with the wireless headset, just a regular one. It should play MW3 sounds for disc eject and for turning it on/off but only if you use the buttons on the console itself (ei if you turn it on with the controller it
    won't make the sounds).

Octomom, Jul 17, 2017
  4. Turning on wireless headset won't turn off sound on TV automatically

This is not currently possible. You'll just have to turn down your TV volume (or mute) whenever you use your headset.

Consider submitting your votes
    here
    on the Xbox feedback website, I put in a search term to link you to the headset muting threads to vote on. When an idea gets enough votes, it gets put up for Microsoft's official consideration.

Internet Expert, Jul 17, 2017
  5. Thx I voted...not much interest tho

BOOMgoesTheRick, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Internet Expert Win User

This is not currently possible. You'll just have to turn down your TV volume (or mute) whenever you use your headset.

here
    on the Xbox feedback website, I put in a search term to link you to the headset muting threads to vote on. When an idea gets enough votes, it gets put up for Microsoft's official consideration.
  7. BOOMgoesTheRick Win User

here
    Thx I voted...not much interest tho
  8. Octomom Win User

I bought the Limited Edition Console and didn't get a wireless headset with it and it doesn't play the MW3 Sounds

I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to come with the wireless headset, just a regular one. It should play MW3 sounds for disc eject and for turning it on/off but only if you use the buttons on the console itself (ei if you turn it on with the controller it
    won't make the sounds).
  9. Paraffin Alien Win User

Xbox 360s controller

All instructions always state to turn on the TV first. But I think I`m going to throw a spanner in the works, lol

My TV is off, my console is off, my wireless controller is off.

So, I turn on my wireless controller first, which automatically turns on the console. Therefore the controller has connected to the turned off console in order to turn it on, lol

I`m finding this thread so amusing
  10. ArminatorX Win User

usb sound cards

I got them connected to tv, but when i connect microphone the speakers turn off, and i dont want to use headset
    Your TV speakers turn off when you connect a microphone?

It might be, that you have set your audio settings to use headphone sound, whenever a headset is connected.

Go to the settings under Display and Sound, and turn off the option to have the sound output to the headphones.

Then you should be able to have a microphone connected to the controller, without the sound from the TV going out.
Thema:

1. Turning on wireless headset won't turn off sound on TV automatically - Similar Threads - Turning wireless headset

2. Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...: Xbox wireless headset won't turn on . No lights . Nothing. It just randomly quit working outta nowhere. I tried hard reset , plugging into Xbox, plugging into the wall. Nothing ! It's not my...
  3. Feature request: Option to disable "turn on Xbox when turning on Wireless headsets"

in XboX Insiders
    Feature request: Option to disable "turn on Xbox when turning on Wireless headsets": Hi. I hope the Xbox team is reading this subreddit. This is a direct feature request for Xbox. Headsets paired with an Xbox wirelessly will automatically turn on the console, with no way to...
  4. Wireless headset keeps turning on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset keeps turning on Xbox: Microsoft, its over 2 years and you still did nothing regarding giving us an option to disable turning on the console by turning on the headset. It's very annoying. I use it on PC and Xbox. I...
  5. Xbox Wireless Headset - How to stop it from turning on Xbox when using on PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset - How to stop it from turning on Xbox when using on PC?: Hello everybody, I have an Xbox Wireless headset and while I was only using it for my Xbox, everything was fine. It works perfectly. However, I recently built a PC to play iRacing and to my...
  6. My wireless Xbox headset won’t stay on when I have it plugged in and won’t turn on if it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wireless Xbox headset won’t stay on when I have it plugged in and won’t turn on if it’s...: This has happened once before and I did try doing a hard reset on it which I think fixed it the first time, but this time it’s not working. It’s been discharged for a few months but last time I...
  7. Xbox wireless headset turns on for a sec then turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset turns on for a sec then turns off: It happened when the battery level was at critical, I turned it off and charged it for a bit when I came back to turn it on it would turn on for a sec then turn off. Can someone help me...
  8. My Xbox Wireless headset won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Wireless headset won't turn on: I was playing my game and saw it was about to die, so I turned it off and left to go do something. Then I came back and plugged it in, and I didn't see the orange light that is normally there when...
  9. Will be there an option to disable turning on console for Xbox Wireless Headset? (Anoying...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will be there an option to disable turning on console for Xbox Wireless Headset? (Anoying...: Hello Is there an option for developers to add setting that allow to disable turning on console for Xbox Wireless Headset? Every time I turn on my headset for purpose of pc or phone usage my xbox...
  10. Xbox wireless headset wont turn on but the mic light is on help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset wont turn on but the mic light is on help!: I tried to reset my xbox wireless headset because it wouldn't pair to my xbox. So I tried to reset it now it is powered off and the mic is still on and when plugged in it wont take charge...