Turning Off Friend Notification Pop-Ups While Watching TV, Videos Or Blu-Rays

Discus and support Turning Off Friend Notification Pop-Ups While Watching TV, Videos Or Blu-Rays in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is a great feature on the xbox 360 Will it come onto xbox one anytime soon? It's quite annoying watching tv, DVDs or Blu rays and notification... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cremegg, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Cremegg
    Cremegg Guest

This is a great feature on the xbox 360 Will it come onto xbox one anytime soon? It's quite annoying watching tv, DVDs or Blu rays and notification popping up I'm in the preview program but can't find the preview forum

:)

Cremegg, Jun 9, 2014
  2. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    Xbox One notification location

Or you couldgo to settings and turn off the notifications so they don't pop while watching videos. Job done.

John Dowding, Jun 9, 2014
  3. Icebërg
    Icebërg Guest
    xbox 360 - Netflix app - Notifications problem.

Still showing notifications during play back of videos while streaming netflix. Receiving pop ups whenever a friend logs in. Have done all suggested items from you Miss Diggz.

Icebërg, Jun 9, 2014
  4. Turning Off Friend Notification Pop-Ups While Watching TV, Videos Or Blu-Rays

Hello InTranceWeTrust,

The easiest way to counter the pop-up notifications at this point in time is to make some adjustments to your
    Friends Favorites list. Only your Favorites display the notification.

Hope this helps!

pinkMISTdemon, Jun 13, 2014
  5. pinkMISTdemon Win User

Hello InTranceWeTrust,

The easiest way to counter the pop-up notifications at this point in time is to make some adjustments to your
    Friends Favorites list. Only your Favorites display the notification.

Hope this helps!
  6. Cremegg Win User

June update preview

I'm in the preview program

One thing for me and probs for most people is while watching tv, is notifications popping up

As with the xbox 360this can be turned off while watching a DVD or video

Will this feature be implemented in future for the xbox one?
  7. John Dowding Win User

Xbox One notification location

Or you couldgo to settings and turn off the notifications so they don't pop while watching videos. Job done.
  8. braunman Win User

XBOX restarts when channel changed

It was semi-answered earlier but I'll have a go at explaining it for you.

HDMI, unlike component video, is a truly digital signal which allows a device to communicate 2-way with whatever it is connected to. It helps if you think of it as similar to a USB connection, where a computer can directly communicate with an external device
    rather than just blindly grab whatever is transmitted.

Using HDMI allows you to do some really cool things. TVs now are pretty smart and can process data, not just audio/visual stuff. For example, if I'm watching normal tv and I turn my blu ray player on, it automatically switches the tv's channel to the blu
    ray one. If you turn the TV off, the blu ray player will turn off. Similarly if I turn off the blu ray player by itself the TV then switches back to broadcast TV.

Relating to your problem I'm not sure about the xbox, but my blu ray player actually has an option to disable HDMI's smarter features. There's probably something very similar buried in the console's settings. Hope this helps!
  9. KLARKWGRIZWALD Win User

Friend Notifications

Exactly, the notifications should be for favorites only.

The people complaining about this feature don't realize that even the 360 had a option to turn those notifications off totally, or only when watching video. Just because you don't want a pop-up while your watching TV doesn't mean they should totally do
    away with a feature that 99% of the other gamers loved and used. Bring it back for Favorite friends and give the option to the 1% to turn it off.

and to "tohellnbak"

Please work on your reading comprehension. I listed 3 updates this could have been included in. Of course they aren't going to patch/update the entire system for one feature. SMH
Thema:

1. Turning Off Friend Notification Pop-Ups While Watching TV, Videos Or Blu-Rays - Similar Threads - Turning Off Friend

2. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  3. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off: So ive recently switched tvs and i usually have my xbox turn the tv on and off because it saves me time and focus and the roku tv does not respond to the inputs, so i was wondering if its possible...
  5. How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section: Every single time I open up my friends list menu a “happening now” side bar pops up and shows me party’s I can join how do I turn that off 3da07d63-a350-4859-8682-f07a5a724de0
  6. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  7. How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox: I have a handful of friend's that stream from their xbox via the live stream option on their console. People on their friend list that are also online get bombarded with (1st notification) That...
  8. Turn off notification when friends launch the xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Turn off notification when friends launch the xbox app: Hello together Now that the notifications for friends coming online are going again - the situation has gone in an annoying direction. I now get messages even when friends just launch the xbox...
  9. How do I turn off auto friend on bedrock mc?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I turn off auto friend on bedrock mc?: I am a streamer and I have a huge problem of my subscribers friending me on Minecraft! They will randomly join when I’m making content, is there a way to turn off auto friend or to have a auto...
  10. How do I turn off incoming friend requests?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I turn off incoming friend requests?: I’m aware of the bot situation on xbox, and before it was managable without any real inconvenience, just block and move on. But recently I have been getting an absolute massive influx of...