Turning off age restrictions on my Microsoft account

Discus and support Turning off age restrictions on my Microsoft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When I tried accessing a website on my Xbox it demands me to ask for parental permission first and won't let me access, however I'm NOT a minor and the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by N4ni, Jul 19, 2022.

1. N4ni
    N4ni Guest

When I tried accessing a website on my Xbox it demands me to ask for parental permission first and won't let me access, however I'm NOT a minor and the age my account is set at reflects that. After some research I've successfully removed myself from the family group I was in but it still won't work Turning off age restrictions on my Microsoft account :(

Can somebody please help me out?

:)

2. Rhiannon Fern Win User

Hey there N4ni,

I had a similar issue and was able to correct it by doing the opposite of what Lucas Lauer had advised.

Got to your Microsoft account, change your birthday there and potentially fill out any new information Microsoft DEMANDS from you

eg: time zone, state etc

I really hope this helps as i was not able to find help any where else :)
  3. N4ni Win User

I was previously but I left it thinking it would stop my Xbox pretend I'm a child
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

In this case, I would suggest you to ask your parents to add you to the group again but this time as an organizer, not a member. This way your account will have adult policies instead of child policies:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, N4ni. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Are you really an adult or have you changed your Microsoft account birthdate? I ask because changing your Microsoft account birthdate does not carry over to your Xbox profile birthdate. Your Xbox profile birthdate cannot be changed.

Please tell me this so I can proper assist you.

Waiting for your follow-up.
  6. N4ni Win User

I was previously but I left it thinking it would stop my Xbox pretend I'm a child
Thema:

1. Turning off age restrictions on my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Turning off age

2. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  3. Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...: Xbox series x displays a message after turning on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off automatically in 5 minutes " 72bd2691-48d1-4862-a56f-931ce69adbeb
  4. Why my controller keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my controller keeps turning off: I recently updated my elite controller 2 days before making this post. All of a sudden it wouldn't charge and when tried to power on it lights up and slowly dims and powers, when i try to sync it...
  5. On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard?

in XBoX Accessibility
    On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard?: I have an issue when I’m using the on screen keyboard with Xbox series x. When the on screen keyboard is open, after typing the first character, the cursor automatically goes to the first word on...
  6. HELP - Xbox One Series S turns on for about 5 seconds and immediately turns off

in XboX Insiders
    HELP - Xbox One Series S turns on for about 5 seconds and immediately turns off: Have been gone for the weekend to come back to this. Not overheating, nothing I don’t think has happened to the power in the house since I’ve been gone. Really weird. Any help is appreciated...
  7. my xbox is turning on making a weird buzzing noise and then turning off by itself. im...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my xbox is turning on making a weird buzzing noise and then turning off by itself. im...: my xbox will turn on for roughly five seconds and make a weird buzzing noise and then turn off by istelf. is this something wrong with the fan?. i assume its fully broke now as i have had it for...
  8. Advice on hardware issue? Xbox powers off immediately after turning it on.

in XboX Insiders
    Advice on hardware issue? Xbox powers off immediately after turning it on.: I have an older xbox one s that will often give me trouble when I go to turn it on. I hit the button, it chimes, the light comes on, then it shuts back down after a second or two. It doesnt even...
  9. XBOX TURNING OFF ON ITS OWN

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX TURNING OFF ON ITS OWN: for a while now whenever my Xbox one s is plugged into the internet it occasionally shuts off without warning. The quick access menu also pops up randomly and rapidly over and over. Is there...
  10. How the heck do I turn off the age-restriction on YouTube app?!

in XBoX Accessibility
    How the heck do I turn off the age-restriction on YouTube app?!: READ THE WHOLE THING Apparently, the Xbox YouTube app are very incompetent. Here's this:. I mainly use my brand account of Google. YouTube app on Xbox simply refuses to play the nsfw videos on...