Turn off fps display

Discus and support Turn off fps display in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got a new TV with a better refresh rate, when I was in settings this thing came up it was purple Overscreen. Now my fps is always displayed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cory carlson, Sep 15, 2023.

1. cory carlson
    cory carlson Guest

Turn off fps display

I got a new TV with a better refresh rate, when I was in settings this thing came up it was purple Overscreen. Now my fps is always displayed ironically its really annoying. It's on Xbox and not my other hdmis so I don't understand how to shut it off. Looked in tv settings and nothing

:)

cory carlson, Sep 15, 2023
  2. cory carlson Win User

Turn off fps display

Thanks but that didnt seem to work, im starting to think its more of a tv thing then xbox, but thanks for your help
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Turn off fps display

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Turn off fps display

Hello cory carlson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to turn off fps because of how it is being displayed from your TV. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Please try this on your games, as FPS Boost and/or auto HDR is only offered by most games.

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select My games & apps > See all.
    2. Highlight the tile of any game and then press the Menu button.
    3. Select Manage game and add-ons.
    4. Select Compatibility options.
      • Note Not all titles offer compatibility options.
      • You may disable FPS boost from here by unticking the box.
      • Note Native HDR games that are boosted to 120 FPS need to have HDR disabled if your resolution in video settings is set to less than 4K.

Should you need more details about how auto FPS Boost and auto HDR works, please check this link: Configure your console for FPS boost and auto HDR | Xbox Support.

We hope this helps!

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

Turn off fps display

contact your tv manufacturer support, that is definitely a tv thing.
  6. Skyfire 315 Win User

display turning off and on

I found the problem. I discovered the surround sound system options were not displaying either. Replaced the HDMI between that and the TV and it works fine again.
Thema:

Turn off fps display

1. Turn off fps display - Similar Threads - Turn off fps

2. Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...: Help, my xbox 1s from 2016 was updating but I turned it off and the screen isn't projecting anything the consoles sould be giving. 82a5784e-5d95-40ac-8166-c158cfe6dd2b
  3. My Xbox turns on and turns off immediately again. What can I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on and turns off immediately again. What can I do?: This is a bit of a long story with lots of details. I had an Xbox one S (the white one), I used it at the same socket each time and one day it started turning off immediately after turning on. I...
  4. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  5. Headset turned off during update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset turned off during update: I connected my Xbox wireless headset to my Xbox and during the update accidentally turned it off, it is now completely unresponsive and the button doesn't work nor does plugging it into an Xbox....
  6. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  7. Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...: Xbox series x displays a message after turning on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off automatically in 5 minutes " 72bd2691-48d1-4862-a56f-931ce69adbeb
  8. Why my controller keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my controller keeps turning off: I recently updated my elite controller 2 days before making this post. All of a sudden it wouldn't charge and when tried to power on it lights up and slowly dims and powers, when i try to sync it...
  9. On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard?

in XBoX Accessibility
    On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard?: I have an issue when I’m using the on screen keyboard with Xbox series x. When the on screen keyboard is open, after typing the first character, the cursor automatically goes to the first word on...
  10. No option to turn FPS Boost on or off

in XboX Insiders
    No option to turn FPS Boost on or off: Alpha Skip-Ahead here, updated on the 17th, restarted 2 times, still not seeing the option on Mamage game to turn the option on/off, I' trying on Sniper Elite 4, game runs at 60fps alright and I...